Author Topic: Overheard over the fence (Antimustachian neighbours)  (Read 508037 times)

honeybbq

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Overheard over the fence (Antimustachian neighbours)
« Reply #500 on: January 23, 2018, 12:03:09 PM »
Neighbour told me about the great financing she got on her new solar panels :-/

Hmmm. This could actually be ok depending on what it is. We have a big roof and listened to the spiel about solar panels where you lease them back the electricity generated and it pays the fees (so financing, in a way, with no cost other than letting them use your roof). Then once the 'payment' was up then the solar power generated would be deducted/credited to your account. So more like indenture servitude....

Or you could buy them outright for 30k or so.

Jouer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #501 on: January 23, 2018, 12:32:43 PM »
We've had a couple of 38, 39 degree days lately.

I got home one day last week to find a neighbour and his toddler taking out the garbage. Both were wearing hoodies.

Me: Hey, aren't you guys a bit warm?
Neighbour: We have the air-con on inside.

How bloody cold do you have it that you need a hoodie?

I have friends who use their HVAC so much I have to wear a t-shirt when I visit in winter and a long-sleeve when I visit in summer. They complain about their electricity bill. Wife and I laugh.

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
« Reply #502 on: January 24, 2018, 01:14:19 PM »

There are some awesome financing deals out there for roof top solar. My deal is two years interest free, no repayments, $150 in fees. The free power generated during those two years combined with two years investment returns, equates to a 30% discount vs just 3% cash discount one could negotiate with the installer.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #503 on: January 24, 2018, 01:21:13 PM »

There are some awesome financing deals out there for roof top solar. My deal is two years interest free, no repayments, $150 in fees. The free power generated during those two years combined with two years investment returns, equates to a 30% discount vs just 3% cash discount one could negotiate with the installer.

Yes but gooki... New Zealand is light years in front of the basket case that is the Australian energy market.

When our Federal Treasurer proclaims loud and clear that "COAL IS GOOD FOR HUMANITY" you can bet there isn't going to be any incentive given towards renewables.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #504 on: January 24, 2018, 06:43:44 PM »
It's been colder than usual around here lately. My neighbor a few houses down has been idling his big truck (F-250 or similar) for over a half hour now this morning...

I was thinking about this forum last week when we let my brother's very large diesel pickup idle all night for 6 nights in a row! The first few nights it was because if temperatures dropped as expected it wouldn't start in the morning. We were out in the middle of nowhere with no plug in. After the first couple nights it warmed up and we let it idle so we could dry all the snow covered outwear hanging in the cab enough that it would keep us dry and warm the following day.

Well worth the cost since diesels burn very little while idling. What was more frustrating to my brother was having to drive 45 min each way to the nearest fuel station!

The frugal part was that we didn't spend $175 per person per night (including food) to get a room in the nearby camp. We made our own little winter camping setup instead.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #505 on: January 24, 2018, 11:34:11 PM »
It's been colder than usual around here lately. My neighbor a few houses down has been idling his big truck (F-250 or similar) for over a half hour now this morning...

I was thinking about this forum last week when we let my brother's very large diesel pickup idle all night for 6 nights in a row! The first few nights it was because if temperatures dropped as expected it wouldn't start in the morning. We were out in the middle of nowhere with no plug in. After the first couple nights it warmed up and we let it idle so we could dry all the snow covered outwear hanging in the cab enough that it would keep us dry and warm the following day.

Well worth the cost since diesels burn very little while idling. What was more frustrating to my brother was having to drive 45 min each way to the nearest fuel station!

The frugal part was that we didn't spend $175 per person per night (including food) to get a room in the nearby camp. We made our own little winter camping setup instead.

Maybe someone will finally invent a sweater for your truck.  They already sell balls for your tuck

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
« Reply #506 on: January 25, 2018, 02:44:19 AM »
When our Federal Treasurer proclaims loud and clear that "COAL IS GOOD FOR HUMANITY" you can bet there isn't going to be any incentive given towards renewables.

Just to be clear there zero government incentive to go solar here in NZ. These interest free offers are purely market driven. The intent is to use the offer to encourage more debt and then catch buyers out after the interest free period and slap them with 25.99% interest.

It's my mustachian responsibility to ensure these lenders lose money when dealing with me.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #507 on: January 25, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »

Wait a sec, I thought they'd fixed the cold weather non-start issues, except for REALLY cold weather. Like -20F cold. How cold was it? I used to have a diesel, and I looked into it before I bought it.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #508 on: January 25, 2018, 11:59:28 PM »

Wait a sec, I thought they'd fixed the cold weather non-start issues, except for REALLY cold weather. Like -20F cold. How cold was it? I used to have a diesel, and I looked into it before I bought it.

It was -30C the first night, a little warmer the other nights

He said it would be fine down to -15C, after that it's hit or miss.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #509 on: January 26, 2018, 12:10:18 AM »

I'm ignoring the environmental effect for the moment to say I bow down to your badassity. I'm a Californian and I can't even imagine those temps, let alone recreating in the out of doors in those numbers. Crazy!

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #510 on: January 26, 2018, 12:17:00 AM »

I'm ignoring the environmental effect for the moment to say I bow down to your badassity. I'm a Californian and I can't even imagine those temps, let alone recreating in the out of doors in those numbers. Crazy!

I hadn't done it before and was a little nervous, but it was quite fun. He's insulated a 5th wheel utility trailer and put a wall across the middle to separate the snowmobiles and the 'living area'. It was tiny and heated up very fast with a propane heater. At night we slept 3 adults and 2 dogs on the top part of the trailer and we kept it warm all night just with body heat (after turning the heater on for a few min before bed). Except the first night when we forgot to close the roof vent and woke up with a layer of frost over everything and the coffee pot frozen.

As for the environmental cost idling the truck all night (and night that far north was 4:30pm to 9:30am, though to be fair the truck wasn't always idling until 8 or 9pm) was less than $10 worth of diesel (according to brother).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 12:18:34 AM by Cookie78 »

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #511 on: January 26, 2018, 08:02:54 AM »
As for the environmental cost idling the truck all night (and night that far north was 4:30pm to 9:30am, though to be fair the truck wasn't always idling until 8 or 9pm) was less than $10 worth of diesel (according to brother).
You can drive 140 miles on $10 of gas in a modern Honda Fit... We averaged $10/week in gas last year and we drive a sports can that takes premium fuel.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #512 on: January 26, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »
You can drive 140 miles on $10 of gas in a modern Honda Fit... We averaged $10/week in gas last year and we drive a sports can that takes premium fuel.

Nice. But how much fuel does it cost to idle for 12 hours? :p jk

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #513 on: January 26, 2018, 11:13:31 AM »

Well now I'm curious... According to this a 2L compact sedan uses 0.16 gallons/hour. At current average gas prices that works out to about $5 for 12 hours of idling. Unfortunately that resource doesn't have Class 1-3 diesel trucks listed.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #514 on: January 26, 2018, 11:47:42 AM »

Well now I'm curious... According to this a 2L compact sedan uses 0.16 gallons/hour. At current average gas prices that works out to about $5 for 12 hours of idling. Unfortunately that resource doesn't have Class 1-3 diesel trucks listed.

Now I'm curious too. He was paying $1.24CAD per litre for gas. What is that compared to the measurement you used? Presumably US$/gallon?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:49:49 AM by Cookie78 »

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #515 on: January 26, 2018, 12:42:44 PM »

Now I'm curious too. He was paying $1.24CAD per litre for gas. What is that compared to the measurement you used? Presumably US$/gallon?

I used the national averages from here:
http://gasprices.aaa.com/

$2.571USD/gal for regular. That works out to $0.84CAD/litre. According to the same site diesel is about 15% more expensive than regular in the US currently.

Prairie Stash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #516 on: January 26, 2018, 03:43:45 PM »

There's always been a fix, use a block heater. We used a propane block heater on the diesels growing up, no electricity required. If you park for 4 days, then want it to start, you can fire up the heater, wait a bit for everything to warm up and then start your machine. Essentially the same as what you did except you only need to start the night before you want to drive (and less fuel).

Unfortunately its not free, you have to balance how often you'll actually use it vs. the cost of installing it. Its a great deal though if you want the extra insurance that your vehicle will always start; even if the temperature drops. I think the coldest we hit was -40C (which is -40F), normally we tried to avoid working past that since fuel lines gel. The propane cuts down on run time so it extends motor life as well.

Nowadays you can just have diesel heaters as well. Sips from the fuel tank as needed but its independent of the motor so the worry about a non-start is gone.

MMM forum, where even the smallest expense can be minimized further.

RidetheRain

• Bristles
« Reply #517 on: January 26, 2018, 05:21:57 PM »
My neighbor always has cold air blowing out of their door (70F outside temp) which is open at all times so their dog can wander in and out as it pleases.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #518 on: January 26, 2018, 07:58:40 PM »

There's always been a fix, use a block heater. We used a propane block heater on the diesels growing up, no electricity required. If you park for 4 days, then want it to start, you can fire up the heater, wait a bit for everything to warm up and then start your machine. Essentially the same as what you did except you only need to start the night before you want to drive (and less fuel).

Unfortunately its not free, you have to balance how often you'll actually use it vs. the cost of installing it. Its a great deal though if you want the extra insurance that your vehicle will always start; even if the temperature drops. I think the coldest we hit was -40C (which is -40F), normally we tried to avoid working past that since fuel lines gel. The propane cuts down on run time so it extends motor life as well.

Nowadays you can just have diesel heaters as well. Sips from the fuel tank as needed but its independent of the motor so the worry about a non-start is gone.

Great ideas. :) We only were out 6 nights and it may not have been worth the purchase, but it's certainly interesting info. I didn't think of non-electric block heaters! We already had propane tanks too. We drove each day (hunting) so would have had to use it each morning.

Do you remember how long it took to warm up? A few days ago at home he forgot to plug the block heater in overnight and it took 4 hours to warm it up enough to start.

$2.571USD/gal for regular. That works out to $0.84CAD/litre. According to the same site diesel is about 15% more expensive than regular in the US currently.

Wow, dense moment of my part. I only looked at the gas prices ($1.24) when we filled up, not diesel. I don't actually know what the price of diesel was.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #519 on: January 26, 2018, 08:16:48 PM »

Wow, dense moment of my part. I only looked at the gas prices ($1.24) when we filled up, not diesel. I don't actually know what the price of diesel was.

Looks like $1.27CAD/litre for diesel and $1.37CAD/litre for gasoline are the averages in Canada.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #520 on: January 26, 2018, 08:29:48 PM »

Looks like $1.27CAD/litre for diesel and $1.37CAD/litre for gasoline are the averages in Canada.

I just asked my brother, he said $1.43/L
Everything is more expensive in the north.

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #521 on: January 27, 2018, 09:30:13 PM »

I just asked my brother, he said $1.43/L
Everything is more expensive in the north.

Just in case you're interested, $2.12/L in NZ. In NZ $.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #522 on: January 28, 2018, 12:12:26 PM »

My grandfather told me that way back when folks up north would build a small wood/coal fire under their Model T to warm the engine and make it easier to start.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #523 on: January 28, 2018, 07:23:07 PM »

My grandfather told me that way back when folks up north would build a small wood/coal fire under their Model T to warm the engine and make it easier to start.

I did this with my Model S once, do not reccomend

Prairie Stash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #524 on: January 29, 2018, 09:00:03 AM »
Great ideas. :) We only were out 6 nights and it may not have been worth the purchase, but it's certainly interesting info. I didn't think of non-electric block heaters! We already had propane tanks too. We drove each day (hunting) so would have had to use it each morning.
Propane block heaters (or diesel heaters) work similar to electric. You can get them oversize to heat faster, but it still takes time to transfer the heat to the large cold block of metal. Follow the same steps as an electric heater that you're use to. Propane is cheaper to heat with than diesel, but then you need to attach propane (don't forget to fill the tanks).

Its more of an insurance/safety feature. If its too cold to start the motor you can turn on the block heater, wait, then you're fine.

We tried open wood fire before, its hard (doing repair work out in the forest). You need to keep the flame small so it doesn't burn anything important, but keep the fire hot enough to do something useful. I don't recommend trying it until all other options are exhausted. The people who do it regularly probably kept it in stoves, to keep the flames contained. Pretty much just switching from propane to wood heaters, same idea, different fuel source.

formerlydivorcedmom

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #525 on: January 30, 2018, 12:12:38 PM »
Back on topic....

One of my neighbors always goes overboard on decorating his yard for Christmas.  This year, there was a contest between him and two other families to see who could have the "best" yard, where "best" appeared to have been defined as "visible from space".

I found out last night that the "winner" spent $5,000 buying his outside Christmas decorations this year.  I love decorating for Christmas and have been collecting things for 30-odd years...and I don't think that, combined, I've spent $5k on it all.

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #526 on: January 31, 2018, 10:37:44 AM »
Back on topic....

One of my neighbors always goes overboard on decorating his yard for Christmas.  This year, there was a contest between him and two other families to see who could have the "best" yard, where "best" appeared to have been defined as "visible from space".

I found out last night that the "winner" spent $5,000 buying his outside Christmas decorations this year.  I love decorating for Christmas and have been collecting things for 30-odd years...and I don't think that, combined, I've spent $5k on it all.

OMG, that's nuts. We "won" our community light contest this year. We add a couple new decorations each year, nothing major. We splurged on the wire unicorn from Target, yes I am hanging my head in shame...but my teenager surprised my daughter (5) with it after clearing the purchase with me first and she was over the moon. Anyway, the thing that pushed us over the edge was 19 strings of LED lights my boss gave me because they decided not to decorate anymore. Our "theme" (ha) was definitely less cohesive than the neighbors across the street who went all out with inflatables tying into a santa's workshop/north pole theme, but ours was a TON cheaper. Driving through our neighborhood at Christmas is interesting; the easy but expensive inflatables are everywhere.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #527 on: January 31, 2018, 10:49:59 AM »
Oh man, Christmas decorating nonsense.  My neighbors were pretty bad about that this year.

My favorite/least favorite was one that had an odd mix of inflatable nonsense and lit up nonsense simultaneously declaring "JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON" and having Santa, reindeer, and snowmen bullshit.  Pick a side, sheesh.

One of my dogs started barking like crazy at an inflatable Santa the first time she saw it.  Good dog.

Kashmani

• Stubble
« Reply #528 on: January 31, 2018, 11:02:17 AM »

As a Canadian prairie dweller, I have to take issue with someone describing -20F as "REALLY cold". We call this a pleasant winter day. My kids' elementary school has a rule that when the temperature drops to less than -30C (-22F), recess is indoors instead of outdoors.

OK, we just to like to brag how tough we are. I actually hate winter...

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #529 on: January 31, 2018, 11:38:51 AM »

I met a guy who used to fly a small plane very far north and in the winter said after he would land it and shut down the engine, he had to drain all the oil from the engine while it was still warm so it didn't freeze.  They would then put the pot of oil on a fire for the night and pour it back in the plane in the morning while very hot, then they had a couple min to get the plane started again or drain the oil and get it hot again and start over.

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #530 on: January 31, 2018, 11:49:07 AM »

As a Canadian prairie dweller, I have to take issue with someone describing -20F as "REALLY cold". We call this a pleasant winter day. My kids' elementary school has a rule that when the temperature drops to less than -30C (-22F), recess is indoors instead of outdoors.

OK, we just to like to brag how tough we are. I actually hate winter...

In Northern Norway, the kids can decide to stay at home if the temperature gets below -38, because that is too cold for the school bus. But those who live within reasonable distances, are expected to walk to school instead.

Idling cars is illegal on our side of the pond. You either use block heaters, or get an EV.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #531 on: February 01, 2018, 10:27:19 PM »
Neighbour told me I should buy a 4WD because then if I'm out and about and need to change my baby's nappy, I can do it in the boot. I have no words for this madness.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #532 on: February 01, 2018, 11:47:56 PM »
Neighbour told me I should buy a 4WD because then if I'm out and about and need to change my baby's nappy, I can do it in the boot. I have no words for this madness.

Ha ha, surely a hatchback is safer because baby can't roll/ crawl out of the boot!

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #533 on: February 02, 2018, 12:39:42 PM »

I'm pregnant. Next person who asks me "Oh, so are you getting a car now?" gets a smack.

Uturn

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #534 on: February 02, 2018, 01:25:39 PM »
I'm pregnant. Next person who asks me "Oh, so are you getting a car now?" gets a smack.

Hmmm, getting smacked might not be seen as a deterrent. 

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #535 on: February 02, 2018, 01:56:20 PM »

Culture clash? By "smack", I mean "in the face and I hope I break their nose". Not a cutesy little spank.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #536 on: February 02, 2018, 09:41:09 PM »

Culture clash? By "smack", I mean "in the face and I hope I break their nose". Not a cutesy little spank.
"Smack" can also mean "kiss" in the US, although it's not super common.  If you kiss someone in the face and break their nose in the process, you're probably doing it wrong :P

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #537 on: February 02, 2018, 10:28:27 PM »

We were constantly told we needed a bigger car. It annoyed me. Then we tried to fit a carseat in our tiny car and... Yup. We had to buy a bigger car. SO UNIMPRESSED. At least nobody was silly enough to say "I told you so" to me.

bluebelle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #538 on: February 02, 2018, 10:55:19 PM »

"Smack" can also mean "kiss" in the US, although it's not super common.  If you kiss someone in the face and break their nose in the process, you're probably doing it wrong :P
huh?  I know Canada speaks a different english than the US, but I've never heard "smack" mean kiss..."smooch" yes, "smack", never.  The closest is the expression of 'smacking your lips' within the context of eating or tasting.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #539 on: February 02, 2018, 11:09:46 PM »

huh?  I know Canada speaks a different english than the US, but I've never heard "smack" mean kiss..."smooch" yes, "smack", never.  The closest is the expression of 'smacking your lips' within the context of eating or tasting.
A smack on the lips means a kiss. Just because you haven't heard it doesn't make it any less real. Isn't English a fascinating language?

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #540 on: February 03, 2018, 08:21:50 AM »

A smack on the lips means a kiss. Just because you haven't heard it doesn't make it any less real. Isn't English a fascinating language?

Confirmed. I've heard "smack" used to reference a kiss.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #541 on: February 03, 2018, 05:02:42 PM »

You really shouldn't be smacking anyone in your condition

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #542 on: February 04, 2018, 10:20:56 AM »
Oh man, Christmas decorating nonsense.  My neighbors were pretty bad about that this year.

My favorite/least favorite was one that had an odd mix of inflatable nonsense and lit up nonsense simultaneously declaring "JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON" and having Santa, reindeer, and snowmen bullshit.  Pick a side, sheesh.

One of my dogs started barking like crazy at an inflatable Santa the first time she saw it.  Good dog.

Every Christmas I have a fantasy idea to get several 2nd place awards printed for our subdivisions Christmas decorations committee. (there is no such thing)
 Then secretly give the awards to everyone with decorations. I'm sure this will spur a few to up their game next year.
The next year I'll add a note with the 2nd place award, The (subdivsion) Decorations Committe really had a tough time this year, picking from all the great decorations, if you didn't win, maybe next year is your year! Congatulations on your 2nd place award.
 But I haven't done it, yet!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #543 on: February 04, 2018, 01:14:38 PM »

Every Christmas I have a fantasy idea to get several 2nd place awards printed for our subdivisions Christmas decorations committee. (there is no such thing)
 Then secretly give the awards to everyone with decorations. I'm sure this will spur a few to up their game next year.
The next year I'll add a note with the 2nd place award, The (subdivsion) Decorations Committe really had a tough time this year, picking from all the great decorations, if you didn't win, maybe next year is your year! Congatulations on your 2nd place award.
 But I haven't done it, yet!

Please, please do this and report back!

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #544 on: February 05, 2018, 09:57:13 AM »
Had a chat with my neighbor who lives across from me this weekend.  We (when I was married) used to hang out with them on weekends, but soon discovered they are both alcoholics who fight like crazy and have opinions which differ from mine greatly, so we quit that.  She works in a grocer, he stays home and drinks.  He came over complaining about his giant tree and how expensive it is to have trimmed and how he needs to have the roof replaced but that costs too much too (never mind the fact that his tree put a hole in his roof from rubbing during Irma) so it'll have to wait.  But, did I know Elton John is coming to Orlando and they got front-row seats for the concert and a hotel room for the night?  And that there's a couple other concerts they'll be going to as well?  But never mind that the tree in question has some heavy branches dangling and that a good gust could send them sailing, possibly in my direction.  I did offer to hire someone to take care of those on my dime, to save my own home from damage, but the offer was refused.  But as long as they have booze and concerts to go to, I guess that's what's really important.

Dragonswan

• Bristles
« Reply #545 on: February 05, 2018, 10:43:11 AM »
Had a chat with my neighbor who lives across from me this weekend.  We (when I was married) used to hang out with them on weekends, but soon discovered they are both alcoholics who fight like crazy and have opinions which differ from mine greatly, so we quit that.  She works in a grocer, he stays home and drinks.  He came over complaining about his giant tree and how expensive it is to have trimmed and how he needs to have the roof replaced but that costs too much too (never mind the fact that his tree put a hole in his roof from rubbing during Irma) so it'll have to wait.  But, did I know Elton John is coming to Orlando and they got front-row seats for the concert and a hotel room for the night?  And that there's a couple other concerts they'll be going to as well?  But never mind that the tree in question has some heavy branches dangling and that a good gust could send them sailing, possibly in my direction.  I did offer to hire someone to take care of those on my dime, to save my own home from damage, but the offer was refused.  But as long as they have booze and concerts to go to, I guess that's what's really important.
On YOUR dime and they REFUSED?  I'm speechless.  Please come be my neighbor.

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #546 on: February 05, 2018, 11:37:22 AM »
On YOUR dime and they REFUSED?  I'm speechless.  Please come be my neighbor.

Insane, right?  With most of my neighbors, we're a help each other group but a few of them just don't give a crap about their homes and these folks are a good example of that.  I offered to pay, because I know that if we get a tropical storm or hurricane those limbs are going to go flying, either into my home/car or a neighbors home/car and I don't want to deal with that if they decide to fly my way.  I get stressed about storms enough without having to worry about something else that could easily be taken care of.

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #547 on: February 05, 2018, 11:47:59 PM »
Sitting in the antenatal waiting room at the hospital, I overhear two men chatting about their very pregnant wives:
Man 1: Looks like she's due any day, huh?
Man 2: Yeah, due next week. Hoping it doesn't come early cause they won't let you home without a car seat and I don't get paid til Friday, so if she's in this week she'll be waiting here til the weekend to come home!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #548 on: February 06, 2018, 12:14:01 AM »
Sitting in the antenatal waiting room at the hospital, I overhear two men chatting about their very pregnant wives:
Man 2: Yeah, due next week. Hoping it doesn't come early cause they won't let you home without a car seat and I don't get paid til Friday, so if she's in this week she'll be waiting here til the weekend to come home!

Right.. they had almost 9 months to prepare for the baby to come and they haven't bought or second-hand received a baby car seat.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #549 on: February 06, 2018, 08:16:21 AM »

And I hope the baby only poops every other day 'cause we can't afford to buy too many diapers...