Author Topic: Volvo subscription: Upgrade in less than a year! Easier than owning a smartphone  (Read 2414 times)

elementz_m

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
It's car hire. Volvo have invented car hire.

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
Obviously, a concept that will get ripped to shreds here, like a stuffed chew toy with a squeaky in it. The flip side is that it's a brilliant marketing concept, and I'm sure it will prove very rewarding to Volvo.

Target demographic of a high earner, with little tolerance for all the bullshit involved in owning/leasing a luxury brand car. Volvo addresses this by offering a short term contract that involves nothing but paying the monthly bill, and putting gas in it. Brilliant.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
Keeping the factories busy in the short term anyhow...

enb123

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Obviously, a concept that will get ripped to shreds here, like a stuffed chew toy with a squeaky in it. The flip side is that it's a brilliant marketing concept, and I'm sure it will prove very rewarding to Volvo.

Target demographic of a high earner, with little tolerance for all the bullshit involved in owning/leasing a luxury brand car. Volvo addresses this by offering a short term contract that involves nothing but paying the monthly bill, and putting gas in it. Brilliant.

Surprisingly (to me anyway), it has not been ripped to shreds: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/antimustachian-wall-of-shame-and-comedy/now-you-can-pay-even-more-for-your-car!/msg1791181/#new

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!