Author Topic: Personal groomers  (Read 4027 times)

marty998

• Walrus Stache
Personal groomers
« on: November 07, 2015, 03:15:10 PM »
Was relayed a story about a neighbour yesterday.

She's been doing 'really well' saving money by not smoking as much. Ok I thought, this sounds promising.

She'd saved up a little bit of money and decided to treat herself. Hired a 'Personal Groomer' to update her wardrobe. The PG costs $165 an hour with a minimum 3 hour charge.

The lady and the PG headed down to the local mall to look for outfits. $2,000 lighter at the end of the day. I think that was rent money but oh well.

Now I would understand if this was a corporate wardrobe for a general manager / executive. But it's not. She's always been unemployed/unemployable and is a SAHM to high school age children. Doesn't really do much each day besides sit on the balcony of her house having a ciggie. One wonders what her partner thinks of it all.

I just nodded politely and said 'we all need to let loose once in a while'. I don't smirk at these things anymore, I just find it really depressing that when faced with a choice, people just continue to choose the shithouse one.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Personal groomers
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 05:47:04 PM »
I spent $100 on 50 black t-shirts (to get free shipping) so I don't need to go clothes shopping for another decade

thingamabobs

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 08:31:05 PM »
seriously? just call up a friend and head down to the mall. Save the $165/hr. On the other hand... that might be a good side gig for me...

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 01:09:02 AM »
I thought this was going to be a discussion of the small nose-hair-trimmer kind of device, and its merits versus the straight razor or the disposable Bic.

steviesterno

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 05:42:31 AM »
I spent $100 on 50 black t-shirts (to get free shipping) so I don't need to go clothes shopping for another decade

where did you order those from? Sounds like something I need to jump on, too

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 06:10:28 AM »
I thought this was going to be a discussion of the small nose-hair-trimmer kind of device, and its merits versus the straight razor or the disposable Bic.

I bought one of those, but I don't like it. My wife can give me a closer trim with a bright light and a scissors.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 07:17:49 AM »
Man up and go with tweezers.  Nothing gets a closer nose hair trim than tweezers.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 07:49:52 AM »

nobodyspecial would be willing to assist you with locating perfect black t-shirts for a special consulting rate of just $165/hr.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 08:48:30 AM »

nobodyspecial would be willing to assist you with locating perfect black t-shirts for a special consulting rate of just $165/hr.

WHAT! No MMM Discount?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!