Author Topic: Overheard at Work 2  (Read 1112992 times)

partdopy

• Stubble
Re: Overheard at Work 2
« Reply #850 on: June 04, 2019, 03:02:33 PM »
Co-worker who is usually okay with these kinds of things was talking about his cell phone bill this morning.  He has lines for three phones, three tablets, and two Apple watches.  It's just him and his son on the bill.  I believe that his son probably helps pay part of the bill, but still.  They both just got new phones and had already used most of their data for the month on what they assume is firmware updates on said new phones.  Ouch.  I don't even want to think about what that bill runs every month.

That was news to me a few months ago when I heard a coworker talking about a cell plan for a tablet. I figured you just used WiFi like a normal computer, but I guess that's too much trouble?

Usually providers 'give away' tablets if you sign up for a cell plan for them.  I suspect people who don't do math are the only customers, but this is probably why.

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #851 on: June 04, 2019, 03:06:50 PM »
Co-worker who is usually okay with these kinds of things was talking about his cell phone bill this morning.  He has lines for three phones, three tablets, and two Apple watches.  It's just him and his son on the bill.  I believe that his son probably helps pay part of the bill, but still.  They both just got new phones and had already used most of their data for the month on what they assume is firmware updates on said new phones.  Ouch.  I don't even want to think about what that bill runs every month.

That was news to me a few months ago when I heard a coworker talking about a cell plan for a tablet. I figured you just used WiFi like a normal computer, but I guess that's too much trouble?

I always thought it was the dumbest thing. When you're at home or work or school you can just use wifi. If you really need to use it somewhere with no wifi you can tether to your phone. Why do people think it makes sense to pay for a data plan for a tablet???
Most carriers do not allow tethering unless (surprise, surprise) you pay extra, even though you're only using data you've already paid for.
When I selected my plan I had the option of including tethering or not. The additional cost to allow tethering was surprisingly inexpensive.

That said, work pays for my bill so I don’t really give a damn either way. Tethering is immensely valuable when I travel. For some reason I can get around the Great Firewall by tethering through my phone when I get stuck behind it connecting the laptop directly to WiFi. It is so easy to do now and the speed is pretty much indistinguishable from WiFi, so I’m happy.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #852 on: June 05, 2019, 01:32:48 AM »
My colleague has adult children, one of them living paycheck to paycheck and the other one is a very good saver. His daughter has appently quit her job in Amsterdam and moved back in with her parents in Norway. Her parents live in an apartment with 1 spare room, and 2 bathrooms. I asked if his daughter was now between 2 jobs. But appartenelty she had only quit her job, focussed on getting some other job that she didn't get. She wasn't in a hurry to find another job. She needed some rest after a hectic previous job, which is understandable. My co-workers wife is looking foreward to the daughter moving out again, so she will get the spare room back for her own hobbies and get the house back to themselves.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #853 on: June 05, 2019, 07:22:08 AM »

I always thought it was the dumbest thing. When you're at home or work or school you can just use wifi. If you really need to use it somewhere with no wifi you can tether to your phone. Why do people think it makes sense to pay for a data plan for a tablet???

It doesn’t. I have Google Fi phone service so I ordered a data-only SIM card for my tablet, but it was free to get the card and all data goes through my phone data plan at the same rate. It’s come in handy a few times over the past two years, but I wouldn’t have bothered if I’d had to buy a separate plan. No need.

Note, tethering is also free with Google Fi, and I’ve done this through my phone to download/upload work during power/internet outages. It’s stupid that other carriers charge for that service!

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #854 on: June 05, 2019, 08:24:09 AM »
One of my co-workers:

"Yeah, with our oldest entering pre-K, we are excited to be coming to the end of a period when we're spending massive amounts of money on childcare...and we are starting to notice some really nice houses for sale..."

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #855 on: June 05, 2019, 08:43:34 AM »
One of my co-workers:

"Yeah, with our oldest entering pre-K, we are excited to be coming to the end of a period when we're spending massive amounts of money on childcare...and we are starting to notice some really nice houses for sale..."

All the parents in the room:  "Aww....that's so cute that you think you're about to have a bunch of extra cash....."

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #856 on: June 05, 2019, 08:53:45 AM »
One of my co-workers:

+1. Heard/seen this too often.

Meanwhile, with our youngest out of daycare/pre-K and starting public school this fall, BoM&D are planning on what to do with the excess cash. Vanguard SP500 ETF or VTSAX - what a dilemma.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #857 on: June 05, 2019, 08:54:57 AM »
One of my co-workers:

All the parents in the room:  "Aww....that's so cute that you think you're about to have a bunch of extra cash....."

that's the ones who bought a man-cave or she-shed or big truck/SUV for that so-called pre-midlife crisis.

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #858 on: June 05, 2019, 09:07:51 AM »
One of my co-workers:

that's the ones who bought a man-cave or she-shed or big truck/SUV for that so-called pre-midlife crisis.

Nah...we still have to have someone to watch him before and after school and during the summer.  That costs just over half what day care did every month.  Plus school supplies.  And our daycare fees included breakfast and lunch for him, so now we have extra food costs for that.  And class trips and shirts and yearbooks and pictures.  Plus every other week there is some kind of fundraiser or another where they bring the kids into the gym and get them all hyped up about winning cool shit for selling enough popcorn/cookie dough/wrapping paper/etc. or soliciting enough donations from friends and family who are getting hit up by multiple kids for the same stuff.  We generally choose to opt out of fundraisers, but it's still a near constant stream of fundraisers.  I'd much rather pay higher property taxes than to have to deal with that.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #859 on: June 05, 2019, 09:10:37 AM »
One of my co-workers:

OMFG how do people find the time to have a pre-midlife crisis? Or a midlife crisis??

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #860 on: June 05, 2019, 10:13:49 AM »
One of my co-workers:

OMFG how do people find the time to have a pre-midlife crisis? Or a midlife crisis??

A crisis is manufactured. As a justification to transform a want into a need.
It's all up there, in them noggins. The effect is on the wallet.
My midlife crisis that I'm making soon is to find adult swim classes to improve myself. Get the right stroke coaching (stop thinking dirty... LOL)

flipboard

• Bristles
« Reply #861 on: June 05, 2019, 10:17:14 AM »
Most carriers do not allow tethering unless (surprise, surprise) you pay extra, even though you're only using data you've already paid for.
Whot? That's the first I've ever heard of such a ridiculous policy? I'm yet to come across a network blocking me from tethering.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #862 on: June 05, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »
One of my co-workers:

Also my question.

But based on many conversations with people I know or have recently  met over the last few months...it happens.

Lots of people 48-55 suddenly divorcing (with or without a girlfriend on the side).

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #863 on: June 05, 2019, 11:11:29 AM »
One of my co-workers:

Also my question.

But based on many conversations with people I know or have recently  met over the last few months...it happens.

Lots of people 48-55 suddenly divorcing (with or without a girlfriend on the side).
I know people in their late 30s/early 40s with manufactured crises. Most of the time it's an easy fix if they wrote down their priorities and made budgets. I should be charging for this, but now I just step away and let them smolder/burn, I've been burned/singed in the past, I'm not Deadpool loving punishment.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #864 on: June 05, 2019, 11:54:07 AM »

I'm not sure that is a manufactured crisis. If you spend 20 years with someone you might grow apart. Also, you might both be better having been together and then apart.

artemidorus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #865 on: June 05, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »

So they're back to buy yet another new TV, all because the wife doesn't want to listen to ads. Or pay for the ad-free version of Pandora. Or for a ~$15 HDMI splitter. Or to just stop using the Chromecast and only use the AppleTV in the one port that exists.

Update on the TV enthusiast from last month:

Brief recap, the most recent TV he bought was just for the sole purpose of getting a TV with better HDMI inputs in their workout room. Well, now he tells me that they needed a new exercise machine for said workout room. (Old machine wasn't broken or anything, but, naturally, needed a new one.)

They got a Peloton.

You know. The exercise machines with a built-in TV.

Website it telling me this model costs $4K, but hey! They offer 0% financing. And you can't put a price on making the TV you just bought 6 months ago obsolete.

jps

• Bristles
« Reply #866 on: June 05, 2019, 04:02:58 PM »

So they're back to buy yet another new TV, all because the wife doesn't want to listen to ads. Or pay for the ad-free version of Pandora. Or for a ~$15 HDMI splitter. Or to just stop using the Chromecast and only use the AppleTV in the one port that exists.

Brief recap, the most recent TV he bought was just for the sole purpose of getting a TV with better HDMI inputs in their workout room. Well, now he tells me that they needed a new exercise machine for said workout room. (Old machine wasn't broken or anything, but, naturally, needed a new one.)

They got a Peloton.

Website it telling me this model costs $4K, but hey! They offer 0% financing. And you can't put a price on making the TV you just bought 6 months ago obsolete.

NOOoooooo. Wow, this hurts to read.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #867 on: June 05, 2019, 04:05:13 PM »
Whot? That's the first I've ever heard of such a ridiculous policy? I'm yet to come across a network blocking me from tethering.
They can't really block tethering if your phone is capable of acting as a hotspot, but it's against the terms of the contract and they can cut your service.

a286

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #868 on: June 05, 2019, 05:30:34 PM »

Usually providers 'give away' tablets if you sign up for a cell plan for them.  I suspect people who don't do math are the only customers, but this is probably why.
Exactly why I have a tablet. My husband got sucked in because you paid for the tablet and got the equivalent amount on a Costco gift card. This was before we fully shared finances so I'm not sure what it cost him to ha e but he never used it.

When work took over his phone about 6mths later, he asked if I wanted to put it on my plan... it was only $5 a month so I've used it eversince. Use it most days for reading ebooks or forums. The data is nice for traveling and at work when I finish a book and want to download the next... if it was more than that, though, it would be on the chopping block! $5 can go to my monthly hobby budget.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #869 on: June 05, 2019, 06:18:50 PM »

They got a Peloton.

NOOoooooo. Wow, this hurts to read.

Hol up.  Can the peloton play pandora?

cloudsail

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #870 on: June 05, 2019, 06:29:09 PM »
They can't really block tethering if your phone is capable of acting as a hotspot, but it's against the terms of the contract and they can cut your service.

Wow I had no idea about this. Does anyone know if it comes standard with T-Mobile plans? I've been with them forever and never even considered that tethering might not be allowed.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #871 on: June 05, 2019, 06:44:22 PM »

Wow I had no idea about this. Does anyone know if it comes standard with T-Mobile plans? I've been with them forever and never even considered that tethering might not be allowed.

Yes T-Mobile generally allows tethering.  I actually think they were one of the first carriers to allow it without extra fees, as I remember att and Verizon charging.  For all I know they all allow it now due to competitive pressure.  I used to jailbreak my phone to allow tethering (because the iPhone obeyed the carrier instructions to disable tethering but as mentioned above there’s no fundamental mechanism to stop it... although back then I was paranoid they would see a desktop browser Agent id and suspend my account so I was extra careful)

nouveauRiche

• Bristles
« Reply #872 on: June 05, 2019, 09:03:29 PM »

I'm not sure that is a manufactured crisis. If you spend 20 years with someone you might grow apart. Also, you might both be better having been together and then apart.

Or the kids are through college / out of the house.  I know someone who was in a bad marriage for decades.  Finally filed for divorce when the youngest kid was 26.

flipboard

• Bristles
« Reply #873 on: June 05, 2019, 10:24:56 PM »
I've checked my past contracts, still not found anything.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #874 on: June 06, 2019, 06:46:01 AM »

They got a Peloton.

Who's going to buy Peloton shares?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hayleykim/2019/06/05/peloton-confidentially-files-for-ipo/#495e7b902dfc

eljefe-speaks

• Bristles
« Reply #875 on: June 06, 2019, 09:45:46 AM »

Grrrrrrrrrrr. I wish all these Peloton folks would buy a real bike (50 times sexier and MUCH cheaper) and ride outside like real cyclists. Then cyclists would be more and more visible and we would have strength in numbers. Riding with a guy on a screen, on fake bike, is nowhere near as exhilarating as riding with a group.

Sorry for the off topic rant.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #876 on: June 06, 2019, 09:51:16 AM »

Grrrrrrrrrrr. I wish all these Peloton folks would buy a real bike (50 times sexier and MUCH cheaper) and ride outside like real cyclists. Then cyclists would be more and more visible and we would have strength in numbers. Riding with a guy on a screen, on fake bike, is nowhere near as exhilarating as riding with a group.

Continuing the OT:
But cagers.... they don't like us in our nicey tighty spandex. But why they like LuLaRoe?
If you have to ride indoors due to bad weather, a bike trainer suffices. I don't like the stationary bikes not swaying left and right when I'm dancin' on them pedals for hill climb or sprints.
Peloton is Fake Cycling! SAD !!!

eljefe-speaks

• Bristles
« Reply #877 on: June 06, 2019, 10:14:08 AM »

Continuing the OT:
But cagers.... they don't like us in our nicey tighty spandex. But why they like LuLaRoe?
If you have to ride indoors due to bad weather, a bike trainer suffices. I don't like the stationary bikes not swaying left and right when I'm dancin' on them pedals for hill climb or sprints.
Peloton is Fake Cycling! SAD !!!

I was with you until the Trump reference and now I am not sure if the entire post was tongue in cheek.

...but for real, the bike is fake. It's not a bike.

YYK

• Stubble
« Reply #878 on: June 06, 2019, 10:38:32 AM »

A phone line for your watch?

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #879 on: June 06, 2019, 10:55:27 AM »

That must be a smartwatch, that makes a sounds every time you get an email. You can also read the email on your watch, so that you can answer work emails while you are on vacation, like one of our customers does.

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #880 on: June 06, 2019, 11:36:11 AM »

The only person I know IRL who has a Peloton is a former co-worker who was/(is?) the state champ for his age group (old). He finally bought the Peloton after retiring because his wife was tired of him getting hit/crashing. It isn't so much that he was hit or crashed more than "average", but he spends SO much time on his bike, it's bound to happen. He was FI LONG before he retired and continued working until it wasn't fun anymore. He has millions in the bank and lives well below his means. he still rides a "real" bike at least once a week with his friends on the weekends, but his wife is MUCH happier with him on the Peloton. So, him owning a Peloton? Totally not facepunch worthy. He has several "real" bikes too, and rides them. The co-worker that the other poster mentioned who bought it following his TV saga? Totally absurd.

YYK

• Stubble
« Reply #881 on: June 06, 2019, 03:01:59 PM »
That must be a smartwatch, that makes a sounds every time you get an email. You can also read the email on your watch, so that you can answer work emails while you are on vacation, like one of our customers does.

Sounds suspiciously similar to the functionality of a laptop or phone.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #882 on: June 07, 2019, 01:38:42 AM »

It is. Just another option to spend a good amount of money on yet another device.
Extra feature is often that it also can show your heart rate.

kelvin

• Stubble
« Reply #883 on: June 07, 2019, 08:10:14 AM »

I eat out waaaay less now that I can afford to live on my own. If my roommate was in the shower I could go to the gym, but if my roommate was in the kitchen I had to go eat out.

@kelvin ,

"Had to"?????

"Had to"????

Couldn't wait a bit?   Couldn't work around them?   Couldn't work out a schedule that worked for both of you?

Would have literally starved to death if you didn't rush to the restaurant right then and there?

Between school/work, I was pulling 18 hr days at the time. I did pass out in public a few times, due to lack of food. There were some pretty nasty health effects. 

There was a lot of ramen noodles and oatmeal, so I could limit the eating out. Still spent waaaaay more on food than I do now.

The point was that food budgeting is much easier when you have regular access to a proper kitchen. Something most middle-class folk take for granted.

ambimammular

• Bristles
« Reply #884 on: June 07, 2019, 08:13:51 AM »

And you can't put a price on making the TV you just bought 6 months ago obsolete.

Snort<3

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #885 on: June 07, 2019, 09:05:24 AM »

But it's so inconvenient to wear a laptop on your wrist.

flipboard

• Bristles
« Reply #886 on: June 07, 2019, 10:00:52 AM »

Phone line for the watch is a bit silly, since it can just go via your phone's internet connection.

From my employers perspective: the watch (which they paid for) is great for notifying you when you have a meeting. Which can save time and thus money across the company, since at least I am more punctual for meetings. But I don't use it for anything else. $300 to save hours of other people's time is probably a good expense (average 3 minutes wasted by people being late for meetings, x 3 meetings per week, x 45 weeks x people's income = a lot of money).

They're also quite good for letting you know what time it is. Like a watch.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #887 on: June 07, 2019, 10:06:05 AM »

Or the kids are through college / out of the house.  I know someone who was in a bad marriage for decades.  Finally filed for divorce when the youngest kid was 26.

Yeah, I wouldn't call divorcing a manufactured crisis either.  At least, not in most cases.
I get that people change and they drift apart.  I see that all the time.  Often, it's a mutual drifting and an agreeable divorce.  It doesn't have to be anyone's "fault" really.

The weird thing that I've seen more of recently, is just one person deciding they are "done", and the other spouse saying "what"??  "Midlife crisis" comes to mind in those cases, as one spouse still wants the marriage to work, still loves the other spouse, and didn't realize there was a problem.  The other spouse (typically male in my non statistically significant experience, maybe 70% of the time) had been going along at "less than happy", stewing about it, and then just decided they were done (about half the time with a honey on the side).  Often kids out of the house, but that seems to be age-related (people that age often have kids out of the house by then).

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #888 on: June 07, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »
From my employers perspective: the watch (which they paid for) is great for notifying you when you have a meeting. Which can save time and thus money across the company, since at least I am more punctual for meetings. But I don't use it for anything else. $300 to save hours of other people's time is probably a good expense (average 3 minutes wasted by people being late for meetings, x 3 meetings per week, x 45 weeks x people's income = a lot of money).

Yeah my problem with smart watches is most use cases don’t really apply to me, being retired.  It’s great to quickly check which of the 60 emails you receive hourly is important, upcoming meetings, etc.  of course at this point in my life I’m trying to check email less often.

The ability to get silent notifications is much more effective on your wrist than in your pocket or purse.  It might be more popular with women for this reason.  My wife either has to have a loud phone alert or has to occasionally check he messages.  She misses a lot of calls

I can understand the heart rate monitor if you are doing interval training.

The coolest feature IMO is using the watch as a remote shutter/viewer for the phone.  Not worth a few hundred bucks though.

Most intriguing feature I noticed was that it will show you driving instructions, which doesn’t seem better to me personally but I guess some people prefer it.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:53:26 PM by dragoncar »

Hunny156

• Bristles
« Reply #889 on: June 07, 2019, 03:04:00 PM »
Not antimustachian, but it happened at work today and it was funny!

I work for a large financial services company that allows you to nickname your personal accounts online, and I have nicknames for each acct. 

I had a large check I needed to deposit today, and I was pleased to discover there was an employee services branch right on campus.  I made an appointment with the employee advisor and went to deposit my check earlier today.  The advisor asked me which account to deposit it to, and I said, the account with $XXX amount in it.  He looks at me with a smirk on his face, and asks, the one called “Hubby's name and your name FU fund?”  I burst out laughing and told him - I didn’t know you could see my nicknames!  He laughed and said, we’ll just assume that FU means follow up.  :)

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #890 on: June 07, 2019, 04:31:59 PM »
Hunny156:
I was always confused about our business developer (salesperson)who would issue updates that included xxx plant FU (FollowUp). 
I ALWAYS read it as FU, which is exactly NOT the intent of the sales person.

This is a upcoming FU money thread story!  I can feel it...... :-)

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #891 on: June 08, 2019, 04:54:47 AM »

I eat out waaaay less now that I can afford to live on my own. If my roommate was in the shower I could go to the gym, but if my roommate was in the kitchen I had to go eat out.

@kelvin ,

"Had to"?????

"Had to"????

Couldn't wait a bit?   Couldn't work around them?   Couldn't work out a schedule that worked for both of you?

Would have literally starved to death if you didn't rush to the restaurant right then and there?

Between school/work, I was pulling 18 hr days at the time. I did pass out in public a few times, due to lack of food. There were some pretty nasty health effects. 

There was a lot of ramen noodles and oatmeal, so I could limit the eating out. Still spent waaaaay more on food than I do now.

The point was that food budgeting is much easier when you have regular access to a proper kitchen. Something most middle-class folk take for granted.

You should preferably carry some bars or nuts with you (and have in your desk at work), to eat when you are hungry and can't make a proper meal yet.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #892 on: June 08, 2019, 11:44:46 AM »

Yeah my problem with smart watches is most use cases don’t really apply to me, being retired.  It’s great to quickly check which of the 60 emails you receive hourly is important, upcoming meetings, etc.  of course at this point in my life I’m trying to check email less often.

The ability to get silent notifications is much more effective on your wrist than in your pocket or purse.  It might be more popular with women for this reason.  My wife either has to have a loud phone alert or has to occasionally check he messages.  She misses a lot of calls

The coolest feature IMO is using the watch as a remote shutter/viewer for the phone.  Not worth a few hundred bucks though.

Most intriguing feature I noticed was that it will show you driving instructions, which doesn’t seem better to me personally but I guess some people prefer it.

My new $30 smartwatch does call/text notification, counts steps, heartrate, sleep cycle - and some other stuff I don't recall.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #893 on: June 08, 2019, 11:47:19 AM »
One of my co-workers:

Yeah... aftercare, field trips, fundraisers all the time, club fees, etc. Now that it's summer, full-day camp.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #894 on: June 08, 2019, 01:45:12 PM »

My new $30 smartwatch does call/text notification, counts steps, heartrate, sleep cycle - and some other stuff I don't recall.

My DH bought a second hand advanced watch with heart rate monitor. He has problems with his heart rate and it is nice to be able to keep and eye on it without using his normal heart rate monitor with breast belt. He uses it as an alarm clock as well, but he has turned off the synchronization with his phone. This way, the battery lasts longer. So, no email, sms and phone calls on his watch.

letsdoit

• Bristles
« Reply #895 on: June 10, 2019, 08:44:51 AM »
FYI,
 i know someone who thought they were having heart attack bc one of those monitors was showing crazy results. 
went to hospital in ambulance,  no probs w heart at all

flipboard

• Bristles
« Reply #896 on: June 10, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »
FYI,
 i know someone who thought they were having heart attack bc one of those monitors was showing crazy results. 
went to hospital in ambulance,  no probs w heart at all
Reminds of that study where yearly medical checkups (prior to the usual age where checkups are actually beneficial, i.e. before 50) were found to be... great for the doctors, who got extra business doing extra unnecessary work and not so great for the patients who ended up having more unnecessary operations/medication/etc.

letsdoit

• Bristles
« Reply #897 on: June 10, 2019, 10:48:03 AM »
“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing” voltaire

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #898 on: June 10, 2019, 01:23:12 PM »
“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing” voltaire

I think medicine has come a long ways since Voltaire.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #899 on: June 10, 2019, 02:55:19 PM »

I think medicine has come a long ways since Voltaire.

I'll have pancakes in the Age of Enlightenment