Author Topic: Win the Holidays  (Read 3299 times)

BeardedLady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Win the Holidays
« on: December 07, 2015, 07:44:11 AM »
I saw an add for Best Buy on Hulu, and their ad campaign theme is "Win the Holidays." Ugh. Not only should people buy buy buy this time of year, but they should aim to buy more than everyone else.

Stachetastic

• Pencil Stache
Re: Win the Holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 07:51:44 AM »
I got all excited reading the title to this thread...thinking it was the secret to how to spend as little as possible this holiday without creating animosity. Clearly I've been around these forums awhile. LOL

BeardedLady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:01:00 AM »
I got all excited reading the title to this thread...thinking it was the secret to how to spend as little as possible this holiday without creating animosity. Clearly I've been around these forums awhile. LOL

That would be winning! I'm trying to give as many hand-made gifts as possible. Mason jars filled with homemade hot cocoa and "snowman poop" (marshmallows) will be my go-to for office staff and friends this year.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 08:22:23 AM »
Not an uncommon theme. I saw an amusing Best Buy ad featuring a young lady getting awkward hugs, kisses on cheek, and pinched cheeks..all for her incredible gifts she picked up there.

For me, winning equals spending time with those close to you and helping spread the good cheer to those that are less fortunate. I don't really want any gifts and enjoy that my parents haven't gotten me anything, because I don't believe that I need anything additional.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »
I literally cringe every time I see those commercials! On the bright side, my mini Mustachians have seen me do it and understand that the holidays are not something one should want to win.

CougStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 04:49:59 PM »
I, too, find these ads particularly grating. Even worse than the "Thanksgetting" ads from Verizon (I believe).

Best Buy has been getting worse and worse. I routinely get emails from them reminding of my available credit limit on my Best Buy credit card and all the great things I could get. It's been years since I made a single purchase with that card.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 07:58:37 PM »
That said, I am impressed at BBY's recovery!

kimchi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 01:58:16 PM »
One of the best things about not having a tv is being completely unaware of commercials, holiday-related or otherwise!

syednaeemul

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 10:03:18 PM »
Hehe saw the title and thought maybe it'll have competition entering tips