Author Topic: To-Go Embarrassment  (Read 30047 times)

chouchouu

• Bristles
Re: To-Go Embarrassment
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2015, 01:07:50 AM »
I worked as a waitress in high school and would be pretty aghast if people had leftovers and didn't take them home! I also carry Tupperware in my back pack for such occasions so I don't waste a plastic container.

Albert

• Handlebar Stache
Re: To-Go Embarrassment
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2015, 02:48:08 AM »
I looked this up and apparently, taking the to-go box is less common in Europe.   I might be able to justify it there -- the restaurants there are much more likely to provide the appropriate sized portions rather than American-style "all you and your family can eat in between two buns" portion.

That's true, was one of cultural oddities I encountered when I moved to US. However usually portions offered here are not so large that it would be an issue. There is a funny relationship though between a price of a restaurant and portion sizes. Generally speaking in fancier places portion sizes are smaller because they are hoping you'll also take appetisers and a desert to feel full. In standard price places I can only eat an entree or salad+desert not all of them. I'm a big guy but not a big eater.

Talking about antimustachian I was earlier this year in the fanciest restaurant in my life. Food was fantastic (4 courses plus wine), but the bill was fantastic as well (ca 120$ per person)…
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:04:04 AM by Albert »