5 (4.9%)
ENFJ - Protagonist
5 (4.9%)
ENTP - Debater
2 (2%)
ENTJ - Commander
8 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Author Topic: Poll: Mustachian Personality Types  (Read 2716 times)

redwood_canyon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Poll: Mustachian Personality Types
« on: January 01, 2019, 09:12:32 PM »
This is something I am curious about. I know there are polls about the career makeup of Mustachians, but none (to my limited knowledge) about personality type.

If you dont know your type offhand go to the website:

https://www.16personalities.com/

to take the free test. Takes about 10 minutes.

Thank you very much and I really look forward to sharing the results with the community. It will be interesting to find if we all have common personality types, and may provide more insight to what kind of person makes a Mustachian.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 09:26:27 PM by redwood_canyon »

beer-man

• Stubble
Re: Poll: Mustachian Personality Types
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 07:12:00 AM »
INFJ
 Did this test a year ago and found it quite revealing and mostly accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 07:33:17 AM »
I did the test. But I think I could have answered differently if I would have done the test some other time. It really depends on what interpretation you give to the question at the time of the test.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 07:58:54 AM »
INTJ.  I know we're vastly over-represented on MMM.  I remember at an ERE/MMM meetup years ago, Jacob's wife said that the ERE community was about 60% INTJ and 90% software engineers.

Dixie_Amazon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 08:18:59 AM »
As INFP I may be an outlier. I have taken various free versions over the years and come back as INFP every time.

Beardy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 08:19:56 AM »
Weird...a previous time (about 2 years ago) I took this I got INTJ, but after just taking it again I got ENFP. Granted, F/T and J/P are 49/51 for both so fairly borderline.

Never really make any decisions based on these, but fun to see how perceptions change over time! Have definitely made enough life changes in the last few years to warrant shifting, so funny how it is represented with the test too.

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 08:37:29 AM »
I took the MB test in a course I was forced to take and  other than a somewhat mild "I", every other characteristic was too close to call/undetermined. 

But I consider myself an "I/S"--introvert/skeptical about silly personality tests. 

redwood_canyon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 01:11:47 PM »
I do agree with many of you on the slight novelty and subtle differences in the test ie (being 51/49 E to I). This just satisfies an underlying need for inaccurate and largely subjective data about a group of people. (said no one ever).

There certainly wont be a large paper written about this outstanding data, it is more novel than anything. Thank you for taking part however, each response means a lot.

Greyweld

• Pencil Stache
  • Get healthy, save money, kick ass
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 01:20:43 PM »
I got INFJ this time, previously have gotten ISFP. But that 2nd and 4th letter were pretty close to the edge there.

katekat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 01:29:19 PM »
I got INFP on this particular occasion and that's how I voted. It's a toss up as to whether I am INFP or INTP on any particular day or quiz.

honeybbq

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 02:42:05 PM »
INTJ (did not take this test) and also sometimes an INTP.

FINate

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 07:21:46 PM »
Didn't take this particular test, but I've taken some variation at least a dozen times and always come out the same: INTJ and strongly, unambiguous in all directions.

When did the label attached to INTJ change? Architect is nice, but I much prefer the Mastermind or Mastermind Rational label. Has an evil genius ring to it...bwahahaha.

In any case, surprised to see such an overrepresentation of INTJ in the results. Normally 2-4% of the general population, currently at 27% on the poll. Mr Money Masterminds?

Roots&Wings

• Handlebar Stache

Tabitha

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 08:08:14 AM »
Former INTJ now tested ISTJ. As I was redoing the test I noticed that some if my responses hace changed with experience, time or training. (eg. public speaking) If personality is unchanged by time, it must be changed by experiences.

Free Spirit

• Stubble
  • Be water, my friend.
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 08:40:12 AM »
Former INTJ now tested ISTJ. As I was redoing the test I noticed that some if my responses hace changed with experience, time or training. (eg. public speaking) If personality is unchanged by time, it must be changed by experiences.

I agree with this. In the past I would have very ambiguous answers (always tested introvert though). As I've gotten older and more experienced in the world I have a lot more confidence in how I'm answering the questions. For the past few years I've consistently tested as INTP and feel it's scarily accurate, at least for where I am right now.

FireAnt

• Bristles
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 09:58:21 AM »
I have taken this in the past, and taken it again just now and always test ESFJ - Consul which seems to be an outlier here. Hmmmmm...

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!