Author Topic: Train your face!  (Read 6671 times)

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
Train your face!
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:39:34 AM »
There was some chatter at the place I volunteer about one woman who just got her 'face training kit' from Amazon and how excited she was about it.  I have never heard of such a thing, so I had to look it up.  Apparently it is a thing, and a damn expensive one at that!  I still can't believe that people spend money on crap like this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GG5IZWS/ref=gb1h_img_c-2_6282_8abe0982?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=00P79N710QWZQH7VRTGA&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1980506282

viper155

• Bristles
Re: Train your face!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 09:50:18 AM »
Are you sure that contraption is for the face?

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:08:22 AM »
Well, that's what it says.  I wouldn't let it anywhere near mine!

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 10:21:16 AM »
That's stupid enough to deserve this:

fantabulous

• Bristles
    • My Crappy Little Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 12:36:34 PM »
Oh. I see. It's supposed to somehow reduce wrinkles. I was wondering if it was like just a face bra or something to force someone to smile.

Cookie

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 07:40:49 PM »
I thought this thread was going to teach me how to not react when I hear "overheard at work" topics.

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 03:14:38 AM »
I thought this thread was going to teach me how to not react when I hear "overheard at work" topics.
Can we get a thread on that ASAP?

Indexer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 07:47:50 AM »

Me too!  Now I need a topic that tells me how to react when someone says this....

... is for a girl's face! 

And then I also need a topic to teach me how to react to the $325 price tag!!

resy

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 10:57:59 PM »

Me too!  Now I need a topic that tells me how to react when someone says this....

... is for a girl's face! 

And then I also need a topic to teach me how to react to the $325 price tag!!

Look straight ahead (think deer in headlights),turn around and walk away. There, trained your face. Can I bill you for $400 now?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
Was hoping this product would get rid of my bitchy resting face.

AllChoptUp

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »
Sorry Dragoncar, but BRF is for life.  :|  <- I'm smiling right now, can't you tell?

AsianStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 03:19:39 AM »

Oh my god, there was an actual term for this? This changes everything. Though mine is actually closer to a "resting murder face"; people are usually shocked when they find out that I can smile.

PEIslander

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 04:01:23 AM »
Note on the amazon page there are optional accessories. A little plastic cap with a pad on it is $149 extra. Another plastic cap with two metal antenna-like thingies is another $149 and then there's some creams (1 oz. bottles!) for over $80 each. How vain & stupid can the purchasers of these things be?

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 06:27:18 PM »
Note on the amazon page there are optional accessories. A little plastic cap with a pad on it is $149 extra. Another plastic cap with two metal antenna-like thingies is another $149 and then there's some creams (1 oz. bottles!) for over $80 each. How vain & stupid can the purchasers of these things be?

One of my co-workers once told me that you could tell how good shampoo was by how much it costs. The more it costs, the better it is and one should insist on the highest priced shampoo money can buy. So my guess is that there is a constituency out there for anything that costs a lot of money.

Forcus

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 09:48:47 AM »
or something to force someone to smile.

If only! I'd buy one for the wife if it worked. Cheap at 10x the price!

nanu

• Bristles
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 10:46:35 AM »

Oh my god, there was an actual term for this? This changes everything. Though mine is actually closer to a "resting murder face"; people are usually shocked when they find out that I can smile.

I know exactly what you mean. I sometimes death stare people without even meaning to... (though it's more frightening when I fully intend it to be) 

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 02:31:40 PM »

One of my co-workers once told me that you could tell how good shampoo was by how much it costs. The more it costs, the better it is and one should insist on the highest priced shampoo money can buy. So my guess is that there is a constituency out there for anything that costs a lot of money.

Reminds me of my mother-in-law, whose motto is "Shop around till you find the most expensive."

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 02:55:53 PM »

Reminds me of my mother-in-law, whose motto is "Shop around till you find the most expensive."

It is absolutely bizarre isn't it? Like some sort of Upside Down, Inside Out Land? Bargain hunting in reverse.

Raste

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 06:35:16 PM »

When I started my current job, staff members would walk into my office and ask if everything was ok with me out of genuine concern. I always said everything was great! After about 2 months I realized it was my BRF. We got to know each other and eventually they stopped asking.