Author Topic: Remortgage to pay for dentures? No way. Time for a vacation!  (Read 2411 times)

Ceridwen

• Stubble
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/cheap-dental-care-sherbrooke-1.3630379

Dentures would cost him up to $1,000 out of pocket, which had him considering remortgaging his home.

But $1,800 to get in done in Cuba and get a vacation out of it? Well that money is easily available!

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
Re: Remortgage to pay for dentures? No way. Time for a vacation!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:20:40 AM »
If the quality of the dental work is good and it needs to be done, that actually sounds like a far better bang for the buck.

Of course I'd be concerned about how the poor guy got into the situation he's in, and question whether a more frugal approach might make him happier in the long run. However at this point in his life, the opportunity to Mustachianize himself into a significantly better position is long past, and although he'll reap the rewards of frugality in the long run, he might not have much of a long run left.

Ceridwen

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 08:51:19 AM »
Oh I agree, very good bang for your buck.  But if you're in such dire straights that you consider remortgaging when faced with a 1K bill, you should not be upgrading to the vacation option for an extra $800.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 09:23:44 AM »
Oh I agree, very good bang for your buck.  But if you're in such dire straights that you consider remortgaging when faced with a 1K bill, you should not be upgrading to the vacation option for an extra $800.

Agreed!

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 09:34:31 AM »
Timely,
!

Yesterday the news announced a denturist ( or faker)is being censured for selling dentures on Craigslist made out of hobby craft modelling clay. I guess some people really do not want to pay for their teeth, and make poor choices.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 09:54:05 AM »
I guess some people really do not want to pay for their teeth, and make poor choices.

Well I would suppose that making poor decisions and teeth problems largely go hand in hand...