Author Topic: Snow Day in the Park??  (Read 1648 times)

darkadams00

• Bristles
Snow Day in the Park??
« on: January 10, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »
I live in NC, and we've been having colder temps for the last week or so (around 15 degrees for the morning lows). No snow, just cold. Riding my bike home last night, I came through the park and saw huge lights shining through the trees. Riding out of the woods on the greenway, I had to stop just to watch. The city (I suppose) had set up about six tubing lanes and were blowing artificial snow on the long hillside for kids to play. There were probably about 500 people there.

Assuming this is just a budgetary item similar to festivals and other park events, I guess it's a good free thing to do for families with little kids. I was just surprised. I could imagine our friends from Minnesota and South Dakota rolling around on the floor laughing at Southerners paying to put down the same stuff they pay to get removed.

At least the temps were great for the event--hovering around 25 degrees at the time.

Zombie Burger

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Snow Day in the Park??
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 07:17:10 AM »
I'm from Minnesota, and ski hills around here routinely use snow makers when the snow fall is not adequate. It probably doesn't cost too much; I'm guessing it's just the power for the blower and water pump.