Author Topic: Overheard on Facebook  (Read 6088786 times)

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
Re: Overheard on Facebook
« Reply #6750 on: October 19, 2017, 02:56:46 PM »
I just looked on zillow for >7000sqft and the first things that came up where a marina warehouse with a studio apartment and a church.   Zooming out I found some really nice looking huge houses, one has been on zillow for almost 1000 days.  I dont know how many hours per month you would have to spend dealing with contractors just for upkeep but even ignoring the money side it seems a huge house would be a lot of work; except for the marina warehouse - that could be fun :-)

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #6751 on: October 19, 2017, 06:46:33 PM »

When in doubt, work less.  At least I try to tell myself that.  Sometimes I make the mistake of thinking "if I work all of the hours allotted in my contract, we can send wife to school, pay for everything, and still max out retirement to the tune of $60K every year (self employed)".  While that would be nice, reality is I am a horrible person when I work too much.  So the solution is to work less.

I'm pretty shitty too, but my side business has grown to consume all my free time and I'm still not quite in the cash position to quit FT. I feel stuck.
She is actually staying across town right now, that's how bad it is. And I'm so spun up about shit that I can't sleep even when I do get it all done.

I second working less! Getting to the end faster isn't worth it if you don't get there with who you want to be with!!!

Are your side business clients demanding too much time?  Increase your rates.  Increase your rates until the demand decreases to the hours you want to work.

Seriously, if you have enough of a savings cushion to survive a bout of unemployment, don't lose your wife over this.  Even if you are in the red on the side gig for a while, there's nothing stopping you from getting another job if the side gig fails, right?

Shalamar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6752 on: October 20, 2017, 09:24:10 AM »
Seen on FB this morning - a co-worker friend, "Tracey", had proudly posted photos of her brand-new car.

Friend:  Wow, nice!
Tracey:  Yeah, I felt like treating myself.
Friend:  So, are you going to drive that bad boy down here and visit me?
Tracey:  No can do - I gotta work to pay for it!

The kicker is that Tracey is working two jobs (one in I.T., and a part-time gig as a grocery clerk).

AMandM

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6753 on: October 20, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »
I'm pretty shitty too, but my side business has grown to consume all my free time and I'm still not quite in the cash position to quit FT. I feel stuck.
She is actually staying across town right now, that's how bad it is. And I'm so spun up about shit that I can't sleep even when I do get it all done.

I am so sorry!
If the side gig is so busy, could quitting your ft job make room for the side gig to grow to enough to keep you afloat so you have time to give to your wife?  Alternatively, could you cut back on the side gig, just do the FT job, and have time for your marriage?  If it's a choice between retiring early and alone vs retiring later together....
Good luck. I really wish you and your wife the best.

squirrel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6754 on: October 21, 2017, 04:22:10 AM »
So a FB friend has just posted that he got "scammed" by a binary trading group for £2k following promises of gains around 160x higher than UK base rate.

Somehow he still managed to make it sound as if it was just his bad luck, like getting pooped on by a passing pigeon, instead of a combination of greed, bad judgement and lack of research. I sadly suspect that this was also most of his savings.

It's kind of sad. Also in our non FB life over a decade ago, I did teach him for a while, so I know that he would respect any suggestion offered and take it in the spirit it was meant, but I just haven't figured out how to deliver a gently corrective face punch yet!

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6755 on: October 21, 2017, 05:39:39 AM »
2k is actually quite a small price to pay for falling for these spruikers.

People tend to be out of pocket in the tens of thousands after paying for "courses" and "seminars" to learn the "secrets"

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #6756 on: October 22, 2017, 11:18:49 PM »
I just looked on zillow for >7000sqft and the first things that came up where a marina warehouse with a studio apartment and a church.   Zooming out I found some really nice looking huge houses, one has been on zillow for almost 1000 days.  I dont know how many hours per month you would have to spend dealing with contractors just for upkeep but even ignoring the money side it seems a huge house would be a lot of work; except for the marina warehouse - that could be fun :-)

The idea of a >9k sqft warehouse made me google a ride-on vaccum cleaner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5n1qvVdWc

honestly it looks pretty awesome

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #6757 on: October 22, 2017, 11:19:59 PM »
So a FB friend has just posted that he got "scammed" by a binary trading group for £2k following promises of gains around 160x higher than UK base rate.

Somehow he still managed to make it sound as if it was just his bad luck, like getting pooped on by a passing pigeon, instead of a combination of greed, bad judgement and lack of research. I sadly suspect that this was also most of his savings.

It's kind of sad. Also in our non FB life over a decade ago, I did teach him for a while, so I know that he would respect any suggestion offered and take it in the spirit it was meant, but I just haven't figured out how to deliver a gently corrective face punch yet!

"BINARY TRADING" is just gambling, right?

Playing with Fire UK

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6758 on: October 23, 2017, 12:17:38 AM »

It's gambling for amateurs, but a SURE FIRE WIN for professionals who have completed my premium training course and ELITE TRAINING PACKAGE. WORK FROM HOME!! EARN $10k PER DAY!!

It's a flavour of gambling where your losses can exceed your stake, so perfect for amateurs who click on Facebook ads.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6759 on: October 23, 2017, 12:53:38 AM »

It's gambling for amateurs, but a SURE FIRE WIN for professionals who have completed my premium training course and ELITE TRAINING PACKAGE. WORK FROM HOME!! EARN $10k PER DAY!!

That was very funny.  Best this week. Thanks.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #6760 on: October 23, 2017, 01:09:06 PM »

I am so sorry!
If the side gig is so busy, could quitting your ft job make room for the side gig to grow to enough to keep you afloat so you have time to give to your wife?  Alternatively, could you cut back on the side gig, just do the FT job, and have time for your marriage?  If it's a choice between retiring early and alone vs retiring later together....
Good luck. I really wish you and your wife the best.

Yes, that is the actual plan. It's just not paying me anything yet and I've been trying to maximize funds INTO it for the sake of future income. I have a deal in Jan that will net me the equivalent of 3 months' pay (not from the company, a seller-paid commission, as our buying agent) and I think I'm golden after that. Plan to quit FT by Xmas.

We are talking all the time and I think we're going to be OK. Just have to make it through the next couple of months.

Beard N Bones

• Stubble
« Reply #6761 on: October 25, 2017, 08:29:50 AM »
I woke up this morning to the following post on my Facebook feed.  I'm not going to post the picture the poster refers to - but the vehicle he is driving is a fairly new Hummer.  I found this whiny-pants-rant hard to understand and fathom.

Has anyone had any issues with the management of our local Canadian tire? I’ve had a issue with the manager when I had some rims and wheels bought and installed. Long story short, they couldn’t honour the 12 month payment plan I was offered so the manager called and screamed at me a day after me and the automotive manager worked out a deal. I went to talk to him and he demanded I pay up the $2800 on the spot. I don’t have the kinda money just laying around. So he called the police on me while I was in his office in Canadian tire. The police came and all she said this is a civil matter. Work it out or take it to court I can’t do anything. Finally me and the store manger work out a deal after 1.5 hours of him screaming at me, which was 4 Cheques each on a payday of $1000, $500, $500 and $787. These are steep payments I could barely make anyway but wanted this to just be over. Since then he has issued a small claim court order because he has only been around to receive one cheque, it is not my fault he is incredibly difficult to contact and never at the store. He has taken to court the full amount and has since cashed one of the Cheques too. I finally managed to see him today after almost ten attempts to contact him and gave him post dated Cheques which initially I didn’t want to do as he has given me many reasons to not trust him. He then kicked me out of Canadian tire and told me to never come back. He refused me a receipt for the first cheque and gave me photocopy’s of the 3 he received today.

Now on top of his incredibly rude behaviour he told my girlfriend while she was holding our daughter to “shut her mouth” and he boxed in my vehicle and denied it was his vehicles (photo attached). This has been going on since sept 19th when he called and screamed at me over phone. I contacted corporate some time ago and they promised to get back to me and never did. Frankly I am not impressed and Canadian tire is a place I shop frequently and him blacklisting me is stupid. He takes my money and is taking me to court. He gets his Cheques and then blacklists me?

I plan to contact cooperate again today. And the better Business Bureau. Has anyone else had issues with him? I am just not impressed with the grief he has cause me and my family over some tires I bought to keep my family safe over winter. It’s incredibly unprofessional and when he boxed in my vehicle my alarm went off which is how I noticed this. He denied it’s his vehicles until the very end of our talk. I have never seen my alarm go off randomly so I believe he attempted to enter it with force

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #6762 on: October 25, 2017, 09:10:34 AM »
BnB - on the one hand, buying crap like rims on credit puts you in this kind of situation.  On the other, if the story is true, the folks at the tire shop are the ones who screwed up big here.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6763 on: October 25, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »
Funny how some people always seem to be running into situations like this.

BDWW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6764 on: October 25, 2017, 10:16:54 AM »
I woke up this morning to the following post on my Facebook feed.  I'm not going to post the picture the poster refers to - but the vehicle he is driving is a fairly new Hummer.  I found this whiny-pants-rant hard to understand and fathom.

Has anyone had any issues with the management of our local Canadian tire? [snip]

Interesting that it got that far, does Canada not have mechanic's liens? Or perhaps they let him/her take it without payment at first?  In the US, generally if you don't pay you don't get your car back.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6765 on: October 25, 2017, 10:24:22 AM »
I think a lot hinges on "They couldn't honour the 12 month payment plan I was offered."

Does that mean the plan was mentioned, but the customer didn't qualify? Or was he given the plan, then they asked for additional payment.

I wish we could get the other side of this one.

Beard N Bones

• Stubble
« Reply #6766 on: October 25, 2017, 11:07:22 AM »

Has anyone had any issues with the management of our local Canadian tire? [snip]

Interesting that it got that far, does Canada not have mechanic's liens? Or perhaps they let him/her take it without payment at first?  In the US, generally if you don't pay you don't get your car back.

I have no idea if Canada has mechanic's liens - but I would suspect so.  I'd guess that both the tire shop messed up in their business with this guy, and this guy isn't telling the whole story.
I'll be honest, when I read "12 month payment plan", and "don't have that kinda money just laying around", and "These are steep payments I could barely make", and "its not my fault", and noticing the guy is riding around in a Hummer, I zoned out into gobbsmacked-and-bewildered-land. 

Roe

• Stubble
« Reply #6767 on: October 25, 2017, 11:27:50 AM »
... some tires I bought to keep my family safe over winter....

That poor hard working family man! I do hope that despite the burdening circumstances he manages to keep his family fed and well hydrated.

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
« Reply #6768 on: October 25, 2017, 10:33:45 PM »
His problem was trying to work out a deal. He'd already had the car/tires at home, and should have never gone back to that store, just kept paying per the agreement.

Playing with Fire UK

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6769 on: October 26, 2017, 12:58:49 AM »
Sounds to me like there was a sign for "12 month payment plans [subject to status]" for which our esteemed protagonist didn't qualify (because the system is against them), and didn't ask about prior to deciding whether to buy an extravagant purchase, to go with the ridiculous car. Our valiant, caring parent orders the wheels and rims that they cannot afford, without a care in the world, because the universe owes them and they deserve it. The mechanic asks to be paid for goods and services provided. Then carnage ensues.

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6770 on: October 26, 2017, 04:34:32 AM »
This is Canadian Tire we're talking about. It's a large corporation with stores the size of Walmart all throughout Canada. If they have a 12-month payment plan, it would have been through corporate and it would be a standard offer throughout all of their stores, likely with official paperwork that you have to sign. It wouldn't be a contract that you spit in your hand and shake on to seal the deal. If he was offered the 12-month payment plan, he could have just pulled out the official paperwork, scanned and emailed it to the manager. Something is very fishy with this situation. I don't think he's telling the whole story.

kaypinkHH

• Pencil Stache
    • My first Journal!
« Reply #6771 on: October 26, 2017, 05:14:22 AM »
I had to reread the original post about these tires to make sure it wasn't my BIL/SIL..but then I remember they don't have a hummer any more...but stuff like this "happens" to them ALL THE TIME. Some people have the worst luck. {Insert sarcasm font}.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #6772 on: October 26, 2017, 07:26:02 AM »
This is Canadian Tire we're talking about. It's a large corporation with stores the size of Walmart all throughout Canada. If they have a 12-month payment plan, it would have been through corporate and it would be a standard offer throughout all of their stores, likely with official paperwork that you have to sign. It wouldn't be a contract that you spit in your hand and shake on to seal the deal. If he was offered the 12-month payment plan, he could have just pulled out the official paperwork, scanned and emailed it to the manager. Something is very fishy with this situation. I don't think he's telling the whole story.

Yes, this.

vivophoenix

• Bristles
« Reply #6773 on: October 26, 2017, 08:48:04 AM »

Yes, this.

i know sometimes when buying cars the dealer will say you are qualified for a deal. then they will let you sign the papers and drive off. later you get a call saying you didn't qualify and you will get either no financing or worse terms

this literally occurred to me. but it didn't matter I was mid-rollover to a credit union with 1.7% APR.

i consulted a lawyer that said i could fight it because the paperwork was signed, but most people don't have these resources.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #6774 on: October 26, 2017, 09:10:29 AM »
$2800 for tires and wheels...

How many of us have (multiple) cars that are valued at less than his tires and wheels?

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6775 on: October 26, 2017, 09:16:00 AM »

Yes, this.

i know sometimes when buying cars the dealer will say you are qualified for a deal. then they will let you sign the papers and drive off. later you get a call saying you didn't qualify and you will get either no financing or worse terms

this literally occurred to me. but it didn't matter I was mid-rollover to a credit union with 1.7% APR.

i consulted a lawyer that said i could fight it because the paperwork was signed, but most people don't have these resources.

If this were the case, I doubt he would have worked something out with the automotive manager, who probably didn't have any authority to work anything out. It seems most likely that a 12 month plan was advertised, he didn't qualify, the mechanic said "maybe you can work something else out,"  ...no, I am way more interested in the facts behind the screaming and telling the woman to shut up.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6776 on: October 26, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »

How many of us have (multiple) cars that are valued at less than his tires and wheels?

I've purchased two vehicle for less ($2,400 and $1,500), though I sold them over a decade ago now. If KBB is to be believed our current 2005 Legacy is worth ~$1,900 (private party).

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6777 on: October 26, 2017, 09:36:45 AM »

Yup, both of my vehicles are under $2800.

penguintroopers

• Bristles
« Reply #6778 on: October 26, 2017, 11:11:38 AM »

1 of our 2 vehicles.

The second one could easily be had for two sets of his tires and wheels.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6779 on: October 26, 2017, 12:26:35 PM »

My current car is worth less than that.  The combined purchase price of my last three cars is less than that ($1000+$700+$1000).  That's truly insane for tires/wheels.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6780 on: October 26, 2017, 04:20:08 PM »
Today on the local swap page:

"Room in my (soon) new condo for rent! Lovely townhouse, utilities included, spacious bedroom, only $1850/ month!"

For a ROOM in a condo.  Not the condo.

(FWIW, a room in a shared house/ townhouse/ condo current market rate is about $1000).

Somebody overbought.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6781 on: October 26, 2017, 07:41:27 PM »
....Canadian tire is a place I shop frequently...

Everyone else has addressed the inanity of the hummer, the rims and the payment plan, but I had to question this.

Why would on earth would he need to shop there frequently? >.<

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6782 on: October 26, 2017, 07:50:05 PM »

Everyone else has addressed the inanity of the hummer, the rims and the payment plan, but I had to question this.

I assumed that he upgrades the car frequently, and the upgraded car needs the upgraded tires and rims.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #6783 on: October 26, 2017, 07:50:29 PM »

They sell everything: houseware, hardware, toys, auto parts, outdoor/camping gear...

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #6784 on: October 26, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »

Everyone who can, shops there frequently. Canadian Tire is what would happen if an auto parts store, a hardware store, and a department store had fabulous three-way sex and produced a love child.

They don't carry clothing or building supplies, but they've got housewares, sporting goods, paint, furniture, small appliances, tools, toys, and even some electronics. Quality-wise it's not an elite place to shop-- it is a big box store-- but it's not the bargain basement either. Their prices are generally fair and the value for the dollar is good especially with their loss leaders. They don't sell junk that's designed to fall apart, they don't use bait-and-switch tactics when they're having a sale, and their return policy is fair. The staff is paid fairly and so people tend to be competent. In fact, Canadian Tire is one of the reasons Wal-Mart didn't get a significant economic toehold in many parts of Canada. They successfully outcompeted Wal-Mart by not sucking.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6785 on: October 26, 2017, 09:44:15 PM »
I assumed that he upgrades the car frequently, and the upgraded car needs the upgraded tires and rims.

That's what I suspected but it turns out we're both wrong.

They sell everything: houseware, hardware, toys, auto parts, outdoor/camping gear...

TIL!

Our tyre shops sell tyres. How incredibly narrow of them. :D

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6786 on: October 26, 2017, 10:03:19 PM »

That's what I suspected but it turns out we're both wrong.

TIL!

Our tyre shops sell tyres. How incredibly narrow of them. :D

Amazing what cultural tidbits one can pick up here!

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #6787 on: October 26, 2017, 10:29:43 PM »
Generally I go to Canadian Tire for toilet parts and bike accessories.

They used to be really aggressive and deceptive with their credit cards. I've known a number of people who thought they were signing up for a loyalty program, only to have a credit card show up in the mail a few weeks later. They seem to have stopped doing that now.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6788 on: October 27, 2017, 12:28:56 AM »

One year, Canadian Tire was my #1 retailer where I spent the most money that year according to Mint.

They sell household goods, cleaning supplies, patio furniture, garbage cans, hardware, lighting, repair vehicles, sell camping supplies and kayaks (lower grade, but still), gardening plants and supplies, and car parts / car maintenance.... as well as tires.    I don't think I have purchased tires there... maybe ever?   and I avoid the car mechanics unless it is 3pm on Sunday and I need a new alternator or battery or vehicle inspection before monday at 10am....

kaypinkHH

• Pencil Stache
    • My first Journal!
« Reply #6789 on: October 27, 2017, 05:29:06 AM »
Lol, reading this whole thing as a Canadian made me chuckle, of COURSE with a name like Canadian Tire, you would assume it only sells tires if you didn't know. We do things strangely up here in the north.

Also, there is Canadian Tire Money. It is a legit thing. Google it. (Fine I'll google it for you)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Tire_money

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #6790 on: October 27, 2017, 07:52:05 AM »
Lol, reading this whole thing as a Canadian made me chuckle, of COURSE with a name like Canadian Tire, you would assume it only sells tires if you didn't know. We do things strangely up here in the north.

Also, there is Canadian Tire Money. It is a legit thing. Google it. (Fine I'll google it for you)

I think this is the best part of the Wikipedia article:
Some privately owned businesses in Canada accept CTM as payment (see history below), since the owners of many such businesses shop at Canadian Tire.
Along with all of "Usage beyond Canadian Tire"

This forum teaches me so many new things!

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6791 on: October 27, 2017, 09:29:42 AM »
re Canadian Tire:  wow I was picturing some type of Pep Boys not Walmart. 

re Hummer guy: I have a strong feeling we are not hearing the entire story.  But also that CT is not without fault here.

Many many years ago I got banned from doing business with several car rental companies over a miscommunication.  When I rented the car they said I could do XYZ to return it; I understood XYZ to mean ABC where the they thought XYZ meant DEF.  When I brought the car back they were like "what the hell are you doing!" and I was like "ABC - duh" and they were like "I said you had to do DEF!".  So I get banned.  And over the years the different companies have merged and shared databases so I now keep a list of companies I can rent from.  It is rather a pain and I do get the motivation to try to get off the banned lists but this motivation quickly fades.  There are several chains I can rent from so meh. 

This with some other events have tough me to be very careful when talking to non-technical people as I naturally take things more literally than they may have been intended. 
them: "if you do X you have the choice to do Y"
me: "then I will do X but not Y"
them: "no you cant do that"
me: "...?"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:31:38 AM by AlanStache »

druth

• Bristles
« Reply #6792 on: October 27, 2017, 09:50:31 AM »

Many many years ago I got banned from doing business with several car rental companies over a miscommunication.  When I rented the car they said I could do XYZ to return it; I understood XYZ to mean ABC where the they thought XYZ meant DEF.  When I brought the car back they were like "what the hell are you doing!" and I was like "ABC - duh" and they were like "I said you had to do DEF!".  So I get banned.  And over the years the different companies have merged and shared databases so I now keep a list of companies I can rent from.  It is rather a pain and I do get the motivation to try to get off the banned lists but this motivation quickly fades.  There are several chains I can rent from so meh. 

I really want to know what ABC was.

Imustacheyouaquestion

• Bristles
« Reply #6793 on: October 27, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »

ChipmunkSavings

• Stubble
« Reply #6794 on: October 27, 2017, 12:25:48 PM »

They used to be really aggressive and deceptive with their credit cards. I've known a number of people who thought they were signing up for a loyalty program, only to have a credit card show up in the mail a few weeks later. They seem to have stopped doing that now.

I have had assignments where I had to assess if they correctly displayed the credit card as credit, and not a loyalty card. Corporate is definitely making an effort on that end, although I don't know if that goes into the training of the reps. They use other means to convince you to sign-up though...

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6795 on: October 27, 2017, 12:52:31 PM »

I think this is the best part of the Wikipedia article:
Some privately owned businesses in Canada accept CTM as payment (see history below), since the owners of many such businesses shop at Canadian Tire.
Along with all of "Usage beyond Canadian Tire"

This forum teaches me so many new things!
So I knew there was this bizarre Canadian currency called CTM that could be used at retailers other than Canadian Tire. But I always wondered why people were buying tires often enough to have so much of this currency lying around. It all makes sense now!

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6796 on: October 27, 2017, 12:54:23 PM »

Good to know. Sounds kind of like what happened to "Burlington Coat Factory" in the States, which eventually just got shortened down to "Burlington" after years of ads reminding us they sold way more than just coats. I suppose renaming the "Canadian Tire" stores to simply "Canadian" would be much to ask the shopping public to accept.

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #6797 on: October 27, 2017, 01:02:44 PM »

Good to know. Sounds kind of like what happened to "Burlington Coat Factory" in the States, which eventually just got shortened down to "Burlington" after years of ads reminding us they sold way more than just coats. I suppose renaming the "Canadian Tire" stores to simply "Canadian" would be much to ask the shopping public to accept.

As a small child, I was very confused to be taken there and find out it was not, in fact, a factory at all but just some sort of store!  So disappointing.

MoustacheKnittah

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6798 on: October 27, 2017, 01:07:07 PM »

A couple I know to be massively in debt posted the other day about "delaying the pre-order of the new Pixel 2 XL" because of some issues that they had been hearing about. I'm like, yah you definitely need two $1,000 phones in your household.

Roe

• Stubble
« Reply #6799 on: October 27, 2017, 01:59:16 PM »

You buy toilet parts often enough to give them a special mention? You might want to consider sitting down more gently, or a change of diet ;)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!