Author Topic: Tattoo Or Paying Off Loan? YOLO!  (Read 6908 times)

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
Tattoo Or Paying Off Loan? YOLO!
« on: April 17, 2017, 06:55:30 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP4OhLwVmcU

Entitled people like this piss me off more than anything. I bet you that she talks a lot of crap about the guy now, and will completely tarnish his reputation, even though she's the irresponsible dimwit.

PepperPeter

• Stubble
Re: Tattoo Or Paying Off Loan? YOLO!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:12:17 AM »
Maybe we can just dial back the sexism here a little bit?

Make fun of her for being a con artist who scammed some guy out of his money to get a shitty tattoo instead of paying her rent.  You have literally no evidence she's "tarnishing" anyone's reputation, and the way you phrased that reeks of frat boy claiming "she asked for it."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:20:48 AM by PepperPeter »

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:44:36 AM »
I agree with PepperPeter, please only use the facts found in evidence.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 03:18:09 PM »

Make fun of her for being a con artist who scammed some guy out of his money to get a shitty tattoo instead of paying her rent.  You have literally no evidence she's "tarnishing" anyone's reputation, and the way you phrased that reeks of frat boy claiming "she asked for it."
I'd like to know where this "sexism" took place? Jeez, everything is sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. these days. I didn't once say anything about her gender.

cbr shadow

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 03:23:06 PM »

I'd like to know where this "sexism" took place? Jeez, everything is sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. these days. I didn't once say anything about her gender.

Curious also where there was sexism in his post?  I'm literally TRYING to find even a tint of sexism in what he said and can't find it.  I'm all for calling someone out for being sexist (plenty of people are sexist) but I really don't see it here.  Care to explain?

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 03:33:28 PM »
In her mind, the tattoo is the better choice because loans come and go seemingly at random, but tattoos are forever. It's the same mentality that makes poor people have lots of kids. As far as they are concerned, family planning doesn't matter because they'll never get ahead anyway, so they might as well create some life that will love them. Just giving you another perspective here. Not saying I agree with it, but it's how they think.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:36:53 PM by WhiteTrashCash »

PepperPeter

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 03:34:20 PM »
To be fair, I just generally think OP is a jerk based on many of his other posts, so perhaps I'm being overly sensitive here, but the way I read his comment as sexist was his immediate jump to her probably talking crap about the guy trying to ruin his reputation based on no evidence.  If the two parties were male, would he have assumed that guy2 was talking crap about guy1 trying to "ruin his reputation"? Doubtful.  The implication is that women try to ruin the reputation of men by making false claims.  It just rubbed me the wrong way, particularly when his comment had nothing to do with her actual stupidity.

cbr shadow

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 03:49:51 PM »
To be fair, I just generally think OP is a jerk based on many of his other posts, so perhaps I'm being overly sensitive here, but the way I read his comment as sexist was his immediate jump to her probably talking crap about the guy trying to ruin his reputation based on no evidence.  If the two parties were male, would he have assumed that guy2 was talking crap about guy1 trying to "ruin his reputation"? Doubtful.  The implication is that women try to ruin the reputation of men by making false claims.  It just rubbed me the wrong way, particularly when his comment had nothing to do with her actual stupidity.

I don't know anything about the OP's previous posts, but just because a female is being criticized doesn't make it sexist.  I'm not sure if the OP would have made the same observation if it were about (2) males, but neither do you..  It just seems like you're jumping to an odd conclusion.  What if he called you sexist for picking on him in this post where it wasn't warranted? It does seem that you're picking on him, but I definitely wouldn't agree that you're being sexist.
Again I don't know anything about the OP's previous posts but I think you should stick to criticizing the ones where he's legitimately being a jerk.  Just my $0.02

PepperPeter

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »

I don't know anything about the OP's previous posts, but just because a female is being criticized doesn't make it sexist.  I'm not sure if the OP would have made the same observation if it were about (2) males, but neither do you..  It just seems like you're jumping to an odd conclusion.  What if he called you sexist for picking on him in this post where it wasn't warranted? It does seem that you're picking on him, but I definitely wouldn't agree that you're being sexist.
Again I don't know anything about the OP's previous posts but I think you should stick to criticizing the ones where he's legitimately being a jerk.  Just my $0.02

If he had commented to the effect that this was the dumbest woman alive and her tattoo was stupid, I would have nodded in agreement.  The criticism isn't the issue.  If the video had ended with her yelling at him on camera "I'm going to ruin your life!" and he commented to the effect, "Wow, that's terrible, I can't believe she's going to try and get petty revenge on him when she's the one in the wrong," I would have again nodded in agreement.

In the total absence of that, my issue that is his first reaction is obviously she's going to lie and try to ruin his reputation.  Because that's what women do.  That's the sexism.  There's no societal stigma about men lying to harm women's reputations.  There's plenty of stigma about women lying to harm men.

I don't particularly think I'm picking on OP by calling out the fact that these underlying beliefs are harmful.  If you don't think he was being sexist, that's fine too.  People vary.  But I did think it was sexist, and I do think there's a problem with the underlying assumption that the first instinct of a female is going to be to lie to ruin someone's reputation.  There's a reason that sexual assault is grossly underreported, and it's because we teach women that their words are to be questioned, and comments such as OP's do nothing but perpetuate that belief.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 04:14:43 PM »
There's a reason that sexual assault is grossly underreported, and it's because we teach women that their words are to be questioned, and comments such as OP's do nothing but perpetuate that belief.
You're reaching quite a bit, don't you think?

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 06:18:38 AM »
There's a reason that sexual assault is grossly underreported, and it's because we teach women that their words are to be questioned, and comments such as OP's do nothing but perpetuate that belief.
You're reaching quite a bit, don't you think?

"A bit"  No, that is probably not the unit of measure that's appropriate here.  More like projecting values and judgments on you, based on a world view that decided who you are, based on a sentence or two.

JMHO, PepperPeter,  but when it comes to games like hand ringing over imagined micro-aggressions, or attempting to assign the OP real, or imagined, issues with women, I like the fact that you are gaining zero traction here. Honestly, save that stuff for venues where you have an audience, I'm not seeing much of an audience here. 

vivophoenix

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 07:01:40 AM »
I don't know what the issue is here, but the OP does have an issue with 'poor' people, so maybe that is what is rubbing some people the wrong way.

and i do not say that based on this post alone.

i have seen him post about not wanting his kids to be a 'poor' Starbucks baristas, and his attempt to undermine the other parent as much as possible to prevent this outcome

i have seen him make posts in which he recommends the working poor should  leave the cities they are currently employed in, to be homeless in other cities while the person  bootstraps themselves into becoming millionaires

and i also saw some strange angry remark about non-gender conforming poor Starbucks baristas, in reference to giving a child an easter basket.

three separate posts in which this OP gives me a bad feeling

this here is a disproportionate response to a tv clip from a Judge based soap opera.

the OP assumes based on the economic values of the defendant, that the defendant is also likely to spread nasty rumors in an attempt to seek revenge.

even this post reeks of some weird angry response, which I admit i wondered if it had to do with the defendant being a woman

either way OP: why so angry bro?

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 07:12:03 AM »
I don't have an issue with poor people, I have an issue with people blaming their continuing poverty on society as a whole, or some ambiguous collectives holding them down. It's just utterly ridiculous.

I'm not sure what's wrong with wanting my kid to not be a Starbucks barista for 50 years. That's a pretty crappy career aspiration.

And if you make $8/hour, but live in San Francisco, you're an idiot to stay there if that $8/hour job is all you can get there. That's life. If you live in a HCOL area, and you can't afford it, you either have to make more, or move to a LCOL area. What's the issue?

What's strange about the Easter remark I made? You don't have to agree with it, but there's nothing strange, nor sexist, about it.

vivophoenix

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 07:23:01 AM »
someone was talking about consumerism and easter, using some facebook photos of a friend who had posted the giant haul of stuff given to her child.

you said:

Could be worse. She could be giving her "gender fluid" stuff, and ruin her daughter's life by starting her down the path of majoring in gender studies and working at Starbucks.

which is off topic, reeks of some sort of issue with gender choice, elitism and so many other isms  that there could be an entire gender study class on this one remark.

so i gather from here that you believe

ruining a child's life can be done by letting them work for minimum wage
and you associate gender fluidity with Starbucks and minimum wage work?

which stop me if this sounds crazy means: you have an issue with being 'poor' if that's the worse thing you could imagine happening to your child, and you will do anything you can including: withholding financial support and undermining you sig o. to prevent it

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 07:28:25 AM »
Well, I don't have an issue with gender choice, because it's not a choice. And yes, I do think that raising your child to aspire to be at a minimum wage job forever should be looked down upon.

And no, I associate parents brainwashing their kids as leading down a failing path. When parents literally have FIVE year olds being transgendered, when they're too young to even know what that means, nor the implications that would have no their future life, I take issue with that.

Of course, none of that matters, I guess I'll just be labelled a sexist because you disagree with me. Nothing I have said on this site is sexist. Not a single statement. I'd challenge you to show me otherwise.

Anyways, this is getting WAY off topic, and bordering political. The OP was about an irresponsible girl, not sexism.

PepperPeter

• Stubble
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 07:56:30 AM »
  JMHO, PepperPeter,  but when it comes to games like hand ringing over imagined micro-aggressions, or attempting to assign the OP real, or imagined, issues with women, I like the fact that you are gaining zero traction here. Honestly, save that stuff for venues where you have an audience, I'm not seeing much of an audience here.

Shockingly, you can't dictate how people respond to things.  I didn't post to gain traction with anyone.  I had a response to OP, which I posted.  You had a response to me, which you also posted.  That's how a forum works.  If you don't like what I have to say, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 08:03:21 AM »

Shockingly, you can't dictate how people respond to things.  I didn't post to gain traction with anyone.  I had a response to OP, which I posted.  You had a response to me, which you also posted.  That's how a forum works.  If you don't like what I have to say, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

He wasn't saying you couldn't post, he was just pointing out the ridiculousness of your post, and how there was no need for it ITT.

onecoolcat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 08:07:16 AM »
I actually thought the sexist comment was a sarcastic nod to SJW's, then it just got awkward.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 02:52:22 PM »
I don't have an issue with poor people, I have an issue with people blaming their continuing poverty on society as a whole, or some ambiguous collectives holding them down. It's just utterly ridiculous.

I'm not sure what's wrong with wanting my kid to not be a Starbucks barista for 50 years. That's a pretty crappy career aspiration.

And if you make $8/hour, but live in San Francisco, you're an idiot to stay there if that $8/hour job is all you can get there. That's life. If you live in a HCOL area, and you can't afford it, you either have to make more, or move to a LCOL area. What's the issue?

What's strange about the Easter remark I made? You don't have to agree with it, but there's nothing strange, nor sexist, about it.

In my experience, people end up living with low wage jobs long-term from a number of factors, which could include not knowing about other opportunities that exist, not having skills to utilize other opportunities, disabilities that prevent them from taking advantage of opportunities, illnesses that prevent them from taking advantage of opportunities, family obligations that prevent them from taking advantage of opportunities including caring for sick relatives, etc. You also have to take into account that half of all Americans have an IQ lower than 100, so many of the new industries in the STEM field are completely beyond their reach.

It's easy to just look at poor people and blame them for all the mistakes they make, but life is often a little more complicated than we realize.

shotgunwilly

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 10:10:40 AM »

This may be the dumbest fucking comment I've seen on this entire forum.

I even looked for an "edit" notice on the OP to see if he had took something off that I missed. Nope. Just another sensitive person irrationally contorting something someone says into a negative in their mind, due to their own insecurities. And let me tell you, this one was a STRETCH. 
MOD NOTE: Personal attacks and violating forum rules are not acceptable.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:10:30 AM by swick »

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 10:36:36 AM »
I'm with PepperPeter and MGOSam. The original post's assumption of her motivation is sexist and harmful.

It is not "reaching" to say that when a woman makes a complaint against a man, her motives are held up to higher scrutiny than if he had made a complaint against her. It is not "reaching" to say that the impact of that scrutiny is that some complaints that women would otherwise make against men are not made because those women want to avoid that scrutiny.

It may be helpful to think about the "women lie to hurt men" stigma as a corollary to the "men perpetrate violence against women" stigma. Both are true of some, but not true of the majority.

A man who would never perpetrate or condone violence against women is offended when a woman crosses the street to avoid him after dark. She has made an assumption about him based on his gender and acted to protect herself.

A woman who would never lie about rape or violence is offended when a man refuses to be alone with her in any setting. He has made an assumption about her based on her gender and acted to protect himself.

This isn't a perfect comparison because the numbers show that there is far more violence against women than false accusations against men, but both events can destroy the victim's life, and humans aren't great about assessing risk in situations like that.

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 11:12:48 AM »
Mod Note: OP is no longer part of this community due to violating several forum rules multiple times.