Author Topic: Wedding Financing Ad  (Read 2479 times)

Cyaphas

• Bristles
Wedding Financing Ad
« on: May 14, 2016, 09:45:13 AM »
Just had a wedding financing ad pop up on Facebook.

Top Comment:

"I know you're trying to keep things low-budget but here's something to take a look at just as an FYI "

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
Re: Wedding Financing Ad
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 04:25:02 PM »
Because debt is the best present you can give yourselves to start your lives together?

ringer707

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 10:42:34 AM »
I was once going through a couple's (term used loosely) divorce paperwork. They were splitting the debt for a loan they had taken out to pay for the wedding. I'm pretty sure the attorney didn't actually need to include that the loan was for the wedding, I think he just found it humorous and added it.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 10:53:26 AM »
I was once going through a couple's (term used loosely) divorce paperwork. They were splitting the debt for a loan they had taken out to pay for the wedding. I'm pretty sure the attorney didn't actually need to include that the loan was for the wedding, I think he just found it humorous and added it.

More likely it was evidence that it was intended to be a joint debt for an expenditure that benefited both equally. Had they taken the loan out for some other purpose, such as to consolidate someone's high interest debt, a divorce court could find that the debt belonged more to one party than to the other.