Author Topic: Overheard on Facebook  (Read 6082349 times)

JLee

• Walrus Stache
Re: Overheard on Facebook
« Reply #6300 on: April 26, 2017, 09:39:07 PM »
Saw this today.  [jaw drop]

I don't get how her the last braggy reply really flows into that thread but maybe she just wanted to mention her two fulllllllllly furnished houses?

I always find it amusing when people brag about their material possessions on social media. Funny, nobody ever posts their credit card bills or 401K statements though.

For some reason, it seems more socially acceptable to brag about stuff than about money.

Ann

• Bristles
« Reply #6301 on: April 26, 2017, 09:45:35 PM »
For some reason, it seems more socially acceptable to brag about stuff than about money.
Too fungible.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6302 on: April 26, 2017, 10:03:57 PM »
Too fungible.

Off topic, but whenever I read "fungible" I think of mushrooms (Fungi) and how they are often one interconnected huge organism colony.   So one mushroom over here is really part of the the same mushroom over there.    Do you think that is where the term comes from?  (probably not).

Ann

• Bristles
« Reply #6303 on: April 26, 2017, 10:09:53 PM »
Too fungible.

Off topic, but whenever I read "fungible" I think of mushrooms (Fungi) and how they are often one interconnected huge organism colony.   So one mushroom over here is really part of the the same mushroom over there.    Do you think that is where the term comes from?  (probably not).
I think etyology is cool!  I googled it --  no?
Fungible is from "medieval Latin fungibilis, from fungi ‘perform, enjoy,’"
Fungus is "from Latin, perhaps related to Greek spongos, sphongos (see sponge)."

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6304 on: April 27, 2017, 12:13:19 AM »
Fungus is "from Latin, perhaps related to Greek spongos, sphongos (see sponge)."

In my language,  the words for fungus, mushrooms and sponges are the same - "Svamp".

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #6305 on: April 28, 2017, 04:14:31 PM »

In my language,  the words for fungus, mushrooms and sponges are the same - "Svamp".

That sounds inconvenient when you're trying to get your kid to wash the dishes as you make mushroom pizza.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6306 on: April 28, 2017, 11:39:18 PM »
Saw this today.  [jaw drop]

I don't get how her the last braggy reply really flows into that thread but maybe she just wanted to mention her two fulllllllllly furnished houses?

The original post came from a relative on the other side of the country, so I don't know the braggart who replied. It was just weird to reply with that to a photo of my relatives family. And yes, I'm thinking she just wanted to brag about her houses, her furniture, the lake, and her ten TV's.

Rowellen

• Bristles
« Reply #6307 on: April 29, 2017, 05:31:19 AM »
I have friend's that posted about a new car purchase. Large dual cab ute brand new of course. This is on top of previous new car purchases * 2, a boat, extensive home renovations, 2 kids in private school, and living in Sydney just in the last few years. Love them to bits but my oh my hip pocket hurts for them every post they make.

marion10

• Bristles
« Reply #6308 on: April 29, 2017, 11:25:38 AM »
So co- worker of mine has two boys, 5 and 2, wife expecting  a 3rd who is a girl - so they are selling the car seat/stroller because it is a"boy" one and they need a "girl" one. ( Different colors!)

kayvent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6309 on: April 29, 2017, 12:01:18 PM »
So co- worker of mine has two boys, 5 and 2, wife expecting  a 3rd who is a girl - so they are selling the car seat/stroller because it is a"boy" one and they need a "girl" one. ( Different colors!)

Ignoring that engendering genders to colours is illogical and a very modern invention, this confuses me. 'Boy' colours tend to be neutral: red, black, blue, pink, green, etc...Perhaps if they had two prior girls and only had fluffly unicorn princess decorated strollers, I could grasp this but it is hard for me to imagine a 'boyly' carseat and stroller.

marion10

• Bristles
« Reply #6310 on: April 29, 2017, 12:17:45 PM »
They appear to be a teal blue. Boggles my mind.

frooglepoodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6311 on: April 29, 2017, 12:34:29 PM »

Ha! I deliberately picked out a lot of teal baby things for our son so they'd be gender neutral. Guess I was wrong...

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6312 on: April 29, 2017, 01:50:30 PM »

Ha! I deliberately picked out a lot of teal baby things for our son so they'd be gender neutral. Guess I was wrong...

So wrong!  Teal is a mix of two obvious "boy colors" -- blue and green.  And the only acceptable colors for a girl are pink and purple.  Duh!  (/sarcasm)

marion10

• Bristles
« Reply #6313 on: April 29, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »
And two complete sets of crib bedding just went up. One in primary colors with owls and the the other blue and gray zigzags. When you are changing sheets in the middle of the night after the baby puked- does it really matter what color?

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6314 on: April 29, 2017, 02:59:08 PM »

I did a ton of teal because it's my favorite color. I have a baby girl.

LadyStache in Baja

• Pencil Stache
    • My Casa Caoba: Making meaning in Mexico
« Reply #6315 on: April 29, 2017, 05:24:37 PM »
And two complete sets of crib bedding just went up. One in primary colors with owls and the the other blue and gray zigzags. When you are changing sheets in the middle of the night after the baby puked- does it really matter what color?

I'm like you. But when I see other people's kids so beautifully dressed, I wonder if they love them more. The love and care they put into their kids is inspiring.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6316 on: April 29, 2017, 06:43:13 PM »

I'm like you. But when I see other people's kids so beautifully dressed, I wonder if they love them more. The love and care they put into their kids is inspiring.

I understand your feeling. But don't equate appearance with love. Someone who dresses up their kid MAY love them more, or they may view them as a fashion accessory.

Don't equate love with stuff.

kayvent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6317 on: April 29, 2017, 07:10:00 PM »

Hearing you say this comforts me; I thought I was the only parent who does this.

stashing_it

• Stubble
« Reply #6318 on: April 29, 2017, 11:57:22 PM »
Coincidentally ft/(slug*hogshead) is also the units for the linear density of a threads foam.

I remember in undergrad how my class was on the verge of a populist revolt when our professor had us do a thermodynamics homework assignment in imperial units. Good lord, what a mass of unnecessary confusion.

It feels like aerospace is the only holdout in engineering where we haven't fully converted to metric. It drives me nuts, especially when they mix systems, since you just can't get around the fact that fundamental science is only done in metric.

I had a imperial units thermodynamics problem appear on an exam, when up to that point I had only worked problems in metric.   So I converted all the input data to metric, solved it in metric, and then converted it all back to imperial

Now of course I work at a U.S. aerospace company, and haven't used metric anything in 10 years

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #6319 on: April 30, 2017, 12:14:55 AM »
Coincidentally ft/(slug*hogshead) is also the units for the linear density of a threads foam.

I remember in undergrad how my class was on the verge of a populist revolt when our professor had us do a thermodynamics homework assignment in imperial units. Good lord, what a mass of unnecessary confusion.

It feels like aerospace is the only holdout in engineering where we haven't fully converted to metric. It drives me nuts, especially when they mix systems, since you just can't get around the fact that fundamental science is only done in metric.

I had a imperial units thermodynamics problem appear on an exam, when up to that point I had only worked problems in metric.   So I converted all the input data to metric, solved it in metric, and then converted it all back to imperial

Now of course I work at a U.S. aerospace company, and haven't used metric anything in 10 years

Depending on where you work (government versus academia versus certain industries, etc.) a lot of people may secretly be using your first approach.

fredbear

• Stubble
« Reply #6320 on: April 30, 2017, 09:57:19 AM »

I was at a wildfire refresher where we were supposed to analyze what the fire was doing as it changed from one video clip to the next, and describe how we would modify our attack strategy.  I said, "It may be time for indirect attack, because while there's still no crowning, only some torching, the rate of spread has increased to almost 2 cubits/s."  I thought this very funny, though it induced a blank in the presenter, since rate of fire spread is still presented in a size-up as chains/hr.  You want archaic, we'll do archaic.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6321 on: May 05, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »
A classmate from high school wrote on Facebook today

"Just keep winning free play on our lotto tickets (frowny face), I'd be happy with hundred thou and be out of debt.  Some day I'll win big (smiley face)"

Doubt it.  (Face palm face)

Update time.  Same person just posted a photo of a 65" 4K LED Smart TV with the caption "present for husband".  Dare I ask if she's out of debt now?

Another update, this just keeps getting worse.  Today she wrote

"I feel like the world has fallen on my shoulders, after I get baby to sleep I'm going to call subsidy to see if we qualify, but from the sounds of it we don't so we are basically screwed.  I can't afford $530 a month for daycare, LMAO, I'm already drowning in debt as it is"

I have no words.  No. Fucking. Words.

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6322 on: May 05, 2017, 11:43:03 PM »

"Just keep winning free play on our lotto tickets (frowny face), I'd be happy with hundred thou and be out of debt.  Some day I'll win big (smiley face)"

Update time.  Same person just posted a photo of a 65" 4K LED Smart TV with the caption "present for husband".  Dare I ask if she's out of debt now?

"I feel like the world has fallen on my shoulders, after I get baby to sleep I'm going to call subsidy to see if we qualify, but from the sounds of it we don't so we are basically screwed.  I can't afford $530 a month for daycare, LMAO, I'm already drowning in debt as it is"

I just don't understand these people who share this kind of thing on Facebook. I've read about how bad it is that people only ever share good things so everyone thinks everyone else's life is perfect, etc etc, but this level of sharing is...wow. That's close friend level, and no one is only Facebook friends with their close friends. You just don't know who's going to be seeing it, even if your privacy settings are jacked up to the max, because no one can remember the names of all X hundred Facebook friends from school or random parties or whatever.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6323 on: May 06, 2017, 12:17:46 AM »

I just don't understand these people who share this kind of thing on Facebook. I've read about how bad it is that people only ever share good things so everyone thinks everyone else's life is perfect, etc etc, but this level of sharing is...wow. That's close friend level, and no one is only Facebook friends with their close friends. You just don't know who's going to be seeing it, even if your privacy settings are jacked up to the max, because no one can remember the names of all X hundred Facebook friends from school or random parties or whatever.
My best guesses:
  • Garnering pity
  • Hoping somebody will offer money
  • Lacking tact

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6324 on: May 06, 2017, 08:22:03 AM »

My best guesses:
  • Garnering pity
  • Lacking tact

I think it's a bit of "needs attention" and "hoping someone will offer money" all rolled into one.  I don't follow this person on purpose and only post what I see pop up in my feed, but a quick check revealed they post a lot of status updates, like 5 or more a day.  I post maybe a couple a year, lol.  If my friends don't have to wonder wtf I'm up to most of the time, I'm not keeping my life mysterious enough IMO. 

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6325 on: May 07, 2017, 02:02:02 AM »

My best guesses:
  • Garnering pity
  • Lacking tact

I think it's a bit of "needs attention" and "hoping someone will offer money" all rolled into one.  I don't follow this person on purpose and only post what I see pop up in my feed, but a quick check revealed they post a lot of status updates, like 5 or more a day.  I post maybe a couple a year, lol.  If my friends don't have to wonder wtf I'm up to most of the time, I'm not keeping my life mysterious enough IMO.
[/quote]

We had a frustrating in incident with an ... acquaintance of my husband last weekend. He had had a rough time of it, judging by the "love you, babe, you're my angel" and "heartbroken, life is not worth living" posts in quick succession. Then it was his birthday, which he embraced as an opportunity to ruminate on his life as an overweight, recently dumped, failed [insert outlandish fantasy career here].

He then proceeded to post several updates along the lines of "I give up. Over it. Life's not worth living."

This immediately panicked his entire Facebook following, who invariably posted motivational updates and concerns for his wellbeing.

We've lost several people who have taken their own life, so we do not fuck around when someone makes threats like this. My husband called the police in his town, asked them to conduct a welfare check, provided his vehicle make, model and registration, and where he could most likely be found if he wasn't at home.

While he was doing this I monitoring (through Messenger) the guy's Facebook activity, which was constantly saying "last active six minutes ago", "last active two minutes ago".

My husband barely slept that night, and continued to send encouraging messages (including suggesting he call Lifeline if he wanted to remain anonymous).

The guy posted the next morning to say that he had passed out and hadn't checked his phone. Which we know is bullshit. But at the end of the day, he was ok, and we don't regret getting involved. My husband has since reached out to him to suggest he get some help, rather than waiting until he's in the pits of despair again.

But it did seem as if the whole Facebook tragedy was for attention.

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6326 on: May 09, 2017, 12:44:28 PM »
But it did seem as if the whole Facebook tragedy was for attention.

I've been seeing a similar thing from a FB friend.  Always something terrible going on, and I would feel bad, but it seems that something terrible is happening every other day.  Either this person has the worst luck in the world, or they're just making things up.  I feel bad wondering if everything they post is fake, since one time they posted that they had lost their pregnancy.  Then the next day said the Dr told them they have a second baby, and that there was going to be twins that the first ultrasound didn't notice.  So, were there twins?  Or did they really not lose a pregnancy?  No way to know.  I feel terrible for wondering.

hypocrispy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6327 on: May 10, 2017, 06:59:20 AM »
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this...

My cousin just messaged me with a photo of her dog and a brand new purchase she just made. It's a stuff animal made to look like her dog. The stuffed animal looks quite cute and well made... $250. Purchased by the woman who "sleeps in the rain" because her roof leaks and she has no money to fix it on a pharmacist's salary. Did I mention her father has been making her mortgage payments? And has over SIX online game subscriptions (ie World of Warcraft and the like)?

Apparently she thinks I should get a lookalike stuffed animal too. I tried not to laugh in her face.

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6328 on: May 10, 2017, 07:29:13 AM »
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this...

My cousin just messaged me with a photo of her dog and a brand new purchase she just made. It's a stuff animal made to look like her dog. The stuffed animal looks quite cute and well made... $250. Purchased by the woman who "sleeps in the rain" because her roof leaks and she has no money to fix it on a pharmacist's salary. Did I mention her father has been making her mortgage payments? And has over SIX online game subscriptions (ie World of Warcraft and the like)?

Apparently she thinks I should get a lookalike stuffed animal too. I tried not to laugh in her face.

Wow!  $250 for a stuffed animal!

I spent $20 one year on a custom Christmas ornament that looks like our dog.  That was enough for me.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6329 on: May 10, 2017, 10:52:31 AM »
How about "Nah, I prefer a roof that doesn't leak"

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6330 on: May 10, 2017, 11:30:33 AM »
How about "Nah, I prefer a roof that doesn't leak"
I know a guy who in practically the same sentence complained about not being able to afford an "expensive" (like $100 dude...) vet bill for his dog and his roof leaking, and explana-bragged about the racing stripes he was getting put on his at-the-time brand-new Dodge Challenger.

But no, racing stripes are more important than your house or your dog.

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6331 on: May 10, 2017, 12:57:16 PM »
I know a guy who in practically the same sentence complained about not being able to afford an "expensive" (like $100 dude...) vet bill for his dog and his roof leaking, and explana-bragged about the racing stripes he was getting put on his at-the-time brand-new Dodge Challenger.

But no, racing stripes are more important than your house or your dog.

Use some common sense man, if the roof collapses at least he can get away quickly...

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #6332 on: May 10, 2017, 12:57:43 PM »
I can't see why this works for other people when for the average mustachian it might lead to a long term facial twitch. I get why we twitch, I don't get why they don't see the absurdity of their situations.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6333 on: May 16, 2017, 02:36:05 PM »
Not overheard on Facebook; a friend called me last night with updates about his friend. Let's call him Fred.

Fred is Australian and was visiting the US a couple of years ago when he got on Tinder one night in Vegas and met a girl, Wilma.

Within days he had proposed and she had plans to follow him back here.

He came back to Australia at the end of his trip, and she came out later. She couldn't work (visa restrictions) so he was supporting both of them.

Then she returned to the US and he was flying back and forth to see her while they continued planning the wedding.

Last week she visited him in Australia and ended it. She had conveniently left the engagement ring* in the US.

He has since admitted to his mates that he had followed the 'three-months' salary' advice, and spent $14,000 on the ring.

Which he is still paying off.

*I know laws vary on this one and that most places see an engagement ring as a gift that does not have to be returned, but to me it would be the polite thing to do, especially if he is making payments on it.

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6334 on: May 16, 2017, 02:54:51 PM »
Not overheard on Facebook; a friend called me last night with updates about his friend. Let's call him Fred.

Fred is Australian and was visiting the US a couple of years ago when he got on Tinder one night in Vegas and met a girl, Wilma.

He came back to Australia at the end of his trip, and she came out later. She couldn't work (visa restrictions) so he was supporting both of them.

Then she returned to the US and he was flying back and forth to see her while they continued planning the wedding.

Last week she visited him in Australia and ended it. She had conveniently left the engagement ring* in the US.

He has since admitted to his mates that he had followed the 'three-months' salary' advice, and spent $14,000 on the ring.

*I know laws vary on this one and that most places see an engagement ring as a gift that does not have to be returned, but to me it would be the polite thing to do, especially if he is making payments on it.

gifts given in Vegas stay in Vegas

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6335 on: May 16, 2017, 03:41:26 PM »
Just posted to my condo building residents' website (emphasis added):
I am planning on selling my car. Its a 2017 Honda Accord EX-L with 35xx miles on it. I bought it a month ago and thinking of trading it in for a different car. Before I go to the dealer next week. I wanted to offer the car to the community. I am asking $26K for it. It has full warranty. It is a black car with beige leather interior. Please let me know if there is any interest. [phone number]

Freedom Invested

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6336 on: May 17, 2017, 12:20:02 AM »

gifts given in Vegas stay in Vegas

I hope this will be a good lesson for him, albeit expensive. I doubt he will be getting it back. I never understood the wastefulness of those rings. Diamonds are so incredibly common it is sickening what Dabeers and the like do.

Plain rings for me all of the way. We haven't lost them yet, but it won't be a big financial loss if we do.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6337 on: May 17, 2017, 07:41:43 AM »
I hope this will be a good lesson for him, albeit expensive. I doubt he will be getting it back. I never understood the wastefulness of those rings. Diamonds are so incredibly common it is sickening what Dabeers and the like do.

Plain rings for me all of the way. We haven't lost them yet, but it won't be a big financial loss if we do.
DW's rings don't fit any more, so rather than pay a bunch of money to have them resized, I just bought a few sizes of plain stainless bands for Christmas.  I got three bands for about $4 each, and without closer inspection, you'd never think to suspect that they're not white gold.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6338 on: May 17, 2017, 08:13:21 AM »
The wife of one of my closest friends recently posted on Facebook about buying a very expensive cup. These are folks that have lots of money struggles, some self-inflicted, some not. For instance, they couldn't afford $100 for an emergency vet visit. We recently visited them and spent a lot of money so they could do things with us they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. The wife started taking it for granted by the end of the week and didn't even bother to thank me. And she then she drops $40 on a cup. Like... you're throwing money away, but you couldn't be arsed to chip in for gas or parking or something? Or maybe save it so next time your dog (or God forbid your new grandchild) has an emergency you don't have to panic because you don't have cash on hand?

MrDelane

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6339 on: May 17, 2017, 08:20:40 AM »
A guy I know (who in the past year asked me for a loan to avoid an eviction) just posted a photo of the custom made hand crafted samurai sword he ordered from Japan.  It is hanging in his living room.

I assume this means he was able to avoid being evicted.

Or... maybe it's part of his plan to avoid the NEXT eviction.

marielle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6340 on: May 17, 2017, 08:23:57 AM »
The wife of one of my closest friends recently posted on Facebook about buying a very expensive cup. These are folks that have lots of money struggles, some self-inflicted, some not. For instance, they couldn't afford $100 for an emergency vet visit. We recently visited them and spent a lot of money so they could do things with us they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. The wife started taking it for granted by the end of the week and didn't even bother to thank me. And she then she drops $40 on a cup. Like... you're throwing money away, but you couldn't be arsed to chip in for gas or parking or something? Or maybe save it so next time your dog (or God forbid your new grandchild) has an emergency you don't have to panic because you don't have cash on hand?

$100 for an emergency vet visit and they can't pay it? Wow, yearly vet visits for me are $169 for a bloodwork and everything (cat). I wouldn't ever pay anything for them again, stick to free or cheap activities (which can be just as fun of course).

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6341 on: May 17, 2017, 08:38:03 AM »

$100 for an emergency vet visit and they can't pay it? Wow, yearly vet visits for me are $169 for a bloodwork and everything (cat). I wouldn't ever pay anything for them again, stick to free or cheap activities (which can be just as fun of course).
My understanding is the $100 was up front just to SEE the vet. They eventually found a vet that didn't require the up-front fee--I presume actual treatment went on credit cards. It was a special trip because our mutual friend was visiting from England, and we wanted to all go to Universal Studios together and didn't want to exclude our less wealthy friend (which meant also not excluding the wife and two kids).  I would honestly walk through fire for this friend (brother I never had), but his wife drives me up a wall. She was poorly behaved the whole time we were there to be honest--otherwise I wouldn't have batted an eyelash at spending.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #6342 on: May 17, 2017, 02:55:03 PM »
I am planning on selling my car. Its a 2017 Honda Accord EX-L with 35xx miles on it. I bought it a month ago and thinking of trading it in for a different car. Before I go to the dealer next week. I wanted to offer the car to the community. I am asking $26K for it. It has full warranty. It is a black car with beige leather interior. Please let me know if there is any interest. [phone number]

Holy crow - it would have been cheaper to go to a car rental place and rent their best vehicle for a month. That person is going to loose $5K or more in transaction fees (depreciation, taxes/title, markup on the new vehicle). I'd much rather go to Europe with that evaporating $5K.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6343 on: May 17, 2017, 03:02:25 PM »

Holy crow - it would have been cheaper to go to a car rental place and rent their best vehicle for a month. That person is going to loose $5K or more in transaction fees (depreciation, taxes/title, markup on the new vehicle). I'd much rather go to Europe with that evaporating $5K.

He must not have bought it new. There's no way to drive 35,000 miles in one month.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6344 on: May 17, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »

He must not have bought it new. There's no way to drive 35,000 miles in one month.
I assume 35xx miles means 3,5xx miles as in three and a half thousand miles.  That's doable in a month.

Madness.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6345 on: May 17, 2017, 03:14:33 PM »

The 2017 Accord was released in June 2016, so it's at *most* 11 months old.  That means that over its short life, it has been driven over 100 miles per day, on average.  That's still nuts.

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6346 on: May 18, 2017, 12:31:27 AM »

The 2017 Accord was released in June 2016, so it's at *most* 11 months old.  That means that over its short life, it has been driven over 100 miles per day, on average.  That's still nuts.

Worse -- the guy later added to his post, "Forgot to add, I bought it for $33k one month ago"!!!!!!  So, in one month, 3,500 miles and $7,000 loss (setting aside tax and registration)!!!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:35:12 AM by LeRainDrop »

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6347 on: May 18, 2017, 07:07:35 AM »
From the site:

THE IBEX TUMBLER SECRET

Tested and approved by construction crews, Extreme athletes and soccer moms, the IBEX Tumbler features 2 layers of extra thick kitchen grade 18/8 Stainless Steel, vacuum sealed to ensure maximum temperature retention.

Amazing ;)
Well, it does keep ice frozen for 72 hours!

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #6348 on: May 18, 2017, 07:25:45 AM »

Worse -- the guy later added to his post, "Forgot to add, I bought it for $33k one month ago"!!!!!!  So, in one month, 3,500 miles and $7,000 loss (setting aside tax and registration)!!!!

Oh that's worse than I imagined.

Proud Foot

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6349 on: May 18, 2017, 08:52:25 AM »
From the site:

THE IBEX TUMBLER SECRET

Tested and approved by construction crews, Extreme athletes and soccer moms, the IBEX Tumbler features 2 layers of extra thick kitchen grade 18/8 Stainless Steel, vacuum sealed to ensure maximum temperature retention.

Amazing ;)
Well, it does keep ice frozen for 72 hours!

Why does it need to keep ice frozen for 72 hours? That doesn't matter to me! I got a 2 pack at Sam's for $20 and they work just fine for me.