Author Topic: Accommodation in Toronto ON Canada  (Read 2749 times)

lbdance

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Accommodation in Toronto ON Canada
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:33:07 AM »
So, due to a wedding of a good friend, we are planning a trip to the US and Canada in Sept / Oct
We have booked some accommodation already, on the recommendation of our friend (e.g. where to stay the night of the wedding) however we are probably going to be in Toronto for a few days before the wedding to really spend time with him and his fiancee (and a couple of other friends that are traveling to attend the wedding also)
I would be interested in suggestions for cheap but comfortable accommodation, from what I can figure out he is in East York, if that helps anyone? He did suggest AirBnB - any thoughts about this service?
TIA

Lanny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Accommodation in Toronto ON Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 10:52:17 AM »
I live in downtown Toronto and would suggest staying downtown to really see everything the City can offer. You can walk and use transit to get around and can score some great deals through Hotwire. I know your friend is in North York but there isn't much to see in that area. I would use Hotwire, stay downtown and if you need to get up to North York use transit or rent a zip car for a few hours, especially if it's your first time in the City.

Lanny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 10:53:27 AM »
Sorry correction, I noticed your friend is in East York not North but same advice applies- stay downtown for the best experience.

Wannabe Mustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:05:20 PM »
The Madison Boutique Hotel - is ideally located downtown but on a beautiful tree-lined street (I know, I used to live on the street, Madison Ave.).  The hotel is close to the subway, excellent shopping and restaurants.  The rooms are small but well appointed and clean.  The only problem might be noise from the very popular Madison Pub next door.  Weeknights are probably OK for noise though.  I stayed last August for less than $100/night. 

http://madisonmanorboutiquehotel.com/

Captain and Mrs Slow

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 01:30:48 PM »
I highly reconmend airbnb had nothing but great experices with them, I mean why stay in a hotel when you can have a whole apartment for the same money.

And for hotels trip advisor is good as well