Author Topic: Presidential election to pass $2B fundraising mark  (Read 2297 times)

savingtofreedom

• Stubble
Presidential election to pass $2B fundraising mark
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:18:26 PM »
As a die hard Democrat this still makes me wince - stupid PACs - what a difference this money could have made if it was spent to help out this country.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57540781/presidential-election-to-pass-$2b-fundraising-mark/

zhelud

• Stubble
Re: Presidential election to pass $2B fundraising mark
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:18:30 AM »
If everybody in the various "swing states" would just vote early, the campaigns wouldn't have anybody left to advertise to. Maybe they would take all the money they have left and donate it to charity! (yeah right)
I do realize that not every state has early voting, but it does seem to be catching on as a way to give voters greater convenience and reduce costs. I was able to vote in my district in VA almost 3 weeks ago.

Angelfishtitan

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:18:19 AM »
The worst part is that money and advertising actually make a difference. The fact that people seem incapable of doing their own research and forming their own opinions is what makes election season so annoying, and I don't even watch TV!

unitsinc

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
The worst part is that money and advertising actually make a difference. The fact that people seem incapable of doing their own research and forming their own opinions is what makes election season so annoying, and I don't even watch TV!

It's like mud slinging. Everyone I know says that they dislike it, but I find it hard to believe that if it weren't effective it wouldn't be done so often.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!