Author Topic: Sydney New Years Eve Fireworks  (Read 1747 times)

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
Sydney New Years Eve Fireworks
« on: December 31, 2016, 02:54:11 AM »
It seems that the whole world has heard about the fireworks in Sydney on New Year's Eve (starting in 15 minutes I guess - they let some off early so small children can see them when I was there a few years ago). Anyway, this year there are too many people for the places available. And there is very tight security because of some terrorism threats, so lots of places have less room than they normally have, and have been full since noon. So everyone is circulating around Sydney trying to find somewhere - anywhere.

As if this wasn't anti-mustashian enough (MMM really hates queues, all the petrol and money on peak accomodation and travel being expended is ridiculous), one couple decided that the view where they were wasn't good enough, so they booked the last places available at a restaurant that overlooks the harbour - at $1600 for the meal - see http://www.canberratimes.com.au/nsw/honeymooners-forced-to-splurge-1600-after-sydney-nye-fireworks-dream-goes-wrong-20161231-gtk99m.html.

Penny McSave

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Sydney New Years Eve Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 11:08:07 AM »
I love that the headline is that they were "forced to splurge". Can you imagine if they had missed it? Oh the horror!

Edit: With the amount of fireworks the article mentioned I'm sure they wouldbe able to see them just about anywhere in the city, I get the feeling they just wanted an excuse to get fancy. Also, why do they seem surprised at the amount of people showing up to watch?

Lol my mind is boggling at these two.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:53:50 AM by Penny McSave »

marty998

• Walrus Stache
Re: Sydney New Years Eve Fireworks
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 05:11:39 PM »
I will not stand idly by and have a bad word said about our fireworks :D

Snooze you lose, can't expect to rock up at the Opera House at 11:55pm and expect to get a good viewing spot.

I'm betting Uber drivers would have cleaned up again around 12:30am... that would have been the mustachian thing to do... be one of those drivers.

Could make a couple of thousand dollars for 2-3 hours work.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!