Author Topic: Online dating profile comedy  (Read 32553 times)

Julard

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Online dating profile comedy
« on: September 30, 2016, 02:10:15 AM »
"I drive a classic Mercedes Benz sports car. And the woman I seek will know that the car a man drives is the mark of the man".

Hah!  Indeed it is.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
Re: Online dating profile comedy
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 04:18:06 AM »
While it is fair to post that here,  I get the sense he is wanting to attract the wrong sort of lady...

Mississippi Mudstache

• Handlebar Stache
    • A Riving Home - Ramblings of a Recusant Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 07:29:16 AM »
Shit. What does that say about me that I drive a Toyota Prius with 178,000 miles and dents from a raccoon, a deer, and a hailstorm? Oh yeah, it says that my net worth is in the 98th percentile for my age group.

Cromacster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 07:38:16 AM »
"I drive a hatchback with the back seats removed for storage space and a dog crate.  When we travel the woman will know that we will save money by sleeping in it.....probably with the dog".

The women, they would flock....

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 07:48:28 AM »
"I drive a hatchback with the back seats removed for storage space and a dog crate.  When we travel the woman will know that we will save money by sleeping in it.....probably with the dog".

I'm.... doing exactly that later tonight for that exact reason with the car we bought last weekend.

Not quite badass enough to sleep in it though, unfortunately.

sonjak

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 08:20:54 AM »

LMAO

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 08:38:19 AM »
"I drive a classic Mercedes Benz sports car. And the woman I seek will know that the car a man drives is the mark of the man".

Hah!  Indeed it is.

As a woman, I know that man is indeed a mark.

+1

NoStacheOhio

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 10:04:19 AM »
Shit. What does that say about me that I drive a Toyota Prius with 178,000 miles and dents from a raccoon, a deer, and a hailstorm? Oh yeah, it says that my net worth is in the 98th percentile for my age group.

For your consideration: http://jalopnik.com/real-ass-deer-fights-driver-after-getting-run-over-die-1787255568?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 10:10:16 AM »

Talk to me when you have dents from a moose encounter. Or an incident with geese. Geese are mean bastards and they would mess up your car a lot worse than a raccoon.

Roadsidetreasurehunter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 10:26:12 AM »
I drive a 2005 Nissan Murano with 78000 miles, it's in perfect condition and well loved.  Someone recently laughed out loud at me because my car is 11 years old...I thought wow, really....the body style hasn't even changed that much.  To each his own....

trek240

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 11:22:14 AM »
While it is fair to post that here,  I get the sense he is wanting to attract the wrong sort of lady...

Hes the sort of man that can only attract women with ostentatious displays of wealth. I'm sure he'll find a woman to fleece him for all he's worth, and then dump him for her next mark.

Mississippi Mudstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 11:38:48 AM »

For your consideration: http://jalopnik.com/real-ass-deer-fights-driver-after-getting-run-over-die-1787255568?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Haha. The deer I hit skittered across the road like a rag doll launch from a catapult. Wasn't much fight left in him by the time I came to a stop.

Talk to me when you have dents from a moose encounter. Or an incident with geese. Geese are mean bastards and they would mess up your car a lot worse than a raccoon.

No moose where I live. A cow would be my worst nightmare, but luckily they don't tend to dart in front of you like deer. And believe it or not, the raccoon did considerably more damage than the deer. It's all about where you hit, and how fast you're going. I smacked the coon doing 75 on the interstate and never even had a chance to tap the breaks. Destroyed my bumper and the plastic grill, but nothing a few zip-ties can't "fix".
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:42:24 AM by Mississippi Mudstache »

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 12:05:42 PM »
I drive a 2005 Nissan Murano with 78000 miles, it's in perfect condition and well loved.  Someone recently laughed out loud at me because my car is 11 years old...I thought wow, really....the body style hasn't even changed that much.  To each his own....

But you just have to have that new grill though!!!

This is what happens when advertising brainwashes people for 40 years into thinking they need a certain level of 'newness' in their lives.  Heaven forbid we use something older and superior (like solid wood furniture, wood burning stoves, hand-made fully leather hiking boots, cast iron, wool or silk, etc).  What a level of crap.

2005:

2016:

infogoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 12:10:21 PM »
Not the drop-top?

NoVa

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 12:27:12 PM »

But you just have to have that new grill though!!!

This is what happens when advertising brainwashes people for 40 years into thinking they need a certain level of 'newness' in their lives.  Heaven forbid we use something older and superior (like solid wood furniture, wood burning stoves, hand-made fully leather hiking boots, cast iron, wool or silk, etc).  What a level of crap.

2005:

2016:

I like the old grill better? (true!)

jfolsen

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 12:51:48 PM »

Haha. The deer I hit skittered across the road like a rag doll launch from a catapult. Wasn't much fight left in him by the time I came to a stop.

No moose where I live. A cow would be my worst nightmare, but luckily they don't tend to dart in front of you like deer. And believe it or not, the raccoon did considerably more damage than the deer. It's all about where you hit, and how fast you're going. I smacked the coon doing 75 on the interstate and never even had a chance to tap the breaks. Destroyed my bumper and the plastic grill, but nothing a few zip-ties can't "fix".

Really glad you wrote the bolded part because I was about to ask what the hell kind of demon racoon did you hit.

Cows are smart enough to stay out of the way of cars, in my experience. I've never had a beef with cows. Moose and deer otoh, are pretty dimwitted.

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 01:53:49 PM »
Cows are smart enough to stay out of the way of cars, in my experience. I've never had a beef with cows. Moose and deer otoh, are pretty dimwitted.
You give cows significantly more credit than I think they are due....

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 02:01:34 PM »

So, you could call that your Gold Digger Deflection Cloak?

Mississippi Mudstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 02:07:58 PM »

So, you could call that your Gold Digger Deflection Cloak?

I should put that on a bumper sticker!

newelljack

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 02:17:11 PM »

Maybe you can just steer clear of the cows more easily. Seriously, how did nobody else jump on that pun?

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 02:20:18 PM »

Maybe you can just steer clear of the cows more easily. Seriously, how did nobody else jump on that pun?

IDK. I'm udderly disappointed in this forum.

Indio

• Bristles
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 02:31:27 PM »

You are milking this one for all it's worth. :)

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 02:36:49 PM »

I think we need to just moove on.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 02:42:50 PM »

We can't stop now, the steaks are too high.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM »

There ain't time for this bull...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:26:33 PM by MgoSam »

chesebert

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »
I walk or take public transportation. What does that say about me?

Stachey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 07:05:06 PM »
You're not part of the herd.

Nederstash

• Bristles
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 10:47:24 AM »
You guys are really milking it.

ETA damn that one was done already! I'm feeling cowed by your bovine puns
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:49:14 AM by Nederstash »

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 02:30:49 PM »

Hah!  Indeed it is.

Am I too vulgar if my first thought was "So you want women to know you're compensating"?

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 02:55:52 PM »
Hit a cow and your car will get creamed!

As for the OP...  That attitude in a guy would be more like a stain than a mark to me.  I have a 94 ram and an 02 escape, and they both look like they've been well used.  But, they have working ac and run great, so that's all I care about!

One of the funniest profiles I've read ended with something like "if you're not interested in a date, maybe you need to buy some hay.  I have lots of hay for sale, in x sized bales, I can load, for $x."  Good country boy right there :)

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »
I came back here-for-d cow puns...

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 06:05:42 PM »
   I keep a stick in my Prius to fight off the super models, Oddly I have never had to use it. :)

FIREby35

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 06:47:50 PM »
This is extra funny to me because I am selling my 2004 Prius, salvage title, well used car for 2k. Sound just like a lot of you. I am buying a 1991 MB  SL300 convertible that originally listed for 85k for....7k. I'm buying it bc it is a convertible and, well, why the hell not since I'm in the 98th percentile (or something) of wealth for my age group. I've been driving the Prius during the 0-500k portion of my FI journey. So, I feel it has served its purpose.

The funny thing is, I was not worried about attracting women (I've been happily married for 8 years), but losing my Mustachian Street Cred. Ultimately, I got over worrying about what anyone else thought and bought the car. Zen achieved.

Indio

• Bristles
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2016, 06:48:12 PM »

How about some sirloin, without the side of cowpie?

Or maybe we should stop since it's pasture bedtime.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 07:12:44 AM »

Your deer wasn't trying hard enough - a skilled deer should be able to take down your car.  Moose - well a moose can take down a car without even noticing.

TravelJunkyQC

• Bristles
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2016, 07:45:02 AM »

I had a 98 subaru impreza hatchback that was great for car-camping.

Remember that sometimes women have issues as well when we're mustachian. Not everyone wants to hear, "Hi, I'm TravelJunkyQC. I like taking naps in the dirt, rock-climbing, and not showering for days at a time when I'm in the woods. I have callousy hands and bruised knees all the time. I'm fancy like that."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:52:21 AM by TravelJunkyQC »

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2016, 08:28:43 AM »

Really glad you wrote the bolded part because I was about to ask what the hell kind of demon racoon did you hit.

Someone I knew came around a curve on a rural highway and drove right into a stray herd of cows. They hit one and it crumpled every piece of steel and plastic on the front of the vehicle. Cow was perfectly unharmed but did seem to give a few dirty looks as it crawled off of the car's front.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 09:34:44 AM »

You are trying to make me quit. I refuse. Now is the time to grab the bull by the horns.

NESailor

• Bristles
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 10:26:27 AM »

You are trying to make me quit. I refuse. Now is the time to grab the bull by the horns.

Best exchange I've read in a long time.  I could do this 'til the cows come home.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2016, 10:47:52 AM »
This thread has become an udder drag... (not really! keep it coming!)

joleran

• Bristles
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2016, 10:52:14 AM »
Someone I knew came around a curve on a rural highway and drove right into a stray herd of cows. They hit one and it crumpled every piece of steel and plastic on the front of the vehicle. Cow was perfectly unharmed but did seem to give a few dirty looks as it crawled off of the car's front.

Cows don't care at all.  I'm sure that cow was just like "HEY I'M WALKING HERE" Pacino-style.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »

I had a 98 subaru impreza hatchback that was great for car-camping.

Remember that sometimes women have issues as well when we're mustachian. Not everyone wants to hear, "Hi, I'm TravelJunkyQC. I like taking naps in the dirt, rock-climbing, and not showering for days at a time when I'm in the woods. I have callousy hands and bruised knees all the time. I'm fancy like that."
I used to tease my husband that I married him for his car.

A 1986 hatch back Chevy Nova, with lots of rust spots.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2016, 12:57:21 PM »
I look at cars and spouses this way:
If your spouse accepts that you drive an older/used/Mustachian car, then spouse will accept your physical and mental state as time goes by.
If your spouse loves your choice of shiny depreciating ride, that you get every 3 years, you can bet your rear end that spouse will high tail as soon as your physical and mental state shows signs of (natural) wear.
p>0.5 for both cases
source: anecdote and observations. very sciensy.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2016, 02:03:40 PM »

Best exchange I've read in a long time.  I could do this 'til the cows come home.

There is a large range of cow puns we can inflict on each other. But we should wrap it up before the mods take it out of our hides.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2016, 03:04:46 PM »

There is a large range of cow puns we can inflict on each other. But we should wrap it up before the mods take it out of our hides.

Right kids, I'm going to hit you all so hard with a leather strap you'll jump over the moon!

a1pharm

• Stubble
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2016, 05:00:50 PM »

Right kids, I'm going to hit you all so hard with a leather strap you'll jump over the moon!

This is way to cheesy.  But in all seriousness, the rareness of this entire exchange is well-done!  I hope my thinly "vealed" enthusiasm doesn't graze by you unnoticed...

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2016, 05:48:32 PM »
Be careful or the mods will horn in on all the fun.

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2016, 07:12:12 PM »
Be careful or the mods will horn in on all the fun.

Maybe they can be bribed with cow pies?  Or buffalo chips?

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2016, 07:14:30 PM »

This is way to cheesy.  But in all seriousness, the rareness of this entire exchange is well-done!  I hope my thinly "vealed" enthusiasm doesn't graze by you unnoticed...

I don't know, might be time to cud it out.

yakamashii

• Stubble
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2016, 01:48:00 AM »

I don't know, might be time to cud it out.

Looks like we have more time to ruminate.