Author Topic: A mustachemobile?  (Read 2194 times)

taekvideo

• Bristles
A mustachemobile?
« on: April 13, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »

2003 ford focus ZTW wagon automatic with 91k miles, should be able to get it for a little over $3k cash (from a dealer).
I like how it has plenty of passenger & cargo space without adding excessive weight and getting terrible mileage. The rear seats can fold down too.
25/30 mpg seems decent for the size & price and I work from home so won't be driving nearly as much as normal anyways.
Will be my first car, haven't needed one until now (unavoidable).
I have a trustworthy mechanic my brother referred me to at least, he's already inspected it.
I don't know much about cars, just what I researched, but this should be a practical choice right?
Looking for opinions from people who have the same kinds of priorities as me but actually know something about cars lol.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 04:05:19 PM by taekvideo »

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
Re: A mustachemobile?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 02:59:29 PM »
That was on my shortlist of cars when looking last year (ended up with a high-miles '09 Hyundai Accent).  It looks like a solid choice.  A manual would be better over the automatic, but that goes without saying.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 03:07:57 PM »
That was on my shortlist of cars when looking last year (ended up with a high-miles '09 Hyundai Accent).  It looks like a solid choice.  A manual would be better over the automatic, but that goes without saying.

I have the elantra touring w almost 100k. This is my second hyundai first one led w 125K before someone totaled it for me. Solid car for sure.
My Accent is now up to 261k and change, hoping to see 300k.  First owner commuted 160 miles round trip a day on the highway until last year.  (I don't know why you'd do that to yourself.)

taekvideo

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 03:35:19 PM »

Good to hear and thanks for the advice.
Yeah I know manual is better and I haven't ruled them out but will probably get an automatic for convenience. If I had a commute I'd probably care enough about maximizing mpg to learn to drive a stick but not for now.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!