Author Topic: A similar site for people living in France?  (Read 1902 times)

moustacheverte

• Stubble
A similar site for people living in France?
« on: December 28, 2017, 02:17:02 PM »
Is there a similar website but specific to France? My mother's finances need attention, and I can't help much because I don't know anything about French accounts/financial products.

I'm familiar with registered Canadian accounts, indexes etc so I would need to read up on France to find out what are the corresponding accounts.

eazyebeneezer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: A similar site for people living in France?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:57:13 AM »
I've been interested in this as well, as my partner is French and her friends are wondering what the hell we're talking about when we try explain FIRE. Some of them are now asking us for investing advice, but the system is so different it's pretty hard to give advice. I found this sub-reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/vosfinances/ useful for basic information, but have a long way to go to actually understand the different types of accounts. Would be curious to hear if you find anything. Tu parles français, j'imagine?

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
Re: A similar site for people living in France?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 03:28:10 PM »
I'm not in France but in Italy and the closest thing I've found is a general Italian finance forum.  If anyone is interested and speaks Italian, it's called finanzaonline: http://www.finanzaonline.com/forum/index.php.  Good for general Italian investment advice but there's nothing about FIRE there.  I don't know if France is the same as Italy but the whole pension system here is so different that most Italians don't 'save for retirement' - it's just not a thing here.  The average person just puts the required money into the state pension system and hopes that they don't raise the retirement age again from 67.