Author Topic: Payment Holiday  (Read 2861 times)

Fu Mainechu

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Payment Holiday
« on: April 19, 2014, 07:21:27 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 08:25:29 AM by Fu Mainechu »

fantabulous

• Bristles
    • My Crappy Little Blog
Re: Payment Holiday
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:03:46 PM »
I get these offers from time to time from my credit union. Something I of course don't take advantage of so that I don't get taken further advantage of.

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 01:32:13 PM »
And I thought those "write a check from your credit card" things that come in the bill were a horrible idea! 

This is worse. 

joleran

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 02:17:36 PM »
And I thought those "write a check from your credit card" things that come in the bill were a horrible idea! 

This is worse.

When you have a 2% fee on those and a year+ of 0% APR, it's actually pretty nice leverage if your limit is like $30k.  That's way less than a HELOC, albeit with a definite time you need to pay it back before it becomes much worse.  The investing climate isn't like it was when you could take that 2% offer and put it in a 5% interest savings account, but you might have something that makes it close to no-brainer free money, assuming you can be responsible with it.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 04:41:52 PM »
I used to get these in the mail when I was 18 and fresh out on my own with my first credit card. It confused the hell out of me. They always coincided with something like back-to-school or Christmas and said something like "We know school's expensive, so feel free to take a break and skip a payment on your credit card this month! Interest will still accumulate."