Author Topic: Overheard at the Gym or non-work places  (Read 32124 times)

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
Re: Overheard at the Gym or non-work places
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2016, 09:27:19 AM »
I've got another one from the gym. I was talking to the same guy as earlier and he mentioned going to each Vikings home game, I was curious as to prices because it's a new stadium and generally tickets go up. He said he paid a grand for the Packers game (first game at the stadium), don't know how much he paid for the other tickets but they can't be cheap....at least they aren't as much as the Packers game.

This is a guy that's commented about how ridiculous it is for someone to travel abroad. He's a great person and I love training with him, but I wish he got his head on right.

That's crazy. I actually bought Vikings season tickets this year but waited until they had some with no seat license. Upper deck endzone are just $52/game/seat. My son bought a pair near mine and sold his Packers tickets and 2 others and made back all his money so he could see 7 other games for free.

I did meet a guy on the plane in September who was headed to Mpls from Boston. He bought Vikings season tickets for the first time and was flying to every game! Don't think he was super rich but just loved the Vikes even though he was from MA.

Yeah, I know someone that used to fly to every away game to see it and he wasn't rich either. I wouldn't bring my friend up just for spending the money (well maybe I would), but rather because he does talk about how much things cost and how there are things that he would like to do instead (like traveling abroad). I've tried to talk to him about finances, namely not spending $1000 on a ticket or spending $300 per bar outing. At times he seems to get it but then he goes and does something else and seems to regret it later.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2016, 09:38:31 AM »
I've got another one from the gym. I was talking to the same guy as earlier and he mentioned going to each Vikings home game, I was curious as to prices because it's a new stadium and generally tickets go up. He said he paid a grand for the Packers game (first game at the stadium), don't know how much he paid for the other tickets but they can't be cheap....at least they aren't as much as the Packers game.

This is a guy that's commented about how ridiculous it is for someone to travel abroad. He's a great person and I love training with him, but I wish he got his head on right.

That's crazy. I actually bought Vikings season tickets this year but waited until they had some with no seat license. Upper deck endzone are just $52/game/seat. My son bought a pair near mine and sold his Packers tickets and 2 others and made back all his money so he could see 7 other games for free.

I did meet a guy on the plane in September who was headed to Mpls from Boston. He bought Vikings season tickets for the first time and was flying to every game! Don't think he was super rich but just loved the Vikes even though he was from MA.

Yeah, I know someone that used to fly to every away game to see it and he wasn't rich either. I wouldn't bring my friend up just for spending the money (well maybe I would), but rather because he does talk about how much things cost and how there are things that he would like to do instead (like traveling abroad). I've tried to talk to him about finances, namely not spending $1000 on a ticket or spending $300 per bar outing. At times he seems to get it but then he goes and does something else and seems to regret it later.
For me, that's the tipping point when a friend becomes an acquaintance.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2016, 12:38:21 PM »
Spending that much to watch field games kind of makes the $4K bicycle seem reasonable. I couldn't bring myself to spend like that on either topic but whatever floats your boat.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2016, 01:51:57 PM »

For me, that's the tipping point when a friend becomes an acquaintance.

That's a good point. Thus far I haven't spent much time with him besides training together at the gym and texting about fantasy football. Nearly all my friends are largely frugal that his actions stand out to me, I can't help but think "Is this what most people spend their money on?" I feel bad when I forget my lunch and spend $5 eating something.

dogboyslim

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2016, 01:54:20 PM »
Spending that much to watch field games kind of makes the $4K bicycle seem reasonable. I couldn't bring myself to spend like that on either topic but whatever floats your boat.

Where did you find a bike for as little as $4k?  ;)

misshathaway

• Bristles
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2016, 06:51:27 AM »
From somebody who is in her late 50's, WORKS IN FINANCE, and lives in a generally 100K+  annual salary town:

"I wish that my husband and I could retire early but we couldn't afford the health insurance."

Ebrat

• Stubble
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2016, 07:34:30 AM »

But shipping is free!

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2016, 03:19:57 PM »

I KNEW somebody would re-adjust my measure of how expensive a bike could be! ;) WOW! More expensive that every motorcycle I've ever owned - put together. Also more expensive than all my cars except one.

Shipping might be free but they better pedal it for me too for a while.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2016, 01:19:50 AM »
From somebody who is in her late 50's, WORKS IN FINANCE, and lives in a generally 100K+  annual salary town:

"I wish that my husband and I could retire early but we couldn't afford the health insurance."

Oh dear lord. Move to another part of the world, retire in a cheap country. You don't need to stay in a HCOL area and spend tens of thousands on health insurance forever.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2016, 07:36:14 AM »

Oh dear lord. Move to another part of the world, retire in a cheap country. You don't need to stay in a HCOL area and spend tens of thousands on health insurance forever.

And then you have Quebecers, who just whine about taxes being high (and who REALLY complain about how much liquor and lottery is taxed) and don't seem to notice the advantages. 

To be fair, taxes are (somewhat, but not terribly much) higher than what Americans pay. Earning a family income of 75K in the US vs in Canada gives a difference of a few thousand a year in taxes, sure. BUT.
- My FIL has cancer. My mother has rheumatoid artheritis. My father is getting a knee replacement. I'm pregnant with my second child (pre-natal care, hospital delivery, etc). Total out-of-pocket costs for the family (TOTAL): 0$.
- We have private health insurance through work; costs me about 150$/month for the family. Drug prescriptions? Covered. Massage therapy? Covered. Physiotherapy (SO HELPFUL WHEN PREGNANT): Covered. Glasses? Covered. Like... that's what decent private insurance covers here, because actual care is already covered.
- Once I have this kid, my husband is off work and paid for 6 weeks. I'm off work and paid for a year. Let's just say that my salary for those maternity leaves will exceed what I've paid in taxes EVER since I started working...

So, y'know. Considering JUST the medical care and maternity-related care, and disregarding everything else I get from living in Quebec... I'm ok with a 20$ bottle of vodka and high taxes on gambling and higher income taxes. Among other things, I'd pay more in healthcare costs in the US than I pay taxes in Quebec.

But do people see that?? Noooo. They whine.

TravelJunkyQC

• Bristles
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2016, 08:38:45 AM »

And then you have Quebecers, who just whine about taxes being high (and who REALLY complain about how much liquor and lottery is taxed) and don't seem to notice the advantages. 

To be fair, taxes are (somewhat, but not terribly much) higher than what Americans pay. Earning a family income of 75K in the US vs in Canada gives a difference of a few thousand a year in taxes, sure. BUT.
- My FIL has cancer. My mother has rheumatoid artheritis. My father is getting a knee replacement. I'm pregnant with my second child (pre-natal care, hospital delivery, etc). Total out-of-pocket costs for the family (TOTAL): 0$.
- We have private health insurance through work; costs me about 150$/month for the family. Drug prescriptions? Covered. Massage therapy? Covered. Physiotherapy (SO HELPFUL WHEN PREGNANT): Covered. Glasses? Covered. Like... that's what decent private insurance covers here, because actual care is already covered.
- Once I have this kid, my husband is off work and paid for 6 weeks. I'm off work and paid for a year. Let's just say that my salary for those maternity leaves will exceed what I've paid in taxes EVER since I started working...

So, y'know. Considering JUST the medical care and maternity-related care, and disregarding everything else I get from living in Quebec... I'm ok with a 20$ bottle of vodka and high taxes on gambling and higher income taxes. Among other things, I'd pay more in healthcare costs in the US than I pay taxes in Quebec.

Well of COURSE they don't see that - it would require them actually analyzing the situation and reflecting on things instead of blaming everyone and everything outside themselves. As someone who grew up in the States but has lived in Québec since 2004, I've seen both sides and it also irritates me to no end how much people complain here. Although I'm quite sure that there is more "upward financial mobility" in the States for those in high-demand fields and higher education*, the average family most likely ends up better off here in Québec (barring health-care, think about how much we pay for higher education versus what we have to pay in the States to put our kids through Uni).

There are pros and cons in both situations, as with everything in life, but I'd like to see a Quebecer making the average 45k here transfer to the States (even taking into account the exchange rate). Even with lower taxes, they'd flip their sh**.

*Example: my partner is working on a PhD in chemical engineering and water treatment - he won't be able to get the same type of salary here that he could in the States, and he'd most likely have health insurance coverage with a US company, which would probably even out the playing field.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2016, 08:56:50 AM »

Well of COURSE they don't see that - it would require them actually analyzing the situation and reflecting on things instead of blaming everyone and everything outside themselves. As someone who grew up in the States but has lived in Québec since 2004, I've seen both sides and it also irritates me to no end how much people complain here. Although I'm quite sure that there is more "upward financial mobility" in the States for those in high-demand fields and higher education*, the average family most likely ends up better off here in Québec (barring health-care, think about how much we pay for higher education versus what we have to pay in the States to put our kids through Uni).

There are pros and cons in both situations, as with everything in life, but I'd like to see a Quebecer making the average 45k here transfer to the States (even taking into account the exchange rate). Even with lower taxes, they'd flip their sh**.

*Example: my partner is working on a PhD in chemical engineering and water treatment - he won't be able to get the same type of salary here that he could in the States, and he'd most likely have health insurance coverage with a US company, which would probably even out the playing field.

Hah. Yeah. Education.

My husband graduated from his BA with what we consider 'a lot' of student loans. Total: 15K.

I remember my yearly tuition payments AND books AND fees at the best university in the province being under 5K/year. Total.

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2016, 09:12:13 AM »
As a single dude without kids between my share and what my employer pays, my ok health insurance is ~600$/month and I still have co-pays. 

I cut two fingers open last month, was 75$ copay at the 24hr clinic just to walk in the door.  Then with all the bs paper work I had to go back and forth with the insurance and the clinic billing department to get both both fingers covered and not just one cuz my insurance only covers one treatment per day.  Then to get the stitches taken out I would have had to pay a second 75$ copay but gf works at a vet office so she brought home stitch removal scissors.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2016, 09:18:23 AM »

Hah. Yeah. Education.

My husband graduated from his BA with what we consider 'a lot' of student loans. Total: 15K.

I remember my yearly tuition payments AND books AND fees at the best university in the province being under 5K/year. Total.
I need to move to Canada.

misshathaway

• Bristles
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2016, 11:22:12 AM »
I had to go back and forth with the insurance and the clinic billing department to get both both fingers covered and not just one cuz my insurance only covers one treatment per day.

LOL. Good thing it wasn't multiple gun shots.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2017, 12:54:43 PM »
I've got two more stories from my gym.

I.
I was at the gym the other day and got a phone call from a friend asking for details about going to the opera this Saturday. A teammate says she's interested in going and I tell her, "I can get you tickets to most opening nights for $30 a piece," which is over half off public prices. Her response, "I'm interseted but I don't have the money," and this is someone that

a. Goes to the same gym as me (this is a martial arts gym that isn't cheap)
b. Goes to a strength and conditioning gym that's easily more pricey than the martial arts gym
c. Gets a weekly private lesson from one of the coaches- this also costs more than A.

I took her statement to mean that going to the opera wasn't a priority for her, which is completely understandable.

II.

A teammate from the gym that borrowed $200 a month ago to ensure that she had money for food (she promptly paid me back) just joined the strength and conditioning gym mentioned above. She told me what they are going to charge her.

I will say that I have seen the before and after pictures of several teammates that train at the second gym and I can understand it's appeal but man is it expensive.

Meanwhile I'm debating whether or not I want to rejoin LA Fitness at $25/month (this is before insurance gives me $20 back for being a good boy) so that I can lift and do cardio in the morning when my martial arts gym is closed.

Roe

• Stubble
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
As a single dude without kids between my share and what my employer pays, my ok health insurance is ~600$/month and I still have co-pays. 

I cut two fingers open last month, was 75$ copay at the 24hr clinic just to walk in the door.  Then with all the bs paper work I had to go back and forth with the insurance and the clinic billing department to get both both fingers covered and not just one cuz my insurance only covers one treatment per day.  Then to get the stitches taken out I would have had to pay a second 75$ copay but gf works at a vet office so she brought home stitch removal scissors.

Does your girlfriend know you are single?

LiveLean

• Pencil Stache
    • ToLiveLean
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2017, 01:59:50 PM »
A funny thing happened on the weekend and this seems like the perfect place to talk about it.

I was in line with about 400 other people to see one of the funniest plays I've ever seen.  The line snaked past a bar and one of the regulars was standing outside smoking and making fun of all the people standing in line for the play.  She made a comment along the lines of how ridiculous it was for us to waste our lives standing in this line.  This from a person who spends most of her life standing outside in all kinds of shitty weather sucking on a tube of tobacco. 

So I calculated how much of her life was wasted smoking cigarettes not to mention how much money she has literally sent up in smoke.  If a former coworker was anything to go by...he would spend 15 minutes of every hour smoking...so that's ten cigarettes that I saw (I'm sure there were more per day)...so that is 912 hours per year standing outside smoking!   I have no idea what cigarettes cost but that's a lot of dough up in smoke.

I had a boss 22 years ago who got on me for taking a lunch break that could go as long as 90 minutes. Mind you, I scarfed down my lunch (that I brought from home) at my desk and took the 90 minutes to change at our hardly-used corporate gym, lift weights or go for a run, shower and return back to work, for which I was always the first to arrive and last to leave each day.

My boss, whom I otherwise liked, was a smoker. So five times a day he'd have to leave our 20th floor office and go outside to smoke. Figure 20 minute breaks, along with the time it takes to get refocused on work when he came back. And he'd often go out for lunch.

I follow him on social media. He's 60 now and still scrambling to stay relevant in the same dying field. I'm 12 years younger, working at what I want, well on my way to FIRE, and still in the best shape of my life. The next tobacco product I use will be my first.

Think of how smoking damages every aspect of your life, including your productivity and ability to reach FIRE.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 02:04:18 PM by LiveLean »

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2017, 02:16:12 PM »

Does your girlfriend know you are single?

I meant not married according to the govt :-)  But I have been single with the (ex) gf too for most all this year. 

Nederstash

• Bristles
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2017, 02:28:51 PM »
I have one... one of my friends, whom I absolutely adore, isn't the best with finances. She's up to her eyeballs in all sorts of debt: student loans, mortgage, personal loan, loan to start a business, loan for the car...

She travels exclusively by car (sidenote: Dutch and no bike... that borders on blasphemy) and recently, she mentioned her car was getting older so she needed a new one. The car is four years old... and the new car she wants is double in size and price. Now, I truly do like her and want the best for her, so I tried the gentle approach and asked her if she had calculated the added costs (insurance, taxes, higher mileage..). She hadn't. She started waxing lyrical about all the gadgets in the car. It seemed like no argument could make her change her mind. Not even the fact that an SUV sized car would be an absolute b**ch to navigate through the narrow streets of her town.

Fine, I thought. It's her money - or rather, the money of whoever will loan it - but ultimately not my problem. I pointed out the pitfalls and now I need to step back and let her lead her life. 40k decision or not.

The real kicker came later in the day. I told her my 'trusty rusty' (my bike) had given up on me in the middle of my commute and that I'd been searching for a replacement. Normally I'd go for a second hand bike, but I couldn't find any that I liked. I'm not sure if there's such a thing as a Bike Clown (as opposed to a Car Clown) but in the end, I wanted a very specific bike because I do spend quite some time on it. I told her I spent 500 euro on it.

She looked at me like I'd grown two heads. "I can't believe you'd spend that much on a bike. Are you serious?" Me: "Err..Yes..?" Her: "That's just way too much. What a waste." Then she shook her head in disappointment and left to make coffee.

I admit I could've lowered my standards and spent 300 euro less on a second hand bike, but the irony of her impending 30,000 euro overspending is not lost on me. Why is it that cars are some sort of exemption on math and money? The only thing that seems to matter is what you want, not what you need or can afford. I'm still a little stunned.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2017, 01:55:36 PM »
My gym is having a one-day sale in about a month. They just posted that one of the specials will be 15% plus a free gift* if you prepay a year's membership in advance. This is a fantastic deal as I know that I will be going there for the next year. I wonder if there are going to be people that wish they could do this but don't have that much money lying around.

*Gift is either 16oz gloves or a gi, both worth around $100 so nothing to sneeze at

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2017, 03:49:44 AM »

Google tells me that three are 200 cigs in a carton and a brand name carton of cigs costs roughly $40.

depends where you are, here in Australia a 20 pack of cigarettes costs about $22

Bloody hell, seriously?

I remember putting a brand new $2 coin into vending machines at the Valley nightclubs in the 80s and getting a 20 pack. I'm glad I don't smoke any more.

sirspendstoomuch

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2017, 09:03:43 AM »
A funny thing happened on the weekend and this seems like the perfect place to talk about it.

I was in line with about 400 other people to see one of the funniest plays I've ever seen.  The line snaked past a bar and one of the regulars was standing outside smoking and making fun of all the people standing in line for the play.  She made a comment along the lines of how ridiculous it was for us to waste our lives standing in this line.  This from a person who spends most of her life standing outside in all kinds of shitty weather sucking on a tube of tobacco. 

So I calculated how much of her life was wasted smoking cigarettes not to mention how much money she has literally sent up in smoke.  If a former coworker was anything to go by...he would spend 15 minutes of every hour smoking...so that's ten cigarettes that I saw (I'm sure there were more per day)...so that is 912 hours per year standing outside smoking!   I have no idea what cigarettes cost but that's a lot of dough up in smoke.

Google tells me that three are 200 cigs in a carton and a brand name carton of cigs costs roughly $40.

Your mustache is showing.  I don't know any smokers that buy by the carton.  Here in PA you are at 8-9 a pack.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2017, 09:31:10 AM »
Just a few years ago I figured out finally what cigarettes cost after seeing ads on the convenience store window. The cost is staggering to me. At one time everyone I knew smoked except DW and myself. Now there are maybe two or three people in that same group.

We have a family picture of everyone sitting around a holiday meal and the amount of smoke hanging in the air is just amazing. Adults smoking, us kids getting our dose of secondhand smoke, etc. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:34:08 AM by Just Joe »

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2017, 09:48:12 PM »

Your mustache is showing.  I don't know any smokers that buy by the carton.  Here in PA you are at 8-9 a pack.

in Australia they are about $30 a pack. and about $200 a carton, depending on what brand you buy, I know one of my work colleagues pays $250 a carton
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:49:44 PM by nnls »

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2017, 08:34:07 AM »

in Australia they are about $30 a pack. and about $200 a carton, depending on what brand you buy, I know one of my work colleagues pays $250 a carton

One of my coworkers went through a personal budget analysis and the financial counselor almost flipped the table when he wrote down that he spent more on cigarettes than food and his biggest utility combined. Only his rent was more and not by much. 

ice_beard

• Bristles
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2017, 04:06:10 PM »
The ad at the bottom of this page was from Discover and it had something to the effect of "deserving" something. 
I guess the advertisers don't realize when that word is being used in this thread it is being made fun of. 

Internet advertising seems like such a waste of money to me.  Do people actually pay for it?? 

martyconlonontherun

• Bristles
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2017, 05:49:42 PM »
That reminds me of when a friend had her car broken into, and her purse was stolen.   She told me later about making the police report.   "I told them that the thief got my Vuarnet sunglasses, and I said 'I know that probably EVERYBODY says that their Vuarnet sunglasses were stolen, but mine really were!'"    Confused, I said "What the hell are Vuarnet sunglasses?"   She looked at me like I was stupid and said "Designer sunglasses that cost, like, $200.  Duh."

Whatever.   I buy $20 sunglasses from the drugstore.   No one wants to steal those.

Coworker just got back from a 6-day work trip abroad and her luggage was lost. She mentioned that since it was an international the airline would cover up to $1.7k, She said that might be enough. I don't think my entire ward robe (including sports gear) costs that much. I wanted to ask what the hell was in the bag without me sounding super judgy or getting too deep into what women travel with that costs so much. I thought it was better to exit the conversation.

nwhiker

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2017, 09:29:03 PM »
Listening to the radio I heard a car dealership advertisement. Apparently they will calculate your tax return and give you a loan based on refund.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2017, 11:15:31 PM »
Not technically overheard, but it’s a good one.

Husband was talking to his friend about a trip the friend was about to take with his brother. The brother was traveling from Canada to Mexico to undergo gastric bypass surgery because he just couldn’t be bothered to eat properly and exercise (I assume). This guy was not morbidly obese or anywhere near it (this type of surgery is covered in Canada if medically necessary and lifestyle changes alone have not been effective)... maybe he was 50-75lbs overweight.

So, fly to Mexico, pay around 5k for unnecessary, dangerous surgery, I assume take time off work for further recovery... all because modifying your behaviour is too much trouble?! My mind is completely boggled by this.

Dave1442397

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2017, 01:32:01 PM »
Listening to the radio I heard a car dealership advertisement. Apparently they will calculate your tax return and give you a loan based on refund.

I just got a letter from a local GM dealership that said I can get their rebates in cash to buy Christmas presents, while getting a 72+ month loan on the new vehicle. Awesome!

RFAAOATB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2017, 10:55:12 PM »

Husband was talking to his friend about a trip the friend was about to take with his brother. The brother was traveling from Canada to Mexico to undergo gastric bypass surgery because he just couldn’t be bothered to eat properly and exercise (I assume). This guy was not morbidly obese or anywhere near it (this type of surgery is covered in Canada if medically necessary and lifestyle changes alone have not been effective)... maybe he was 50-75lbs overweight.

So, fly to Mexico, pay around 5k for unnecessary, dangerous surgery, I assume take time off work for further recovery... all because modifying your behaviour is too much trouble?! My mind is completely boggled by this.

I've heard quitting smoking is quite difficult.  There are all sorts of tobacco quit aids available such as pills and patches.  I used to smoke and it took me a few times to give it up cold turkey before it stuck permanently.  I'm still about 50lbs overweight.  I'm willing to bet that maintaining a low enough caloric intake to permanently remain low weight is harder than quitting smoking.  The line between some food and too much food is more difficult to balance than no cigarettes ever.  Atleast it is for me.  I would drop 5k right now if I knew it would work to keep me permanently under 200lbs.  That's only one year's worth of IRA contribution for decades of quality of life improvement. 

ice_beard

• Bristles
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2017, 10:47:54 AM »
1st person "Do you guys remember Beanie Babies?  I have a huge box full of them!"
2nd person "They aren't worth anything today, even Goodwill won't take them."
1st person ""

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2017, 08:42:39 AM »

I've heard quitting smoking is quite difficult.  There are all sorts of tobacco quit aids available such as pills and patches.  I used to smoke and it took me a few times to give it up cold turkey before it stuck permanently.  I'm still about 50lbs overweight.  I'm willing to bet that maintaining a low enough caloric intake to permanently remain low weight is harder than quitting smoking.  The line between some food and too much food is more difficult to balance than no cigarettes ever.  Atleast it is for me.  I would drop 5k right now if I knew it would work to keep me permanently under 200lbs.  That's only one year's worth of IRA contribution for decades of quality of life improvement.

++++

Kill your sugar intake. That's what I learned this week.

hudsoncat

• Bristles
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2017, 07:35:43 AM »
TO go along with the "What you deserve" vibe, a local credit union has billboards around town that say something like "Explore our personal loan options to help with the necessities of life." One has pictures of a wedding, another has pictures of a kids birthday party. Can you imagine going into debt or a wedding or a kids birthday party?!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!