Author Topic: 2 lines (business and personal) on same device?  (Read 1914 times)

NeighborGuy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
2 lines (business and personal) on same device?
« on: June 16, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »
I'll be starting my own firm soon and I'm trying to figure out how to have both my personal and business phone lines on the same device in a way that is both reliable and economical. It's amazing to me how hard it is to find information on how to do this...seems like a very common-sense thing to want to do for entrepreneurs in this day and age.
Google voice is a no-go. After using it for a little over a year for personal use, I'm finding it too unreliable to use for business.
Skype number may be a possibility; if anyone has any experience using it as a dedicated business line, I'd like to hear about it.
I'm also aware of apps like Line2 that offer a software solution, but then I'd be entrusting the integrity of my business phone number to an app developer that might not be around in a year or so. Also they get fairly pricey.
If I can't find any other option, I'm considering trading in my existing phone for BLU Advance 4.0 Dual Sim (at >$100 OTD, best value dual-sim phone I've been able to find). Then I would just have an unlimited line for my business from H2O ($30/month) and a paygo line for personal use (averaging $15/month right now, but that would go down dramatically if I had the other line to use for long calls to family and such).

Thoughts, ideas, or experiences?

historienne

• Bristles
Re: 2 lines (business and personal) on same device?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 03:16:59 PM »
I know you said no to Google Voice, but would you consider getting a new SIM and using that number as your business line, while porting your personal number to Google Voice?  That way you'd have the more reliable option for your business line, and the lower reliability of Google Voice might be acceptable for your personal line.

NeighborGuy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: 2 lines (business and personal) on same device?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »
Actually yeah, that could work. :p Too obvious for me, I guess. Thanks!