Author Topic: Queen of Versailles cameo on Vice TV "Huang's World"  (Read 3578 times)

susanna

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Queen of Versailles cameo on Vice TV "Huang's World"
« on: May 09, 2016, 12:19:25 PM »
https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/orlando/570fd7f7dbdde49f0e359afb

Vice TV's "Huang's World" episode goes to Orlando, and there's a short scene with the Queen of Versailles. See how her house construction, and cosmetic surgery, are holding up.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
Re: Queen of Versailles cameo on Vice TV "Huang's World"
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 08:36:41 AM »
Ughhhhhhh. I watched that whole doc. My favorite scene, right in the middle of their lowest point, the mom walking in from Walmart with new bikes and toys and shit for the kids, having to climb over a pile of bikes and toys and shit for the kids already in the garage... pretty sure she has a genuine mental illness.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 10:10:59 AM »
That family is pretty messed up. Their 18-year-old daughter died of an overdose. Not much about how they live their lives can be considered healthy or pro-social.

celticmyst08

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 10:47:33 AM »
I thought that documentary was absolutely heartbreaking. I have rarely felt as intensely uncomfortable as I did when watching it.

druth

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 09:37:38 AM »
It's been 8 years since construction stopped.  It seems just sad that she is walking around saying "this is the bowling alley" *points to empty framing* "this is the ice rink" *points to empty framing*.  Clearly delusional.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »
It's been 8 years since construction stopped.  It seems just sad that she is walking around saying "this is the bowling alley" *points to empty framing* "this is the ice rink" *points to empty framing*.  Clearly delusional.
They resumed construction in 2013 and may finish next year, but yeah... she's a headcase for sure.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 09:55:21 AM »
I just don't understand the volume purchases versus quality purchases.

Buy a WalMart bike multiple times (I did that a couple of times b/c they just didn't last) or buy one good bike from the local bike store for a little more that lasts and lasts.

I guess it feeds the urge to shop.

I'd rather have a modest lifestyle and quality things that we had time to enjoy than what that family chooses.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!