Author Topic: The one thing I need to make my life complete!  (Read 4632 times)

brkuhn1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
The one thing I need to make my life complete!
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:50:58 AM »
Do people really buy this crap?

EDSMedS

• Stubble
Re: The one thing I need to make my life complete!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:51:20 AM »
Very sweet!

My Father has had a hobby-business for >10 years selling "authentic" swords and knives at gun shows.  He doesn't sell much but generally receives 200% profit on the items b/c people are morons.

I chalk it up to a general unrest with current social conditions.  Why live in 2014 USA when you can live in 1400s England (in your head)?

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 11:51:58 AM »
Very sweet!

My Father has had a hobby-business for >10 years selling "authentic" swords and knives at gun shows.  He doesn't sell much but generally receives 200% profit on the items b/c people are morons.

I chalk it up to a general unrest with current social conditions.  Why live in 2014 USA when you can live in 1400s England (in your head)?

For some reason, I like this post a lot. Why indeed escape from  (a fantasy) 1400's to the dreary life of today?

viper155

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »
Looks just like Capt Hooks chair in the recent NBC Live version of Pater Pan

babysnowbyrd

• Stubble
    • My Journal
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 05:08:39 PM »
To be fair,

I don't think a lot of people would buy it for personal use to "make their life complete." Although since it's listed on eBay an individual can do just that if they really want to.

Most likely it would be purchased for a "themed" place (restaurant/hotel/theme park) or perhaps for a theater production. Or like EDSMedS dad flip it!

Richard3

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 02:57:33 AM »
A flipper still has to sell it to someone, so that doesn't explain its existence.

babysnowbyrd

• Stubble
    • My Journal
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 12:50:58 PM »
Lol.I wasn't trying to explain its existence, just why someone would buy it. If someone had connections with a crowd that would pay top dollar for something like that then that's a legitimate reason to buy a deal off eBay.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!