Author Topic: Take the Bus or Get Liberty Mutual Insurance  (Read 3385 times)

Rage

• Stubble
  • Eat the Horses
Take the Bus or Get Liberty Mutual Insurance
« on: September 08, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »
This is one of those Liberty Mutual "accident forgiveness" commercials.  Which basically amounts to insurance for your insurance.  I love the way this lady looks like she's throwing up in her mouth when she says "Take the bus"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnS0tSO4TcQ

The very suggestion that someone might take the bus ever is sickening.

Beric01

• Handlebar Stache
  • Law-abiding cyclist
Re: Take the Bus or Get Liberty Mutual Insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 08:22:28 PM »
This is one of those Liberty Mutual "accident forgiveness" commercials.  Which basically amounts to insurance for your insurance.  I love the way this lady looks like she's throwing up in her mouth when she says "Take the bus"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnS0tSO4TcQ

The very suggestion that someone might take the bus ever is sickening.

I've heard this commercial several times while in the lunchroom at work (sadly, the TV is always on). I can't help but quip to my co-workers - "but what about biking?" (They all know I bike to work). I'm actually going off insurance completely now due to no longer owning a car.

Far better than paying for car insurance? How about no insurance at all?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:24:19 PM by Beric01 »

AH013

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 11:29:56 AM »
Come on.  Liberty Mutual's insurance on an insurance policy extras are awesome.  Who doesn't want to pay more for a new car replacement rider.  That way, if when I total my car due to reckless behavior I get a car 1 year newer.  Win-win!

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 04:37:08 PM »
I notice that "learn how to parallel park" isn't an option.  If I was that bad of driver, I'd probably think paying extra for insurance was a good idea too.

Rage

• Stubble
  • Eat the Horses
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »
The self-defeating idiocy of the commercial just blows my mind.  You can't take the bus (obviously- barf!), you can't walk, you can't bike, you can't get a little moped, you can't learn how to parallel park. 

I don't think I realized how much the last one bothered me until Eric pointed it out.  What is it with people saying "I just can't do X".  X can be anything to do with math - like taxes or figuring out which mortgage is the best.  Or it can be anything outside their interests or expertise - replacing a window or putting air in their car tires.  Every time I hear this I just want to punch people in the face. 

I mean, I get if you don't want to do something like replace the alternator on your car, because I've done it and you get very greasy and the bolts are all hard to get to and at strange angles and what have you.  It sucks, I get that.  But I would never say "I can't replace the alternator", I would say "I don't feel like replacing the alternator" with the subtext that I am kind of lazy and also don't feel like owning the necessary tools.  But if you say "I can't", and just wall off entire parts of the world because you just <shrug> weren't born with the ability to do these things and can't learn either, well that's pretty lame.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
Yeah God forbid people get comfortable around the actual size of their vehicles enough to move them at slow speeds, better add more cameras and beeping sounds.