Author Topic: Overheard at Work  (Read 13252874 times)

RamonaQ

• Pencil Stache
Re: Overheard at Work
« Reply #14450 on: August 17, 2016, 07:33:31 AM »
Clerk: "It's corporate policy."

She just kind of kept repeating that. It's like the aliens ate her brain or something.

Or like a bookstore clerk doesn't just get to put things wherever she thinks they fit best.

Imagine the scene:
"Hmmm, I'm looking for the book Bossypants.  It's supposed to be right here in the humor section, but I don't see it."
"Oh, Bob didn't think it was funny so he shelved it in general fiction instead."

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14451 on: August 17, 2016, 07:48:45 AM »
Pretty much.

Husband made me download an episode of Ancient Aliens last week because I'd never seen it and didn't know who he was. It was about how the people we suspect are ancient aliens (you know, the ones who built the pyramids and easter island statues) may in fact be time travelling humans from the future.

They were deadly serious about it too. Provided "evidence" and everything. It was truly scary the way they thought.

What was even worse: finding it in the sparsely populated documentary section of Barnes and Noble, re-shelving it properly in the fiction section, telling the clerk what I'd done because I'd found the DVDs mis-shelved, and having her say: "But that's where it's supposed to be."

Me: "No, documentaries are based on some kind of scientific or historical research. This is entertainment TV, kind of like that show about the zombie apocalypse."

Clerk: "But it's from National Geographic."

Me: "National Geographic was bought by Fox, and hasn't done a cultural anthropology documentary in years. They show all kinds of things that aren't documentaries. This for example is a satire."

Clerk: "But it's corporate policy to put it in with the documentaries."

Me: "I notice you have very few of them compared to a couple years ago. Maybe you should make the section smaller or maybe see what's being produced internationally."

Me: "It's fashionable to be pig-ignorant these days, and I get that your corporate policies reflect that, but we're all adults here and it's OK if we think for ourselves."

She just kind of kept repeating that. It's like the aliens ate her brain or something.

Corporate zombie - instead of saying "BRAINS", they say "IT'S CORPORATE POLICY"

did you also move the bible and all christian related books to this section as well?

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14452 on: August 17, 2016, 08:17:47 AM »

The upfront cost of that 2500 dog is very small compared to the cost of owning it for years afterwards. If all dogs cost 2500 to buy upfront we'd have less getting dumped in rural areas.

I hope I got the quoting right.

Maybe certain breeds are really expensive??? grooming needs for example?

I had two mixed breeds dumped on me 25 years ago. I spent $75 each to get them spayed, annual shots which were ~$10, each stepped on glass once and needed stitches (odd), and food. Good dogs.

We've rescued two purebred bird dogs in the years since and both needed the same as the mixed breeds and nothing more. Our cats have been even cheaper b/c they eat less and require no maintenance aside form rabies shots.

We buy good dog food from the farmer's co-op and buy flea pills. We trim the tangled fur and burrs out ourselves occasionally. A dog brush lasts forever. We bathe her in the bathtub ourselves for pennies (generic baby shampoo).

All of them have been great family dogs and I'm glad our kids have known them.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14453 on: August 17, 2016, 08:21:05 AM »
Hello. I check out library books and then read them on the toilet while I poop. Please feel free to spray any and all books with lysol.

Thanks.

TMI....

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #14454 on: August 17, 2016, 08:51:27 AM »
Pretty much.

Husband made me download an episode of Ancient Aliens last week because I'd never seen it and didn't know who he was. It was about how the people we suspect are ancient aliens (you know, the ones who built the pyramids and easter island statues) may in fact be time travelling humans from the future.

They were deadly serious about it too. Provided "evidence" and everything. It was truly scary the way they thought.

What was even worse: finding it in the sparsely populated documentary section of Barnes and Noble, re-shelving it properly in the fiction section, telling the clerk what I'd done because I'd found the DVDs mis-shelved, and having her say: "But that's where it's supposed to be."

Me: "No, documentaries are based on some kind of scientific or historical research. This is entertainment TV, kind of like that show about the zombie apocalypse."

Clerk: "But it's from National Geographic."

Me: "National Geographic was bought by Fox, and hasn't done a cultural anthropology documentary in years. They show all kinds of things that aren't documentaries. This for example is a satire."

Clerk: "But it's corporate policy to put it in with the documentaries."

Me: "I notice you have very few of them compared to a couple years ago. Maybe you should make the section smaller or maybe see what's being produced internationally."

Me: "It's fashionable to be pig-ignorant these days, and I get that your corporate policies reflect that, but we're all adults here and it's OK if we think for ourselves."

You do realise that it is legitimate to classify it as non-fiction, right? Fiction is based on what the creator of the work has purported to be not real (like Harry Potter is fiction since JK Rowling isn't really saying there is a wizard with a scar on his forehead in the real world) but nonfiction applies to works even when they are factually dubious like documentaries about aliens, religious texts, etc as the mere fact that they are asserted to be true by the creator means they are nonfiction.

Books are treated differently from DVDs by stores that sell them. Having a separate section for religious and inspirational material tiptoes past the fiction/nonfiction debate.

It's possible format plays a role in whether something is considered nonfiction, but it's not consistent. They seem to be pretty picky as to what makes it in, and what doesn't.

I found "Ray", "Coach Carter", and "Noah" in the drama section, "42" and "Gettysburg" in the history section, and "La Vie En Rose" and "The Josephine Baker Story" with the music and entertainment movies. They're all dramatizations, but only "42" and "Gettysburg" make it into the nonfiction section. Meanwhile, "This Is Spinal Tap" and "Farce of the Penguins" are found with the comedies (correctly, I think) while "Some Kind of Monster" is in with the live music. "Up The Yangtze" is in the history section. The latter four films are all in a contemporary live documentary format, where the filmmakers follow people or animals around with a camera, and sometimes interview them or do voice-over explanations of scenes that they edit together. "Up The Yangtze" is taken seriously but "Some Kind of Monster" isn't.

It seems to me that if the aliens make the cut, then "Ray" and "The Josephine Baker Story" ought to be accorded the same respect. Maybe even religious films like "Noah" should be brought in. But they aren't. "Noah" and "The Ten Commandments" are in the drama section.

It's probably a moot point anyway. Streaming sales are gradually phasing out DVD sales, and five years from now DVDs will most likely go the same way as VHS. It's possible to classify a film several ways online, so genre identity is going to be more fluid in the future.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14455 on: August 17, 2016, 08:59:11 AM »
did you also move the bible and all christian related books to this section as well?

No, they already have their own section. Possibly the fact/not-fact issue came up in the past and the stores just bypassed it. Most films based on religious stories are categorized as dramas. "Noah" comes to mind as does "The Ten Commandments".

Anyway, the whole story was leading up to a joke about genre identity.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14456 on: August 17, 2016, 09:17:53 AM »

No, they already have their own section. Possibly the fact/not-fact issue came up in the past and the stores just bypassed it. Most films based on religious stories are categorized as dramas. "Noah" comes to mind as does "The Ten Commandments".

Hahaha! The fluidity of genre identity?

Yup. Whole point of entire post.

esq

• Bristles
« Reply #14457 on: August 17, 2016, 11:22:17 AM »
Thanks everybody who made me laff today.  I needed it.  (Kids come back in two days and I just found out I might lose my classroom.)

You guys are some funny fuckers.

As you were. :)

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14458 on: August 17, 2016, 11:24:31 AM »

So which bathroom do nonfiction books use?

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14459 on: August 17, 2016, 12:09:49 PM »

Everybody poops?

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #14460 on: August 17, 2016, 01:28:52 PM »
On the topic of dogs. Overheard a co worker talking about their friend. $15k on 3 nights in dog hospital and the dog died.
We adopted a rescue kitten in June and 3 weeks later I blew a grand watching him die in a hospital. My first thought after all the initial emotional shit was "Oh god, don't tell the MMM forum..."

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14461 on: August 17, 2016, 01:34:38 PM »
On the topic of dogs. Overheard a co worker talking about their friend. $15k on 3 nights in dog hospital and the dog died.
We adopted a rescue kitten in June and 3 weeks later I blew a grand watching him die in a hospital. My first thought after all the initial emotional shit was "Oh god, don't tell the MMM forum..."

It happens. I'm guessing you're able to afford it.

I know that if I ever get a dog, it's going to be hard to make those decisions, especially when the dog ages. It likely will turn into a showdown between my rational side and my emotional one. What's funny is that a good chunk of mine friend's tell me that I'm not a "feeler" (Myers Briggs), whereas the engineers and other logic based people chide me for being more emotional than them.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14462 on: August 17, 2016, 01:40:16 PM »

The political biographies have to be in a stall, next to a full roll of TP, because of what they're already full of.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14463 on: August 17, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »

I know that if I ever get a dog, it's going to be hard to make those decisions, especially when the dog ages. It likely will turn into a showdown between my rational side and my emotional one. What's funny is that a good chunk of mine friend's tell me that I'm not a "feeler" (Myers Briggs), whereas the engineers and other logic based people chide me for being more emotional than them.
Yeah, I don't *like* spending that much unexpectedly, but I adjusted without much trouble. To me, the key is to be prepared for that kind of thing and stay conscious of cost vs. likely benefit. Our dogs are 9 and 10 now, and the older they get, the less I'd be willing to do, especially if quality of life isn't guaranteed afterward. I love the fuck out of the hairy little beasts, but they've got 5 years left if they're lucky, you know... the closer they are to normal end of life, the less sense it makes to rack up huge bills for a little more time with them.

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14464 on: August 17, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »

Yeah, I don't *like* spending that much unexpectedly, but I adjusted without much trouble. To me, the key is to be prepared for that kind of thing and stay conscious of cost vs. likely benefit. Our dogs are 9 and 10 now, and the older they get, the less I'd be willing to do, especially if quality of life isn't guaranteed afterward. I love the fuck out of the hairy little beasts, but they've got 5 years left if they're lucky, you know... the closer they are to normal end of life, the less sense it makes to rack up huge bills for a little more time with them.

I've had many animals from birth to death.  When it comes to end of life and how to decide, there is no one-fits-all decision.  For me I've paid hundreds (thousands?) of dollars on testing for my past animals.  For me it was part of the decision making process.  I needed to know that making the decision to put down an animal was the right decision and for me that meant have all the facts in front of me. My last cat, I paid $600 for him to see a kitty oncologist to just make sure he did have cancer.   I ended up putting him down shortly after, because I could see he was in a lot of pain and the doctor said the cancer had spread.  I consider it $600 well spent.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14465 on: August 17, 2016, 03:23:25 PM »

I don't know but we got far more emotional over putting our dog down than we have about alot of other things that we should have been emotional about. That dog was one of our kids more or less. She smelled funny and had some odd habits (normal to any dog but odd for a human child - let me work this metaphor) but we loved her.

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14466 on: August 17, 2016, 03:39:07 PM »

I don't know but we got far more emotional over putting our dog down than we have about alot of other things that we should have been emotional about. That dog was one of our kids more or less. She smelled funny and had some odd habits (normal to any dog but odd for a human child - let me work this metaphor) but we loved her.

Saying goodbye to my dog last year was by far the hardest thing I've ever gone through.  I will say having enough money that it wasn't a factor made the decision much easier, as I didn't have to wonder if I was making it because of the money.  I paid $1k without hesitating, just to confirm that it was indeed finally time to let my old girl go.  As hard as it was, at least I know I made the right decision for the right reasons.

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14467 on: August 17, 2016, 04:02:09 PM »

so genre identity is going to be more fluid in the future.

Did you mean, so gender identity is going to be more fluid in the future.
I think that has already started.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14468 on: August 17, 2016, 04:07:18 PM »

It's called a pun.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14469 on: August 17, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »
Two weeks ago a colleague announced she'd bought cheap early-morning flights to go interstate for a couple of days.

Yesterday was her first day back after the trip so she updated us on the drama. They were late leaving home, parked in the wrong section at the airport, and came home to a $385 fine. She thought it was hilarious.

Tjat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14470 on: August 17, 2016, 05:30:09 PM »

It's called a pun.

I'd tell a chemistry joke now but I know I wouldn't get a reaction.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14471 on: August 17, 2016, 05:41:33 PM »

Q. Why do mustachian chemists use nitrates so much?

A. They're cheaper than the day rates.

SoccerLounge

• Stubble
« Reply #14472 on: August 17, 2016, 06:36:19 PM »

Q. What's the difference between The Mad FIentist's pet rabbit and a clown with a trumpet?

A. One bugles funny and the other's a frugal bunny.

Thank you, thank you. I shall see myself out.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14473 on: August 17, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
From a 63-year-old colleague: I'm replacing my washer and dryer this year, because I don't want any big expenses after I retire.

She clarified that they're running fine, but they might eventually not, so she's replacing them with new ones now "while she has the money".

Not answering "well, replacing things that don't need replacing is WHY you won't have money after retiring" took all my self-control.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14474 on: August 17, 2016, 07:43:53 PM »

It's called a pun.

Stand
   I

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14475 on: August 18, 2016, 06:51:25 AM »

Q. What's the difference between The Mad FIentist's pet rabbit and a clown with a trumpet?

A. One bugles funny and the other's a frugal bunny.

Thank you, thank you. I shall see myself out.

One day there was a fire in a wastebasket in the office of the Dean of Sciences. In rushed a physicist, a chemist, and a statistician. The physicist immediately starts to work on how much energy would have to be removed from the fire to stop the combustion. The chemist works on which reagent would have to be added to the fire to prevent oxidation. While they are doing this, the statistician is setting fires to all the other wastebaskets in the office. "What are you doing?" the others demand. The statistician replies, "Well, to solve the problem, you obviously need a larger sample size."

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14476 on: August 18, 2016, 09:33:05 AM »

That was sodium funny!  All the good chemistry jokes Argon.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:35:07 AM by GuitarStv »

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14477 on: August 18, 2016, 10:06:22 AM »
Yeah, I slapped my neon that one.

ditheca

• Bristles
« Reply #14478 on: August 18, 2016, 10:39:49 AM »
One day there was a fire in a wastebasket in the office of the Dean of Sciences. In rushed a physicist, a chemist, and a statistician. The physicist immediately starts to work on how much energy would have to be removed from the fire to stop the combustion. The chemist works on which reagent would have to be added to the fire to prevent oxidation. While they are doing this, the statistician is setting fires to all the other wastebaskets in the office. "What are you doing?" the others demand. The statistician replies, "Well, to solve the problem, you obviously need a larger sample size."

The fire department shows up and puts out all the fires.  The next day, there is another wastebasket fire!  With a stroke of brilliance, the mathematician quickly sets fire to all the other wastebaskets in the office.  "What are you doing?" the others demand.  The mathematician replies, "Reducing the problem to a previously solved state."

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14479 on: August 18, 2016, 11:07:13 AM »
Two weeks ago a colleague announced she'd bought cheap early-morning flights to go interstate for a couple of days.

Yesterday was her first day back after the trip so she updated us on the drama. They were late leaving home, parked in the wrong section at the airport, and came home to a $385 fine. She thought it was hilarious.

Ouch. This could also have gone in the very awesome "Frugal intentions" thread. Though I can't imagine why she thought it was funny, unless she has a taste for irony.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14480 on: August 18, 2016, 11:17:27 AM »

Ouch. This could also have gone in the very awesome "Frugal intentions" thread. Though I can't imagine why she thought it was funny, unless she has a taste for irony.
Or maybe she's secretly FI, and so a setback like this isn't such a big deal.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14481 on: August 18, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »

Maybe she was going to use the money to finance a wedding.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14482 on: August 18, 2016, 11:39:20 AM »
National Geographic was bought by Fox
AH! Thank you. That explains a lot. I was headscratching 2 or 3 times a bit back. Not seeing much NG here in Germany, so I was irritated at something that this is also NG.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14483 on: August 18, 2016, 12:03:54 PM »

The fire department shows up and puts out all the fires.  The next day, there is another wastebasket fire!  With a stroke of brilliance, the mathematician quickly sets fire to all the other wastebaskets in the office.  "What are you doing?" the others demand.  The mathematician replies, "Reducing the problem to a previously solved state."

I love these jokes.

nerd

Aeowulf

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Aeowulf Forums
« Reply #14484 on: August 18, 2016, 12:08:26 PM »

You guys are killing me!

*Fights the urge to set wastebaskets on fire to make the workday more interesting.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14485 on: August 18, 2016, 01:29:37 PM »

*Fights the urge to set wastebaskets on fire to make the workday more interesting.

I'm also fighting the urge, not just because of making the day more interesting, but because I'm in a foul mood. I can't go to the gym so I can direct my fury towards a bag.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14486 on: August 18, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »

You guys are killing me!

What do you get when you cross a cow with an octopus?
----
---
---

A swift meeting with the ethics committee and immediate reversal of research funding.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14487 on: August 18, 2016, 06:10:42 PM »

She's not easily fazed, and just laughed it off in a 'this could only happen to me' sort of way.

Not FI. I've mentioned her previously: car leases; panic-buying shoes because she wore a mismatched pair to work; has three kids, each with their own bathroom and pays a cleaner instead of giving them pocket money and making them clean their bathrooms.

MustardTiger

• Stubble
« Reply #14488 on: August 18, 2016, 08:33:51 PM »
Co-workers were talking about Yeti cups today.  Now I did get one of these as a gift so I joined in saying yes it is indeed good at being a cup.  She wasn't satisfied with the steel color so took it in for a professional powdercoating with her college colors at an additional cost of 75$.  So an >100$ cup.

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14489 on: August 19, 2016, 05:10:38 AM »
Co-workers were talking about Yeti cups today.  Now I did get one of these as a gift so I joined in saying yes it is indeed good at being a cup.  She wasn't satisfied with the steel color so took it in for a professional powdercoating with her college colors at an additional cost of 75$.  So an >100$ cup.
We have a local man who will "color dip" your Yeti cup to look camouflaged or anything else that can be done with paint floating on water.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14490 on: August 19, 2016, 08:43:10 AM »
Wow - either powdercoating got really expensive or she got taken for a ride.

A local place I used had a flat rate. Everything they could powdercoat for a flat rate per hour. So I got three pallets of antique car parts powdercoated for about $100.

By the way, the powdercoating on my coffee cup (not Yeti, much more affordable) is peeling off after a year. Cup works fine. Soon I'll have a nice stainless steel mug. I see it's current condition as a statement on how much it has been used.

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14491 on: August 19, 2016, 08:56:17 AM »
I found two Starbucks tall coffee cups, with lids, at a garage sale for 25¢ each.  Best cups I've ever had.

BDWW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14492 on: August 19, 2016, 09:18:33 AM »

A local place I used had a flat rate. Everything they could powdercoat for a flat rate per hour. So I got three pallets of antique car parts powdercoated for about $100.

By the way, the powdercoating on my coffee cup (not Yeti, much more affordable) is peeling off after a year. Cup works fine. Soon I'll have a nice stainless steel mug. I see it's current condition as a statement on how much it has been used.

... Or cut rate powder coating is worth the price you pay?

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14493 on: August 19, 2016, 09:28:49 AM »

... Or cut rate powder coating is worth the price you pay?

I don't think he got his coffee cup powder coated, I think he meant he bought it that way...

So the coworker who I posted about earlier who decided to start a goat farm, bought pit bulls, had to put down the pit bulls because they killed goats and claims to not have money for anything (but bought a new MASSIVE diesel farm truck) now says he is getting in to pigs...

Our advice was to focus on one thing at a time (since he has invested 3000-5000$ into the goats with 0$ return...)

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14494 on: August 19, 2016, 10:13:17 AM »
Correct. I bought my cup off the shelf. The powdercoating was applied at the factory. Both cups we bought then are peeling. I use them b/c I am in a shop environment part of the day anyhow. The two cups we bought later (so wife and I each have two) have not peeled. These are basic Thermos branded cups. The older ones are over a year old. The newer ones about 8 months old.

The powdercoating I had done locally on the car parts is 10+ years old now. Holding up just fine. Was cheaper than paint at the time.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14495 on: August 19, 2016, 10:35:45 AM »
a phone conversation I've had *countless* times:
 *phone rings*
 Me: ZEPHYR SPEAKING
 Overpaid Co-Worker On Phone: HELLO?
 Me: This is Zephyr, how can I help you?
 OCWOP: OMG I CAN'T FIND [old file] IN YOUR SHAREPOINT LIBRARY, WHY DID YOU DELETE IT?
 Me: Are you on the page now?
 OCWOP: YES THERE IS ONLY THIS WEEK'S FILE I NEED THE ONE FROM [date]
 Me: Do you see about ten pixels above that, where it says "Click Here to View Archives"?
 OCWOP: YES
 Me: Have you tried clicking to view the archives?
 OCWOP: ...
 Me: ...
 *click*
 Me: *checks investment accounts*

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14496 on: August 19, 2016, 01:30:27 PM »
This morn: coworker who makes twice what I do needed coaching. Was using different Win7 computer in a conference room.

Wanted coaching on how to open "Word" and "Notes" - b/c somehow that would be different from the Win7 computer on their desk....

I am very tired of older employees who can't do the basics on a computer despite using computers daily since the 1980s. I didn't really pick up using computers 'til the 90s and I can do most anything with them.

I can't complain though: job security for me...

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14497 on: August 19, 2016, 01:36:51 PM »
I am very tired of older employees who can't do the basics on a computer despite using computers daily since the 1980s. I didn't really pick up using computers 'til the 90s and I can do most anything with them.

I hear 'ya on that.  I'm 35 and by no means a computer/tech expert of any sort, yet I still get questions like that all the time.  People are like, "I can't seem to open this box thingy, can you help?"  And I'm thinking, "I've never used the box thingy before either, but yeah, I probably just have to try it once."  Once I had a lawyer panicking because the email he was typing in outlook disappeared.  I went to look, and he had accidentally minimized the window.  Our condo building manager sends me Word doc reports where at the end of each line, she presses enter and then tabs in for the next line, so if you need to make any edits, then you have to re-do the f-ed up formatting.  She also has no idea how to use Excel, despite having had to use it for 5 years, so she prints out the spreadsheets and then complains that the typing is too small to read on paper.  I blew her mind the other day when I pointed out that the spreadsheet had two tabs of information, not just one.

ChairmanKaga

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14498 on: August 19, 2016, 01:45:14 PM »
"Didn't you get it two years ago?"
"Yeah, but it stopped working with my iPhone and it was so infuriating I had to replace it."

It was a car.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14499 on: August 19, 2016, 01:59:16 PM »
Oh god. We just got Sharepoint. I expect this will start becoming way too common ...

Yeah, I really do have this same conversation every so often, almost verbatim. Usually it's more amusing than annoying, but it has a way of making a bad day worse.

Side note: I always enjoy teaching tricks and best practices, so if you ever have any questions that I might be able to help with, please feel free to PM me. That goes for anyone here. I haven't had a ton of formal training, just enough to dive in and keep learning via experience (5+ years now).

"Didn't you get it two years ago?"
"Yeah, but it stopped working with my iPhone and it was so infuriating I had to replace it."

It was a car.

FFS, does anyone even *try* to fix things anymore? :P