Author Topic: Twitter snark about a Toronto Real Estate Wealth Expo (with Bitcoin)  (Read 2318 times)

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
a couple of great Twitter takes from people who attended a 'conference' this past weekend in Toronto.

https://twitter.com/squawkfox/status/982618809612763136

https://twitter.com/sdbcraig/status/982705997071507456?s=21

Travis

• Magnum Stache
Re: Twitter snark about a Toronto Real Estate Wealth Expo (with Bitcoin)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:51:36 AM »
With the Bitcoin tweets I couldn't tell if they were warning against it or saying it's just fluffy awesomeness. The presentation was just one mixed signal after another.

ms

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 12:06:58 PM »
Wow. I saw the ads in the subway last week. $149 tickets - now $49. A fool and his money are soon parted.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 12:53:51 PM »
Those twitter threads were amazing.

aasdfadsf

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:52:46 AM »
It's really too bad they didn't seem to have time to share all of their undoubtedly awesome real estate advice. I'm sure the guy who calls himself "Pitbull" had a lot of wisdom to share when not talking about cocaine and sake bombs (whatever those are). And noted real estate experts Sly Stallone and A-Rod surely could have walked us through a spreadsheet or two.

I also love how Bitcoin was worked into the conference title. It doesn't seem like anyone ever talked about Bitcoin or knew what it was, but the important point is that Bitcoin is this magical thing that will get you rich if only you give us money.