Author Topic: You and Yours (BBC Radio 4)  (Read 2861 times)

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
You and Yours (BBC Radio 4)
« on: July 01, 2017, 01:03:36 AM »
I often catch You and Yours (the BBC's consumer programme) and am often amazed by how antimustachian and/or entitled the callers are.

There was a woman yesterday whose bank was closing their safety deposit box service and she had an old one in her old local branch with some of her mother's stuff. She complained because they sent her three letters asking her to collect her stuff and she only answered the last one at the last minute and the person on the main bank phone line couldn't help her. It's like, mate, part of your complaint is that it's a branch-specific service and you don't want to go to Wales. RING THE BRANCH. And they sent you three letters and you didn't do anything! They're not going to hang on to your lone safety deposit box until you die.

Anyone else listen and cringe?

sue(uk)

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: You and Yours (BBC Radio 4)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 03:25:26 AM »
Link here; http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08vwn8j

You're right, she could have contacted the bank where the safety deposit box was kept, but I thought it more of a communication problem from the Head office. Once the bank had been contacted by Radio 4, they stated that the box could be transferred to a local branch. Job done.

I did wonder why, if the items were so personal/precious, what they were doing in Wales rather than where she lives in London though

cerat0n1a

• Handlebar Stache
Re: You and Yours (BBC Radio 4)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 04:45:55 AM »
I always assumed that they needed to find the occasional unduly entitled/unreasonable person to keep the program interesting?