Author Topic: Scumbag Jamie Dimon Student Loan Criticism  (Read 5383 times)

A Fella from Stella

• Pencil Stache
Scumbag Jamie Dimon Student Loan Criticism
« on: June 26, 2019, 09:00:21 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/jamie-dimon-rips-the-student-debt-crisis-as-a-disgrace/ar-AADsdEs?ocid=ientp

This fucking guy has overseen repeated crimes against veterans and other citizens, and then he has the nuts to say there's a student loan problem.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
Re: Scumbag Jamie Dimon Student Loan Criticism
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »
People like this rely on short memories. Hopefully the average smuck will not research this guy's background and previous misdeeds and just accept whatever today's message is.

Not unlike our current White House president.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 07:38:28 AM by Just Joe »

Proud Foot

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 08:01:09 AM »
I'm confused by what you mean here. No disagreement that he is a scumbag but how does his history effect what he is saying about there being a student loan problem?

Personally I agree with his assertion of the student lending program being a disgrace and hurting America.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 08:38:12 AM »
[H]ow does his history effect what he is saying about there being a student loan problem?

☝️

Seriously, ad hominem much?

djadziadax

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 07:00:18 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/jamie-dimon-rips-the-student-debt-crisis-as-a-disgrace/ar-AADsdEs?ocid=ientp

This fucking guy has overseen repeated crimes against veterans and other citizens, and then he has the nuts to say there's a student loan problem.

Are you fucking kidding me?

I share the sentiment - he is a low life, disconnected from reality, who sees everything through a banker's prism...NY Banker, of which I know a lot, live on Mars, not planet Earth....no morals

js82

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 11:49:48 AM »
Regardless of how you feel about Dimon personally, he is correct - the student loan situation in the U.S. is a mess and desperately needs an overhaul.

That said, I wouldn't trust Dimon to define the solution unless your goal is to line the pockets of big banks.

Proud Foot

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 08:46:02 AM »
[H]ow does his history effect what he is saying about there being a student loan problem?

☝️

@PDXTabs is your response aimed at me? If so, could you please explain it? I fail to see how my response, much less the portion you quoted, is ad hominem.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 08:54:05 AM »

☝️

@PDXTabs is your response aimed at me? If so, could you please explain it? I fail to see how my response, much less the portion you quoted, is ad hominem.

I'm pretty sure PDXTabs is agreeing with you by using the hand pointing icon.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 09:11:18 AM »
Yes, @Proud Foot, I was agreeing with you.

Proud Foot

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 01:51:26 PM »
Thanks. I kept going back and forth on whether it was in agreement or not.

Indexer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 09:23:17 PM »
I apparently missed a few news stories.

Jamie Dimon committed crimes against veterans? I think I would of heard about that. I searched Google and found an article from 2011 where Chase mistakenly overcharged some military personnel on their mortgages, admitted to it, and then refunded the money with interest.

Whether you like the guy or not, there is a student loan problem. 

A Fella from Stella

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 10:19:56 AM »

Jamie Dimon committed crimes against veterans? I think I would of heard about that. I searched Google and found an article from 2011 where Chase mistakenly overcharged some military personnel on their mortgages, admitted to it, and then refunded the money with interest.

Completely agree on student loan problem.

ON VETERANS: Troops who were deployed had been foreclosed on (not allowed). Some were actually current on their mortgage.

Foreclosure = Loss of security clearance, and your military career, as well as civilian contract work, is over.

The settlement was class action. Each family got something like $1700.

Right as this foreclosure stuff came to light I was interviewing with Chase, and when I asked what would be done to correct "this mistake," I was swiftly no longer being considered for the position.

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 09:27:27 AM »

ON VETERANS: Troops who were deployed had been foreclosed on (not allowed). Some were actually current on their mortgage.

Foreclosure = Loss of security clearance, and your military career, as well as civilian contract work, is over.

Right as this foreclosure stuff came to light I was interviewing with Chase, and when I asked what would be done to correct "this mistake," I was swiftly no longer being considered for the position.

There is no single indicator that always results with loss of security clearance.  If I were to be foreclosed on, I would tell my security officer and would probably be reinvestigated to see if there were any other indicators that might make me a threat to US security.  It COULD result in a loss of a clearance, but most likely, if that's the only thing, especially when reviewed, it wouldn't have an impact. 

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 09:36:26 AM »

There is no single indicator that always results with loss of security clearance.  If I were to be foreclosed on, I would tell my security officer and would probably be reinvestigated to see if there were any other indicators that might make me a threat to US security.  It COULD result in a loss of a clearance, but most likely, if that's the only thing, especially when reviewed, it wouldn't have an impact.

There used to be a lot of things that were considered "adverse" findings such as not being a Judeo-Christian, being gay, being married to someone with citizenship in a different country, or having been brought up in a different country and maintaining ties with relatives there. These days those things aren't automatically considered shameful or adverse, although if the relatives in question are in one of the umpteen "terrorist" or "sensitive" countries. A bankruptcy or a bad credit rating is still considered an adverse factor especially if it's related to an overall pattern of risk-taking or irresponsible behavior. In the case of the deployed military people who were foreclosed on, the foreclosures weren't obviously due to medical problems so they could indeed be regarded as adverse findings. The individuals hired to conduct background investigations often aren't the sharpest pencils in the box.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 07:17:11 AM »

Interviewing for a job and asking this question, what result did you expect?

What other result could you have possibly expected?

A Fella from Stella

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 10:16:24 AM »

Interviewing for a job and asking this question, what result did you expect?

What other result could you have possibly expected?

For me, interviews go both ways. You should be telling me why I should want to work for you. Not ruining the lives of veterans is a good place to start.

The interview was over from both sides.

Interestingly enough, they called me the next day and said they wanted me to apply for a different position.