Author Topic: Refreshing car commercial  (Read 2231 times)

Travis

• Magnum Stache
Refreshing car commercial
« on: December 18, 2015, 12:22:44 PM »
A local dealership advertised on the radio this week that basically "If you have terrible credit and need a car, come see us. We'll find you a late-model car that is new to you, and if you "just make the darn payments for a year" you'll see a vast improvement your credit score.

While I cringe at most car commercials, this one seemed to be one of the more honest. It didn't state or imply you ought to be spending money you don't have on a brand new car, or that you really need a new man card or cool kid points.  It said if your credit sucks and you can't afford a newer car, get one you can afford and don't screw up the payments.  Of course most of us here would prefer not to make payments at all, but for Joe Consumer this was pretty good advice.

jda1984

• Stubble
Re: Refreshing car commercial
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 09:01:13 AM »
That does sound pretty decent.  As someone who doesn't buy cars very often, I probably wouldn't be a good customer for them, but hey, I'd check them out if I was in the area just because they have a decent ad without the consumerism BS that most seem to push.

TheAnonOne

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Refreshing car commercial
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 01:12:09 PM »
A local dealership advertised on the radio this week that basically "If you have terrible credit and need a car, come see us. We'll find you a late-model car that is new to you, and if you "just make the darn payments for a year" you'll see a vast improvement your credit score.

While I cringe at most car commercials, this one seemed to be one of the more honest. It didn't state or imply you ought to be spending money you don't have on a brand new car, or that you really need a new man card or cool kid points.  It said if your credit sucks and you can't afford a newer car, get one you can afford and don't screw up the payments.  Of course most of us here would prefer not to make payments at all, but for Joe Consumer this was pretty good advice.

Yea, it's a 50/50 thing. Clearly, these people they are advertising to, have financial issues and shouldn't probably be buying a car but at least they are sound like they will try to find a reasonable car instead of a new 30k+ SUV or w/e