Author Topic: Zuckerberg X H&M Clothing Line (Aprils Fools)  (Read 6395 times)

trashmanz

• Bristles
Zuckerberg X H&M Clothing Line (Aprils Fools)
« on: April 01, 2016, 10:37:21 AM »
Zuckerberg X H&M (Aprils Fools)

http://markforhm.com/

I don't think its such a bad idea actually, but maybe I'm in the minority.  People seem to think simple clothing options is something to make fun of.  :)

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
Re: Zuckerberg X H&M Clothing Line (Aprils Fools)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 10:43:53 AM »
People seem to think simple clothing options is something to make fun of.  :)

Depends how much they charge for it....
This fits "simple clothing" and I'd sure make fun of you for it.  (Found a gray one to fit the Zuckerberg line) http://www.harrods.com/product/tessier-melange-t-shirt/boss-black-man/000000000004994560?cat1=new-men&cat2=new-men-tshirts

(But I couldn't  get away with wearing that at work. We can wear jeans, but a t-shirt would get me sent home.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:47:56 AM by iowajes »

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 11:08:59 AM »
I thank Zuckerberg for being Zuckerbergerly. I like wearing the same clothes each day, and it does get me a certain amount of flack from the previous generation, but hey, it works.

aFrugalFather

• Stubble
    • Life/Finance Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 11:51:09 AM »
People seem to think simple clothing options is something to make fun of.  :)

Depends how much they charge for it....
This fits "simple clothing" and I'd sure make fun of you for it.  (Found a gray one to fit the Zuckerberg line) http://www.harrods.com/product/tessier-melange-t-shirt/boss-black-man/000000000004994560?cat1=new-men&cat2=new-men-tshirts

(But I couldn't  get away with wearing that at work. We can wear jeans, but a t-shirt would get me sent home.)

This is true, and that is one dang expensive simple grey shirt. 

coolistdude

• Stubble
    • Retirement Tree (Same One I Use):
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 12:01:36 PM »
I thank Zuckerberg for being Zuckerbergerly. I like wearing the same clothes each day, and it does get me a certain amount of flack from the previous generation, but hey, it works.

I'd very much like to go this route. I have a snap button up cheap long lasting shirt that I feel good in and is work appropriate. Currently I have designated weekday shirts and I wear the same jeans the whole week. If I went that route, I'd definitely want to number my shirts to make it easier to retire them.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 12:12:00 PM »
I've considered this type of wardrobe for ER.  Right now I have only one type of sock in my sock drawer, and it's pretty awesome never having to sort and pair up the little buggers when I do laundry.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 12:35:16 PM »
I've considered this type of wardrobe for ER.  Right now I have only one type of sock in my sock drawer, and it's pretty awesome never having to sort and pair up the little buggers when I do laundry.

I managed to do this during my last deployment.  I received a care package of new socks and threw out all my older ones which probably came in 4 different shapes and sizes.  The Army also gives us an allowance for replacing uniform parts while deployed.  I used mine to buy all new t-shirts and socks so they're all of the same age, size, and color now.  My current job in the Army requires a fair amount of travel in civilian attire.  I was proud of myself for attending a conference a couple weeks ago in a long-sleeve business shirt, tie, and slacks with a different outfit each day.  I felt a bit out of place though that I'm still wearing sneakers and don't own a blazer. My business wardrobe is either hand me downs or Christmas gifts so I should probably take that extra step and spend a few bucks on a pair of shoes at least.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 10:10:28 AM »
The Army also gives us an allowance for replacing uniform parts while deployed.
Isn't the point of an army that you all get a uniform? Isn't being uniform sort of what makes you an army?
I imagine getting blood stains on the outfit is pretty much a cost of doing business if you are an army

I used mine to buy all new t-shirts and socks so they're all of the same age, size, and color now.
I seem to remember that the colour pallete rather emphasised a theme of green + khaki

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 10:39:29 AM »
I buy all my plain t-shirts at H&M.  You should too.

(I'm saying this since H&M's stock is the biggest individual holding in my stock portfolio, and I'd like their dividend to keep increasing). :)

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 10:46:14 AM »
The Army also gives us an allowance for replacing uniform parts while deployed.
Isn't the point of an army that you all get a uniform? Isn't being uniform sort of what makes you an army?
I imagine getting blood stains on the outfit is pretty much a cost of doing business if you are an army

I used mine to buy all new t-shirts and socks so they're all of the same age, size, and color now.
I seem to remember that the colour pallete rather emphasised a theme of green + khaki

Shirts, socks, and pants wear out and need to be replaced, especially climbing mountains or living in a desert.  When I'm back home I'm responsible for replacing worn out uniform parts out of pocket (officers only).

As for color, my t-shirts are all tan and socks all green, but over the years made by different manufacturers of varying quality.  Before I replaced all my socks you'd swear I was wearing two shades of green and something with a green/brown mix even though they started out the same shade.  My shirts were definitely two or three different sizes even though they all said "medium."

tobitonic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 11:57:47 AM »
Made me LOL.

Davids

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 12:33:10 PM »
A plain zip up hoodie needs to be added to make the collection complete.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »
Isn't the point of an army that you all get a uniform?

You have to wear an uniform but it's not free. Enlisted get an annual allowance for it. Officers pay for it out of pocket, with a small allowance at the time of commissioning.

And some of those uniform parts get expensive. It was like $60 to get new shoulder boards for mess dress.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:29:06 PM by iowajes »

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 02:47:37 PM »
And some of those uniform parts get expensive. It was like $60 to get new shoulder boards for mess dress.
I didn't know that - Looks like an opportunity for Walmart

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 04:34:26 PM »
Isn't the point of an army that you all get a uniform?

You have to wear an uniform but it's not free. Enlisted get an annual allowance for it. Officers pay for it out of pocket, with a small allowance at the time of commissioning.

I'm in an airborne unit currently and feeling pressure to buy a pair of jump boots.  They can be $60-$100 depending on where you find them and I might wear them once before moving on to a non-airborne unit.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 04:50:47 PM »
100% my husband would love this.

As it is, their basic v neck makes up 99% of his wardorbe. $4-6 a t-shirt, and they each last 2-3 years of hard wear? Yes please.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 07:11:29 PM »
I'm in an airborne unit currently and feeling pressure to buy a pair of jump boots.  They can be $60-$100 depending on where you find them and I might wear them once before moving on to a non-airborne unit.
2nd hand parachute, used once. Money back guarantee

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 07:26:57 PM »

Unlikely. First, Wal-Mart is a distributor / retailer, not a manufacturer. Second, US military uniforms are required to be made in the USA. (Not sure if it's actually a law, or just an administrative rule, but it exists.)

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »

Unlikely. First, Wal-Mart is a distributor / retailer, not a manufacturer. Second, US military uniforms are required to be made in the USA. (Not sure if it's actually a law, or just an administrative rule, but it exists.)
Isn't a distributor/retailer exactly what you need? When you are in a firefight you don't have time to comparison shop for ammunition online, and can't wait for Amazon Prime.
Walmart could be right there in Afghanistan making your fighting dollar go further - "save money. live better"

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 08:11:45 PM »

Isn't a distributor/retailer exactly what you need? When you are in a firefight you don't have time to comparison shop for ammunition online, and can't wait for Amazon Prime.
Walmart could be right there in Afghanistan making your fighting dollar go further - "save money. live better"

Hmm. Okay, if you think the cost is due to distribution, not manufacture, and you think Wal-Mart has better procurement and logistics than the US military (I could believe that), then you have a point.

Of course, there's still some misconception about the military going on here: for most soldiers, clothes are more likely to be stained by dirt, oil or food than by blood, and the vast majority of soldiers are behind the front lines of battle (assuming they're even in theater, or that there's even a war on), not on them. (I suspect the actual military folks in this thread -- of which I am not one -- wanted to point that out, but were too polite.)

warmastoast

• Stubble
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 09:41:38 PM »
I kind of went zuckerberg style since last fall...  and as a woman, I think it's more difficult to pull off!  I knew I'd be doing some consulting so wanted to look nice but I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I hate, hate, hate having to decide what to wear with what. I worked in dentistry for years so clothing was scrubs.  Easy.  I'm British so I had to wear a school uniform too.   Anyway, I went to GAP and bought a few pairs of black wool trousers in a couple of different styles and some nice boat neck t-shirts in different colours,  some nice scarves/necklaces and nice black boots. Done.

faithless

• Stubble
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2016, 03:58:24 AM »
I like the Zuckerberg line!

I kind of went zuckerberg style since last fall...  and as a woman, I think it's more difficult to pull off!  I knew I'd be doing some consulting so wanted to look nice but I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I hate, hate, hate having to decide what to wear with what. I worked in dentistry for years so clothing was scrubs.  Easy.  I'm British so I had to wear a school uniform too.   Anyway, I went to GAP and bought a few pairs of black wool trousers in a couple of different styles and some nice boat neck t-shirts in different colours,  some nice scarves/necklaces and nice black boots. Done.

I really liked the idea of a 'uniform' for work, and now I kind of have one, although it's not identical every day, and I don't think anyone has noticed! I just bought only black trousers, got rid of the tops that didn't go/I didn't actually like and picked up a cpuple more different colour &pattern 3/4 length sleeve tops. Now I like all the 10 or so work tops I own, and they all go with all my black work trousers, so I just grab the clean black trousers and a top, my black boots and black handbag go with all of them, so I don't have to think!

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2016, 04:56:59 AM »
100% my husband would love this.

As it is, their basic v neck makes up 99% of his wardorbe. $4-6 a t-shirt, and they each last 2-3 years of hard wear? Yes please.

Thank you.  :)

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2016, 04:17:46 PM »
I like the Zuckerberg line!

I really liked the idea of a 'uniform' for work, and now I kind of have one, although it's not identical every day, and I don't think anyone has noticed! I just bought only black trousers, got rid of the tops that didn't go/I didn't actually like and picked up a cpuple more different colour &pattern 3/4 length sleeve tops. Now I like all the 10 or so work tops I own, and they all go with all my black work trousers, so I just grab the clean black trousers and a top, my black boots and black handbag go with all of them, so I don't have to think!

Same here, I wear bland floral patterned square necked tops (like scrub tops) with black shorts or black pants 3-4 a week, and a dress 1-2 times a week (to mix it up).

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2016, 05:17:54 PM »
I always thought surgical scrubs were ideal work wear.

Unfortunately I'm not a surgeon - so it caused some odd looks in the office