Author Topic: Rental Neighbors  (Read 3481 times)

TheStachery

Rental Neighbors
« on: July 18, 2016, 09:19:08 AM »
Chatting with my neighbors that rent the house they are in.  They have 4 kids and 2 dog crazy dogs.  I see them moving things into the garage and I say, "are you guys moving?"  then they both proceed to tell me that the original owner is moving back into the house, and they gave them notice at the end of June.  They tell me that this was a surprise and that they wanted to stay another year.  So they have to find another place to live, they start complaining about the cost of rents in the area, and moving expenses, and the fact they they can't find a rental that is big enough, and that will accept dogs.  (the dogs have completely ruined the backyard, make a dirt mess, and they cheap up the fence so bad.  I can't image what the inside is like)  They said they are having to "scrape" money together to get this done.  Meanwhile, not even 4 month ago, on the same day, they came home with 2 brand new SUVs. Have no idea what they paid or if they are leased, but each of them start in the upper 30k, low 40k.  I have no clue how they do it.  he's a SAHD on some sort of disability and she works full time.

unbelievable!

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Rental Neighbors
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 09:23:19 AM »
To me - that's a great reason to be an owner and not a renter. A bit more control over your address destiny.

...and what is this obsession with $40K vehicles that some people have? I'd rather have something affordable to drive (b/c we don't spend much time in our vehicles anyhow) and have a nicer place to live with nicer things to put in it.

....and money in the bank for rainy days like when your landlord kicked you out.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 02:26:53 PM »
Sounds like they should have spent some of that money on dog training instead of cars.

TheStachery

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 03:27:26 PM »
I'm guessing that they won't get the deposit back... fences are expensive.

Helvegen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 04:38:46 PM »
Bad pet owners like those are why the rest of us can't have nice things. If our landlord decides to be done with our rental, it will be an absolute nightmare to find anyone who will take us with a cat. Your soon to be ex-neighbors are a perfect example of why.

The Money Monk

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 01:14:36 AM »
Bad pet owners like those are why the rest of us can't have nice things. If our landlord decides to be done with our rental, it will be an absolute nightmare to find anyone who will take us with a cat. Your soon to be ex-neighbors are a perfect example of why.

Really? for just a cat? Where do you live? Around here (north central florida) its rare to see a place that doesn't allow pets.

They usually have an extra deposit and/or extra monthly fee but they allow them most places.

Helvegen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 08:20:32 AM »

Really? for just a cat? Where do you live? Around here (north central florida) its rare to see a place that doesn't allow pets.

They usually have an extra deposit and/or extra monthly fee but they allow them most places.

We are only in the market for rental houses with garage to work on our cars and for storage. Very few allow pets and the market here in the Seattle area is extremely competitive.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:25:34 PM by Helvegen »

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!