Author Topic: airvoice wireless in PA?  (Read 2981 times)

wanttolivethedream

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
airvoice wireless in PA?
« on: December 28, 2014, 12:32:36 PM »
Hi everyone, I was curious if anyone has this service in the central PA are. We currently have virgin mobile and are looking to at other alternatives as the coverage is not really that good.

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
Re: airvoice wireless in PA?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »
The AT&T native coverage of Pennsylvania is lightyears better than Sprint's and even a bit better than Verizon's all told, putting it as one of the best covered national networks in the state from one of the big four network operators, with the only dead zone reported as being in the middle of the big state forests in the North-Central region. Although coverage maps are known to lie, it looks pretty solid. If you still want a better idea of general reception coverage, check croud-sourced maps with Root Metrics, OpenSignal, Sensorly, DeadCellZones.com, and CellReception.com for further overall reported AT&T coverage in your area. They aren't exactly complete either, but you can make a good guess between them and the official coverage maps... but odds are, you're going to be just fine with Airvoice or any other AT&T MVNO of your choosing.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 01:22:32 PM »
Was just in Philly and had no problems with my AV plan.

Truckman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 03:05:32 PM »
My daughter has great coverage in the York area.  The rest of us are switching over from Verizon shortly...

neo von retorch

• Magnum Stache
    • Fi@retorch - personal finance tracking
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 06:56:50 PM »
Yes AT&T and their MVNOs like Airvoice have been excellent for me in Harrisburg, Hershey, Mechanicsburg, Lancaster and further East including Phoenixville, Horsham, Malvern and, importantly, all points between.

wanttolivethedream

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 07:43:35 PM »
Thanks for all the input everyone. The coverage maps looked good to me also, but there's nothing like getting an  opinion from someone with first hand knowledge. i'll switch my wife first nd see how it goes. 

MustacheCowboy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »
I just switched to Ting and I haven't had any issues with Sprint's network. I live outside of Harrisburg. I switched from ATT and coverage on their network was also fine.