Author Topic: This is why I'm broke  (Read 30307 times)

mydogismyheart

• Stubble
Re: This is why I'm broke
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 02:16:46 PM »
OK, I need to leave this thread and never click on it again now.  I actually double-checked what my spending for the month is when I saw they make USB power outlets now.

They have pretty much everything with USB in it now, I was at home depot the other day and not only did they have power outlets but they had surge protectors, regular power strips, etc, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure that they had ones that sing you to sleep and massage your back because they were like $150.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2014, 04:42:40 PM »
OK, I need to leave this thread and never click on it again now.  I actually double-checked what my spending for the month is when I saw they make USB power outlets now.

They have pretty much everything with USB in it now, I was at home depot the other day and not only did they have power outlets but they had surge protectors, regular power strips, etc, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure that they had ones that sing you to sleep and massage your back because they were like $150.

The vampire load would be very antimustachian, plus how much longer do you think the current USB connector will stick around?  I'm predicting a big push for the new reversible type-C

eliza

• Bristles
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2014, 09:52:02 AM »
Jedi Bath Robe!

If I wasn't living out of a carry-on sized suitcase right now, I would be all over that!

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2014, 12:57:51 PM »
Jedi Bath Robe!

If I wasn't living out of a carry-on sized suitcase right now, I would be all over that!

No you wouldn't! You're mustachian now, and you aren't concerned with such things.

trailrated

• Handlebar Stache
  • a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2014, 01:14:31 PM »
Jedi Bath Robe!

No you wouldn't! You're mustachian now, and you aren't concerned with such things.

This isn't the bath robe you are looking for

eliza

• Bristles
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2014, 09:37:44 PM »
Jedi Bath Robe!

But, but, but ... jedi bath robe.  Sigh.  Fine.  I wouldn't.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007CDGPV6/?tag=g10r-20

This is MMM approved? 
Stop getting hit by cars and trucks while you foolishly decide to ride a bike on poorly lit roads, now you can create your own visible bike lane with this clever bike lane laser light that easily attaches to any bicycle and projects a safe perimeter for drivers to see.

Never MMM approved to buy cheap knockoffs that don't perform anything like advertised, while trying to profit from the reputation of a genuine product.

Also, never buy anything from amazon without reading the reviews.  They usually tell you when someone is selling counterfeit goods, and amazon is FULL of counterfeit goods.

cavewoman

• Pencil Stache
  • I'm a woman who likes caves
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2014, 07:43:49 AM »

This is MMM approved? 
Stop getting hit by cars and trucks while you foolishly decide to ride a bike on poorly lit roads, now you can create your own visible bike lane with this clever bike lane laser light that easily attaches to any bicycle and projects a safe perimeter for drivers to see.

Never MMM approved to buy cheap knockoffs that don't perform anything like advertised, while trying to profit from the reputation of a genuine product.

Also, never buy anything from amazon without reading the reviews.  They usually tell you when someone is selling counterfeit goods, and amazon is FULL of counterfeit goods.

Soooooo you're saying there is a high quality version of that?  That's cool.

I'm not seriously considering buying anything from that site, I thought grabbing things that were funny or interesting was the point of this thread!

domustachesgrowinhouston

• Stubble
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2014, 07:49:42 AM »

This is MMM approved? 

Soooooo you're saying there is a high quality version of that?  That's cool.

I'm not seriously considering buying anything from that site, I thought grabbing things that were funny or interesting was the point of this thread!

Not even the Curved 4K Ultra HD LED TV for $7997.99?  I love the description:
"Blow your kid’s college fund on an exciting new technology that is bound to cost 1/10th the price 6 months from now with the curved 4K Ultra HD LED TV. After all, who needs an education that lasts a lifetime when you can watch HD programming all day long?"

dcheesi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2014, 03:55:05 PM »

The vampire load would be very antimustachian, plus how much longer do you think the current USB connector will stick around?  I'm predicting a big push for the new reversible type-C
The exact USB connector type doesn't matter; most of these outlets are already used to charge devices with micro-USB ports. As long as there is a USB A to Micro-USB C cable available, it will still work.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2014, 04:26:50 PM »

The exact USB connector type doesn't matter; most of these outlets are already used to charge devices with micro-USB ports. As long as there is a USB A to Micro-USB C cable available, it will still work.

My way but your new devices will just come with the type-c.  Your gonna go out and buy specialty cables just so you don't have to plug in a wall wart?  It's not like the 1 inch cube USB wall wart is hard to carry, and you already have to carry the cable.  There just so little upside

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »
http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/never-nude-jeanshorts-underwear

Bizarre.  I'm pretty sure that's a chick's torso and legs with a dude's package and forearms.  Really strange photoshop. 

fantabulous

• Bristles
    • My Crappy Little Blog
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2014, 02:09:09 PM »

Bizarre.  I'm pretty sure that's a chick's torso and legs with a dude's package and forearms.  Really strange photoshop.

That's roughly how my underwear looks on me. Unless I tape or use shapewear.

fireferrets

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2014, 05:29:52 PM »
A nice counter balance: http://theworstthingsforsale.com/
(How much overlap is there between the two? )

I can't look away

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »

Prove it

fantabulous

• Bristles
    • My Crappy Little Blog
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2014, 12:08:56 AM »

Prove it

Alchemilla

• Stubble
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2014, 12:50:41 AM »
Laughed until I cried. Thank you.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2014, 05:27:59 AM »
This one is hilarious--"Beat your meat like it owes you money!"