Author Topic: Rent expensive things for selfies  (Read 3716 times)

One Noisy Cat

• Stubble
Rent expensive things for selfies
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »
    Yes folks, posting online selfie photos of yourself is a worldwide phenomena. But who wants to be seen with the same purse, sunglasses,etc all the time. You don't want your friends to think you are poor or, even worse, sensible. But fear not, now you can rent expensive accessories so each month you will have a new look.  A mere $300 a month for a chic purse.

http://www.safehaven.com/article/38446/selfie-fashion-trends-cheap-dresses-and-rentabag-mish-handbag-tips

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Rent expensive things for selfies
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:02:47 PM »
Do people take selfies with their handbags? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics there...your arm only goes out so far, so if your handbag is making it into your selfie then you are either taking a picture of your midsection or you are contorting your body in some strange way for the handbag to appear in your selfie.

Most selfies I've seen involve just the face and the background (look I'm here!) to show the person is at a certain place.

Ryo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 09:59:12 PM »
You're still taking selfies with just your arm?  That's so 2013!  Keep up!

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 07:00:06 AM »
Can't find the link but there was a story in the economist about a fashion mall being a favorite spot for wedding photos,  posed in front of giant models of expensive handbags - I suppose it beats Niagra falls

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 07:22:59 AM »
This reminded me of my trip to India.  Standing in front of a famous landmark in New Delhi, i watched 3 locals (young guys who were clearly fairly poor) take a photo of themselves with the landmark in the background, then take off their shirts and trade them to each other and take another photo, then trade and take a photo again.  For me it was sad not just because they obviously had very little, but because they spent all their focus on looking like they had more rather than enjoying the moment and the place they were in. 

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 12:20:41 AM »
Do people take selfies with their handbags? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics there...your arm only goes out so far, so if your handbag is making it into your selfie then you are either taking a picture of your midsection or you are contorting your body in some strange way for the handbag to appear in your selfie.

Most selfies I've seen involve just the face and the background (look I'm here!) to show the person is at a certain place.

Selfies in the mirror, usually to show off one's body, I suppose.

music lover

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 09:02:04 AM »
I've never taken a selfie in my life. There's no reason to...I already know what I look like.

RFAAOATB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 05:56:02 PM »
I've been thinking about how rich do I need to get to use a luxury watch rental service and not be completely out of place but most of my selfies are at the gym cuz I'm looking at the man in the mirror and plates stacked at least three deep so Facebook knows what I'm lifting, brah.  Now that I'm running more than lifting its either a post run selfie or a shot of the numbers on the treadmill letting my select few followers know what's up. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!