Author Topic: 2008 Prius for family of 5 + 2 dogs...am I being ridiculous? lol  (Read 525 times)

kevj1085

• Stubble
Well our kids are 8,5, and 7 month old. We have a 2007 f150 truck and a 2008 Prius. Wife works 3 min from home so she drives the truck and drops kids off at school on way to work. I work 20 min from home and use the Prius. Weekends we drive together in the Prius, 3 kids in the back. It seems to work fine in my opinion for now, but I'm just curious if I need to upgrade to more space for the kids? If it matters, we have a 4000 lb popup camper so definitely need the truck, but unsure if it's worth having another big car just for my wife to do her thing, which leaves me driving the truck 20 min to work and back daily.

YttriumNitrate

• Handlebar Stache
Re: 2008 Prius for family of 5 + 2 dogs...am I being ridiculous? lol
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 06:41:45 AM »
If your situation is working fine, why bother getting a bigger car? That being said, looking at bigger cars when your 2008 Prius dies would be reasonable.

Wolfpack Mustachian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 06:48:26 AM »
Agreed. It's working now. No need to buy something on what might be a problem later. I have a Prius and am familiar with the size. Until you have some big teenagers it didn't be too much of an issue,  and even then,  if you put the little one on the middle, you can still get a lot of years without it getting too cramped,  imo.

maisymouser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 07:00:15 AM »
I am posting only to say that I am really impressed and you're an inspiration to us all. We have a 3yo and two Priuses (one only has 4 seats since it's a 2017 Prius Prime). I was thinking we would want to upsize with the next vehicle in the event that we have another kid, but clearly this is not necessary. You rock kevj.

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 11:32:57 AM »
The Prius has a really generous amount of leg room in the back seat. We put two kids in the back of our Prius all the time, and sometimes squeeze another adult between them. The middle seat between two carseats isn't terribly comfortable, but it works. As they age into booster seats it should improve.

pdxvandal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 12:19:13 PM »
Yes, I have a 2008 Prius and it's amazingly roomy in the back. I used to drive for Uber part time and once squeezed in like 4 skinny-assed college kids in the back. I don't recommend doing that, BTW.