Author Topic: Self face punch  (Read 2871 times)

ACyclist

• Bristles
Self face punch
« on: November 15, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »
I bought a new tail light.  My old light liked to turn off in the middle of a ride.  It was possessed and had been going out for a while now.  The nightrider cherry bomb is what I chose.  Bought it at our shop with my employee discount.  I thought I didn't have one.

After I completely tore up the box, I put it together.  Then I went to find another part that I needed for something else, I found a brand new cherry bomb that I forgot I had. 

I think that I should take part in that de-clutter thing.  I thought we were de-cluttered.  Apparently not. 

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Self face punch
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 05:52:45 PM »
Ugh. Been there, done that. I'll share in your self face punch.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 09:17:21 AM »
Regift it to someone you love. A blinky light is a very good thing to have.

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »
LOL could be worse!
sell it or give it away!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 11:05:58 AM »
Here's a handy link to a similar, existing thread. It was started in July, 2015. Great binge reading material. Serpentstooth (OP) hasn't posted on the forum in over a year, but this thread she started lives on. I think of her fondly and wish her well every time it updates.

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/antimustachian-wall-of-shame-and-comedy/facepunch-me/

ACyclist

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 12:03:37 PM »
Here's a handy link to a similar, existing thread. It was started in July, 2015. Great binge reading material. Serpentstooth (OP) hasn't posted on the forum in over a year, but this thread she started lives on. I think of her fondly and wish her well every time it updates.

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/antimustachian-wall-of-shame-and-comedy/facepunch-me/

Thank you, I will try to look harder, before I post a new thread.  This is a good one.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 12:28:50 PM »

Thank you, I will try to look harder, before I post a new thread.  This is a good one.
Haha! I love this forum, but the search engine sucks, because you have to know something about what you're looking for, like what section it appeared in. If you're new, you simply wouldn't know where to look. Hell, I'm a fat-assed Walrus and it took knowledge and a measure of determination just to find that link for you. Yes, there's a workaround provided by the mighty ARS (iirc), which is around here somewhere, but it's far from intuitive...grousegrousegrouse.

Earlier today I wanted to post a helpful link about yogurt making on another thread. I went to the source blog, typed in "yogurt" and a number of posts popped up. I actually found one that was more helpful than the one I had in mind. It was a snap and now it's going to help other mustachians discover the joys of homemade yogurt, for the win.

I know and deeply appreciate that the forum is "free", but it's no secret Pete's brainchild has been wildly succe$$ful. The support of all of us is surely being monetized. Why not improve the forum's searchability? Beats me. This place is a series of messy desks and multiple, overflowing, thrifted (or giveaway) unmatched filing cabinets. From what I can tell, that's just not Pete's style.

Tl;Dr: I was absolutely not being critical of you, ACyclist. I just got frustrated when tryin' to help.

ACyclist

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 03:15:26 PM »

Haha! I love this forum, but the search engine sucks, because you have to know something about what you're looking for, like what section it appeared in. If you're new, you simply wouldn't know where to look. Hell, I'm a fat-assed Walrus and it took knowledge and a measure of determination just to find that link for you. Yes, there's a workaround provided by the mighty ARS (iirc), which is around here somewhere, but it's far from intuitive...grousegrousegrouse.

Earlier today I wanted to post a helpful link about yogurt making on another thread. I went to the source blog, typed in "yogurt" and a number of posts popped up. I actually found one that was more helpful than the one I had in mind. It was a snap and now it's going to help other mustachians discover the joys of homemade yogurt, for the win.

I know and deeply appreciate that the forum is "free", but it's no secret Pete's brainchild has been wildly succe$$ful. The support of all of us is surely being monetized. Why not improve the forum's searchability? Beats me. This place is a series of messy desks and multiple, overflowing, thrifted (or giveaway) unmatched filing cabinets. From what I can tell, that's just not Pete's style.

Tl;Dr: I was absolutely not being critical of you, ACyclist. I just got frustrated when tryin' to help.

No offense taken.

This forums features have me stumped too.  Can't get the list feature to work.  The quote feature annoys me as well.

I am merely a grasshopper at the moment.

Askel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 09:54:02 AM »
Run two blinky lights. Or more. 

I always carry extras. Also helpful when out late with somebody who doesn't have one.