Author Topic: Smell like the lifestyle you deserve  (Read 6254 times)

Avenger

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Smell like the lifestyle you deserve
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:23:56 PM »
I was watching a commercial where a woman says "I want my yoga pants to smell like I sweat money."

I thought this had to be a joke, but no it's a real ad for a real product.

This is for a collection of laundry scents with the slogan "Smell like the lifestyle you deserve."

Today I went to the grocery store and I saw this product on the shelf priced at $7.99.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Smell like the lifestyle you deserve
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 06:58:23 AM »
Hmm.  To me success smells like hard work . . . so usually grime and sweat.  I spend most of my laundry days trying to get the smell of success out of my bike gear.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 08:15:26 AM »
Hmm.  To me success smells like hard work . . . so usually grime and sweat.  I spend most of my laundry days trying to get the smell of success out of my bike gear.
Your name and location made me do a double-take. I know a Steve from Orangeville who resides in Niagara but spent years in the city. He also guitars slightly, but no biking AFAIK.

Melanie A

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:31:50 PM »
The downy unstoppables are actually my guilty pleasure. *blushes* I love the way the clothes smell and I find it lasts longer than regular detergent. It's my SO who got me hooked because I could easily smell it even when working out from his clothes.

Indexer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 08:18:46 PM »
Reading the title my first thought....

credit cards
new cars
cosmetic surgery

...people are starting to smell like Plastic?

JohnnyDollar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 03:27:54 AM »
Mmmm,  plastic and long - chain monomers...

UnleashHell

• Walrus Stache
  • Chapter IV - A New ... er.. something
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 04:31:59 AM »
I wanna smell like a huge stuffed 401k!!!!

sky_northern

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 12:04:14 PM »
I hate smelly stuff - I use unscented laundry products

people that smell perfume-y at the gym drive me nuts. One guy got on the treadmill beside me recently and he smelt so strong my nose started burning and I had a sneeze attack. I had to get off and move away, how does he wear that sh!t?

No Name Guy

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 01:16:45 PM »
Yep....I LIKE smelling like the lifestyle I deserve.

Yep.....6 months of hiking.....12 days through the Wilderness from one town stop to the next.  Yep - I DO smell like the lifestyle I deserve.

Spending a week in J-Tree climbing.  No showers, sitting around the camp fire at night.  Yep - I DO smell like the lifestyle I deserve.

On the former - long distance hikers develop a sense of smell for day hikers and weekenders - they stink to high heaven of anti-antiperspirant / deodorant, shaving cream, perfume / cologne and various scented laundry products.  One gal I hiked with could smell them coming from 10-20 minutes away if we were down wind.  Us hikers on the other hand....we just plain stank.  :-)

queenie

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 01:26:05 PM »
Your name and location made me do a double-take. I know a Steve from Orangeville who resides in Niagara but spent years in the city. He also guitars slightly, but no biking AFAIK.

This made me giggle.  I wonder just how many guitar-playing Steves there are in Toronto.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 08:53:37 AM »
IMHO - It should be illegal to add scents to all shampoos, conditioners, cleaning supplies, makeup, lotions, and air fresheners. I have allergies and asthma, and am sensitive to all that "smelly" stuff. Your scent causes me misery. I actively avoid the cleaning aisle because I really don't want to deal with the sneezing attack.

Tami1982

• Handlebar Stache
    • Disabled Girl on Fire
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 09:01:24 AM »
IMHO - It should be illegal to add scents to all shampoos, conditioners, cleaning supplies, makeup, lotions, and air fresheners. I have allergies and asthma, and am sensitive to all that "smelly" stuff. Your scent causes me misery. I actively avoid the cleaning aisle because I really don't want to deal with the sneezing attack.

I'm with you.  Allergies and asthma as well.  All new coworkers get "the talk" from my boss so I can function, and when a customer comes in that is heavily scented I have to tag out and swap for a coworker to avoid starting the wheezing.  People just don't realize that their body wash on top of shampoo, on top of lotion, on top of hair spray, on top of cologne is a lasagna of death of some people. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!