Author Topic: You need to buy this $2 million house and be my neighbor!  (Read 7059 times)

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
You need to buy this $2 million house and be my neighbor!
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:18:57 PM »
I saw this bad boy "rebuild" in the 'hood get literally slapped up in less than 60 days.

The marketing is undeniably excellent. Put your laptop on MUTE when you get sick of the chill music, which will be fairly quickly.

Other than the time of year for this, which sucks, I'm sure they'll get their price in this bubble-licious region.

RIDICULOUS!!! (but great for us....)

LINK: http://www.1917howard.com/

ltt

• Pencil Stache
Re: You need to buy this $2 million house and be my neighbor!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 07:25:52 PM »
It's a beautiful home......but where's the pool?? LOL

Wile E. Coyote

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 08:19:18 PM »
Reminds me of the 5 bedroom 4,300 sq. ft. home that someone just bought in my neighborhood for $1.5M so they could tear it down and build something bigger.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:03:26 PM »
So glad I'm in the east bay...

but I don't think they'll get that price.  Just my RE crystal ball -- I don't really know the market in San Carlos

KS

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 03:39:13 PM »
Added to my Redfin favorites so I can see what it goes for and how fast, although Redfin doesn't know yet that it's for sale so we'll see if that works. That price does seem a little high, but I wouldn't be too shocked if they get it! San Carlos is both popular and low-inventory from what I've seen/heard. Does seem odd they'd put it on the market now though, they're missing all the people desperately trying to buy into the good school districts! Must not have had construction done in time.

Good news for OP's property values though, if you're a neighbor. :)

Bob W

• Magnum Stache
  • Live on minimum wage, earn on maximum
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 04:15:47 PM »
IMHO  the furnishing and finish of the home is very industrial.  Yick.  Would be a complete redo for me.   Leave one thing out of place and you're looking cluttered. 

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 06:50:23 PM »
It's a lovely modern-Craftsman style house, but it's not even close to spacious and didn't have over-the-top luxury features I'd expect for a 2M house.  The price must be for location, location, location.

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 06:53:44 PM »
The kitchen looks like it is poorly laid out.  The sink is a long way from the fridge and cook top.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »
IMHO  the furnishing and finish of the home is very industrial.  Yick.  Would be a complete redo for me.   Leave one thing out of place and you're looking cluttered.

I don't think it comes with the furnishings, although at that price it should!

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
I like it.  I'm always suckered by staging and I could def see myself living there.

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 12:23:44 AM »
San Carlos realtor friend of mine posted a 2/1 apartment rental to Facebook the other day.  $3500/month.  Outrageous!

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the bubble to grow to the point that I can get out from under my San Jose condo... sigh.

MikeBear

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 12:32:18 AM »
 I could buy a near-duplicate of that house in my area for ~$450k, AND it would come on lake frontage!

nebster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 01:53:28 AM »
Nice to see a fellow San Carlos-ian.  Especially since we just left and will sell ours in the spring.  :) 

If anyone wants to move up the hill from this place, for a lot more $, I'm ready to make you a deal now! We're just waiting 'til spring to make it even more exciting...

KS

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 10:26:51 AM »
Especially since we just left and will sell ours in the spring.  :) 

If you want to sell sooner, for a whole lot less than you could get on the open market, (and I mean a LOT less...) you just let me know. :) 

But back in reality, enjoy the proceeds of the sale; I bet it's fun to be on that side of the feeding frenzy, and will give you a nice boost to your stash!

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 10:42:40 AM »
Nice to see a fellow San Carlos-ian.  Especially since we just left and will sell ours in the spring.  :) 

If anyone wants to move up the hill from this place, for a lot more $, I'm ready to make you a deal now! We're just waiting 'til spring to make it even more exciting...

Nebster - Hilarious! For us, it's all about "the flats."

Others - This home is staged. No, it does not come with the furnishings. And my use of the term "slapped up" was deliberate.

Yes, they had very large crews working on this, but I'm shocked at how quickly they built it. And yes, location is the reason for the price. But note how small the plot of land is. You are very close to your neighbors with this house, and the road carries a bit o' traffic.

At a cost per square foot level, my 1946-built home just around the corner, which needs plenty of work, would sell for more than this house. Abso-f'ing-lutely-cuh-razy.

And homes like ours (3BR/2BR) are fetching 5K/mo for rent.

nebster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 11:04:29 AM »
If you want to sell sooner, for a whole lot less than you could get on the open market, (and I mean a LOT less...) you just let me know. :)

Yeah, I'll keep that kind offer in mind.  :)

I've had the pleasure of being the seller once before in a hot California market.  It was a considerably different feeling than trying to be a buyer.  I hope it will be a similar experience this time around.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 02:26:59 PM »

Nebster - Hilarious! For us, it's all about "the flats."

Hmm... I love me some rolling hills... but I didn't expect the extra water pumping surcharge when I moved in.  I mean, it makes sense but still.  They get the benefit of all my sewage flowing downhill for free!

nebster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »
Hmm... I love me some rolling hills... but I didn't expect the extra water pumping surcharge when I moved in.  I mean, it makes sense but still.  They get the benefit of all my sewage flowing downhill for free!

There's a water pumping surcharge?  Wow, I never noticed that.  I guess I should go look at my bill more closely...

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 05:07:34 PM »

There's a water pumping surcharge?  Wow, I never noticed that.  I guess I should go look at my bill more closely...

I don't know it it's everywhere... I have EBmud and lemme calculate the surcharge real quick....

... works out to about 19% for me.  Not nuthin. I'm only in elevation band 2... elevation band 3 is twice as much.

https://www.ebmud.com/for-customers/account-information/water-rates-service-charges

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!