Author Topic: No, I won't buy into your MLM  (Read 639451 times)

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
Re: No, I won't buy into your MLM
« Reply #1350 on: August 13, 2020, 04:57:33 AM »
Now my friend from undergrad who hawks Color Street (press-on nail polish) and some not publicly identified cosmetics (message her for details!) is now advertising some wonder product that will improve your posture and eliminate both back fat and the need to wear a bra. Of course, we can’t actually get the name of the product unless we express interest on her Facebook wall, at which point she will PM an invitation to a Facebook “party.”

Nope. I am grateful, however, that she isn’t the type to just spam everyone in her contact list.

anni

• Stubble
« Reply #1351 on: August 18, 2020, 12:33:20 PM »
I was on vacation with family once and got a bad sore throat. My aunt got upset when I (tried to) politely refuse the doterra essential oil pills her DIL had sold her v__v

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1352 on: August 18, 2020, 01:07:30 PM »
So I'm a bit of a mean girl, but a friend who has been doing click funnels (I have no idea what she sells....I've looked at her websites and never figured it out- I think she literally sells the idea of funnels. I have never figured out what click funnels are and she's posted about them for years) posted about how excited she was after 5 years to be joining the 2 comma club.  Which is revenue through your first funnel, not profit.

I really wanted to post- "I'm in the actual 2 comma club thanks to MMM philosophy, how many of those commas do you have in your bank accounts?"

Also there is a $250 (?!) application fee for a 2comma club award from Click Funnels.  WHY? Why would you pay that? Are you trying to lose a comma?
(I mean I recognize apparently only 1% of their marketers get this award, so she's likely doing really well. But she was making high six figures as a professional engineer, so she was already doing really well).  But it's not a real two commas...)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 02:33:59 PM by I'm a red panda »

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1353 on: August 18, 2020, 02:09:36 PM »
So I'm a bit of a mean girl, but a friend who has been doing click funnels (I have no idea what she sells....I've looked at her websites and never figured it out- I think she literally sells the idea of funnels. I have never figured out what click funnels are and she's posted about them for years) posted about how excited she was after 5 years to be joining the 2 comma club.  Which is revenue through your first funnel, not profit.

I really wanted to post- "I'm in the actual 2 comma club thanks to MMM philosophy, how many of those commas do you have in your bank accounts?"

Also there is a $250 (?!) application fee for a 2comma club award from Click Funnels.  WHY? Why would you pay that? Are you trying to lose a comma?

I just fell down a hole trying to figure out WTF this shit is, and holy hell have they aggressively put their own messaging out there. It's hard to find anything online about them that isn't marketing copy.

From what I can tell though, it's a tool for building websites to sell things, which ostensibly is supposed to make it more effective to sell whatever shit you sell online. However, they also have a crazy 40% affiliate program, so a lot of people who use it, actually make more money by promoting the software than actually using it to sell their whatever online.

That's why the internet is lousy with marketing copy, because pretty much anyone who uses it as a product will then becomes an aggressive shill for the software, which gives the illusion that software itself is actually so amazing that that's why people are promoting it so much.

At least, that's how I understand it.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #1354 on: August 18, 2020, 02:26:28 PM »
I was on vacation with family once and got a bad sore throat. My aunt got upset when I (tried to) politely refuse the doterra essential oil pills her DIL had sold her v__v

I have a  bad habit of calling them "non-essential oils".

One of my many hobbies is amateur perfumery (my hearing is shot and my vision has never been great-- I might as well make use of one of the few senses I have left). I use several different kinds of essential oil to create fragrances of my own. However the markup on most of them is insane, most of them are highly flammable, some are dangerous to apply to the skin, and they're sold and used without regard to what they're supposed to be used for. A lot of the time the highly pure, ultra-refined stuff is *not* what you want to use in a burner or in a candle, and a small amount in a synthetic carrier oil is often better for the job at hand. Furthermore, most people can't tell the difference between the different kinds of carriers by smell, taste, or texture alone. They pay a fortune for something they can't personally detect.

Chris Pascale

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1355 on: August 18, 2020, 10:28:35 PM »
Now my friend from undergrad who hawks Color Street (press-on nail polish) and some not publicly identified cosmetics (message her for details!) is now advertising some wonder product that will improve your posture and eliminate both back fat and the need to wear a bra. Of course, we can’t actually get the name of the product unless we express interest on her Facebook wall, at which point she will PM an invitation to a Facebook “party.”

Nope. I am grateful, however, that she isn’t the type to just spam everyone in her contact list.

Reply with, "But without back fat, where will my man lay his weary head at night?"

kite

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1356 on: August 25, 2020, 02:53:59 PM »

I just finished watching the “Un-Well” series on Netflix.  I used to think of those essential oils as a mostly harmless waste of money. But they’re genuinely dangerous for those who are constantly exposing themselves to irritants for no conceivable reason. 

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #1357 on: August 25, 2020, 03:50:14 PM »

I just finished watching the “Un-Well” series on Netflix.  I used to think of those essential oils as a mostly harmless waste of money. But they’re genuinely dangerous for those who are constantly exposing themselves to irritants for no conceivable reason.

Most Doterra vendors can't explain what happens when citrus oil or cinnamon oil is absorbed into the skin. Nor do they appear to be aware that wood oils, almost completely without exception, are known carcinogens. The lack of safety awareness is heartbreaking. They can't even tell you what to do if you happen to get some of their product in your eye.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #1358 on: August 25, 2020, 05:25:07 PM »

Most Doterra vendors can't explain what happens when citrus oil or cinnamon oil is absorbed into the skin. Nor do they appear to be aware that wood oils, almost completely without exception, are known carcinogens. The lack of safety awareness is heartbreaking. They can't even tell you what to do if you happen to get some of their product in your eye.

My brother had some oils that you dipped a toothpick in and munched on that for taste. It was probably manufactured as a tobacco thing, but that is how he used them. The very young foster kids got into the cinnamon one. Three children and several years of foster kids and that was the only time Mom ever called poison control.

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1359 on: August 25, 2020, 07:19:57 PM »

I just fell down a hole trying to figure out WTF this shit is, and holy hell have they aggressively put their own messaging out there. It's hard to find anything online about them that isn't marketing copy.

Wow, you weren't kidding. I thought certainly Quora would tell me something... 46 answers to "what are click funnels?" and every one of them is trying to sell it.

UpNAtom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1360 on: August 26, 2020, 07:44:01 AM »

Wow, you weren't kidding. I thought certainly Quora would tell me something... 46 answers to "what are click funnels?" and every one of them is trying to sell it.

Makes me feel like the creator(s) had a sense of humour evil and jokingly made their pyramid scheme a "reverse funnel".

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #1361 on: August 26, 2020, 09:02:23 AM »
The Optavia pusher on my feed is offering to help people change their lives "not an MLM." Oh, so you won't mention Optavia like you generally do?

I asked for ideas on cooking veggies in the microwave during the heatwave and got a Tupperware pusher trying to get me to join their page for all the great recipes.

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
« Reply #1362 on: August 26, 2020, 01:01:24 PM »
Haven't seen it in years but now ColorStreet is suddenly popular on Nextdoor again.

And there's been a ton of Herbalife/magical weight loss juice/pills/lipo posts lately as well.

I'm a lead for my neighborhood, so I take great pleasure in zapping all that MLM crap off there. :)

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1363 on: August 26, 2020, 04:02:11 PM »

I got hives just reading the term "wood oils".  I had to remind myself that what I read is not in the room.  I touch pine sap or breath pine pollen and I am a mess for days.  I think cedar and oak are likely issues too, but have been staying away.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1364 on: August 26, 2020, 05:07:19 PM »
One friend on FB is for whatever reason dipping her toe into the Usborne book thing or whatever it's called. She did it once, I will forgive it. Next time, I'll ask her what's up.

An acquaintance on FB is trying to lose weight/get healthier. To help, she's drinking some sort of powder that is supposed to aid weight loss. I think the impact is probably more that she's drinking more water and is eating less junk food. And she has 3 big dogs. How about you just take each of them on long walks, every day? Good for the dog, good exercise for her.

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1365 on: August 26, 2020, 05:42:44 PM »
my cousin has just got into lereve and is trying to sell me skin care, candles and oils. I am hoping she stops talking to me about it soon

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1366 on: August 27, 2020, 09:59:11 AM »
when a MLM hawker approaches me, I ask how much commission they get, their team lead, and the person above them.
if they give numbers or say some, I ask the seller "why is it that you're making the effort but their combined commission is same or more than yours?"
then i ask them if they paid for inventory. mostly that's a yes.
finally i turn the conversation around and tell them they're getting robbed in daylight.
final Q: why are you paying to get robbed?
at that point they usually walk away realizing i'm not parting with my money.

don't know why it is, but at the military customer facility i go to weekly, there's tons of minivans and SUVs with MLM nonsense stuck on the rear windscreen.

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1367 on: August 27, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »

don't know why it is, but at the military customer facility i go to weekly, there's tons of minivans and SUVs with MLM nonsense stuck on the rear windscreen.

Military spouses that move every couple of years and therefore have a hard time establishing a career are a target audience for MLMs.  Add in being moms with limited education = perfect victim.

Master of None

• Bristles
« Reply #1368 on: August 27, 2020, 12:34:13 PM »

Military spouses that move every couple of years and therefore have a hard time establishing a career are a target audience for MLMs.  Add in being moms with limited education = perfect victim.

Not only that, but they move around and get to meet potential new victims customers wherever they go.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1369 on: August 27, 2020, 12:49:30 PM »

Not only that, but they move around and get to meet potential new victims customers wherever they go.

Not really. Military markets are totally saturated with sales reps.  No one who just PCSed is going to be introducing anything new.  It's going to be even harder for them to re-establish a customer base.

CraigLePaige

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1370 on: September 15, 2020, 02:23:35 AM »
Hello everyone!

Its been awhile since I posted here. I had cancelled my previous account but decided to come back (Using my same old name)  because I need some positivity in my life and to tell you all about a phone call I received yesterday.

I was working yesterday when my phone rang. A California number which I don't have saved showed up on my cell screen. I decided, not really sure why, that instead of hanging up the call like I normally would for numbers I don't know that I would instead use let Google caller id answer for me. This tells the person I'm screening the call and types out any response given by the caller. To my amazement, a person I haven't spoken to for over a decade identifies himself. I automatically answer the call because I actually enjoy speaking with him and since our relationship revolves around me working on his vehicles, I'm thinking he's calling to have me quote a vehicle repair over the phone. Buuuuuuuuttt of course that's not it.

After a few minutes catching up, I learned he's now in California which surprises me because I'm in Ohio, so maybe he's not calling for me to work on one of his cars but instead to see if he can refer me to someone else local. As you can see I'm still thinking positively. This all turns to shit when he says, "You might be wondering why I'm calling you after all these years?" I reply I'm confused since it seems he's definitely not calling for what we normally used to revolves around. Then he lays it out, "I started a business and it's booming and I'm looking to expand and you were one of the first people I thought of."

At that moment my spider senses were bgoing off like crazy. Why would he be thinking of me when I can't even recall the last time we spoke? I honestly can't recall his face, it's been that long. He also has absolutely no clue what the heck I've been up to for all these years, for all he knows I'm a drug addict, alcoholic and a thief. Like, why are you offering me a business opportunity from across the US?

So I respond, "Hmmm, okay."

And he goes on his sales pitch.

He's been a financial planner for over 5 years, business is booming, he has a bunch of guys working for him across the US, all making lots of money which he keeps calling "Passive Residual Income" (WTF?) and now he wants to "Open an office" in Ohio and needs me to make it happen.

Like bro, what the actual fuck? You have absolutely no fucking clue who I am or what the fuck I've been up to in over a decade. I automatically thought of WFG/Primerica bullshit, since years ago I tried, unsuccessfully to stop a friend from getting into it before she wasted over $2k in the scheme and I'm ready to throw the phone at the wall. What was I thinking answering the call???

So I ask who the company he works for is to confirm but of course he doesn't give me a straight answer but goes around it by telling me I'll be my own boss, work how many hours I want, start part time and build from there all the while repeating, "It's all about that Passive Residual Income!".

I told him I'm not looking for any more work, I'm perfectly fine doing what I'm currently doing but of course he wants to show me the training, via a Zoom call, which will only take like 20 minutes and will help me identify what points, in m my own financial life, I need to work on.

"So when can I out you down for?" He asks.

Like an idiot, instead of telling him the truth, I tried to avoid the obvious conversation which is that he's calling me after all these years not because he cares but because to him, I guess I'm an easy mark which will go along with it and be part of his downline.

I told him I wasn't sure what time would work for me and that I would let him know later. He asked for my email address to keep in contact and I gave it to him just to get off the phone.

He "Penciled me" for Saturday at noon and said he would send me the Zoom link for that day, just to make sure I got in before anyone else cause "he thought of me right away".

I got the email yesterday, about a half hour after we hung up. Still no desdripyof the company, business model, real way to open up an office across the nation etc etc. Just a "It was fun catching up. Glad you want to be on board. Here's the zoom link."

I spent the last hour typing and retyping my response because at first I wanted to tell him to go fuck himself but decided to instead to tell him, without personal details, that my wife and I save/invest over 30% of out income. Se have no debt but a mortgage and will be FIRE by the time I'm 52yo. I don't need his services and neither do I care to become someone's downline since I know all about WFG/Primerica/Transmerica having tried stopping a good friend from getting involved in it before she lost a lot of money.

I blocked his number and after he responds to the email, I do want to read it, will send his emails to the spam list.

I hate MLM scum.

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1371 on: September 15, 2020, 04:38:16 AM »

That is really sad.  I hate the whole "I run my own business" female empowerment spiel that they sell to SAHMs mostly.  It's just so awful how they exploit these womens' wish to work outside the home.

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1372 on: September 15, 2020, 05:18:40 AM »
This is an MLM story from a few years back.

When I resigned a job to have more time to care for my mother who was sick with cancer, one of my coworkers offered me some doTerra essential oils, as an alternative treatment for her cancer.

Only now am I realizing how screwed up that was.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1373 on: September 15, 2020, 05:21:28 AM »

So I ask who the company he works for is to confirm but of course he doesn't give me a straight answer but goes around it by telling me I'll be my own boss, work how many hours I want, start part time and build from there all the while repeating, "It's all about that Passive Residual Income!".

When it sounds like he's reading from a script and not even acknowledging what you're saying, it's because that's precisely what's happening.

CraigLePaige

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1374 on: September 15, 2020, 07:12:55 AM »

When it sounds like he's reading from a script and not even acknowledging what you're saying, it's because that's precisely what's happening.

It was so annoying. I actually thought he had called because he wanted my services and valued my work but it wasn't so. I can't believe he would call someone he hasn't spoken to in over a decade, out of the blue, to pitch a MLM scheme. So infuriating and disrespectful.

CraigLePaige

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1375 on: September 15, 2020, 08:55:06 AM »
This was his response email:

I'm happy that you and your family are doing well financially.   Many families are not.  Every business in the USA is a MLM.  Their just titled, named differently.  The problem is that we are on the wrong side of it.  Think about this,  " what if " I can achieve all those goal under 2 yrs and  have a business that generates $30,000 plus per month!  Create a legacy for my kids,  generational wealth.  So they never have a boss!  That's what it all about! Paying it forward to teach others that they also can do it.. Nothing else.. See, working for someone will never give the opportunity to do that.  You guys are hella sharp, but your on the wrong side of the spectrum.   Think about it and let me know. 

P.S.  It's about achieving freedom sooner than later and building a business that you can pass to your kids! 

I sent it to spam without replying.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1376 on: September 15, 2020, 09:57:32 AM »
I love the "every business is a pyramid scheme" line. 

No, no they aren't.  Yes- the CEO makes more than I do, and there is only one of him.  There are fewer VPs than AVPs. Sure, you could make a pyramid out of our org chart. But it's not a scheme.  And it's NOT multi-level marketing.

I get paid a steady paycheck, with steady benefits, and I do not have to buy into my company. I have a defined job.  I don't pretend to be an "owner" of a company I have no say in and no control over.  I don't spend more with my company than they pay me. I have no requirement to recruit for my company to make money.

CraigLePaige

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1377 on: September 15, 2020, 01:31:23 PM »
Exactly. He's just a middle man who rips off other middle men. Needless to say, I certainly won't be talking to him ever again.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1378 on: September 15, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »

I'm happy that you and your family are doing well financially.   Many families are not.  Every business in the USA is a MLM.  Their just titled, named differently.  The problem is that we are on the wrong side of it.  Think about this,  " what if " I can achieve all those goal under 2 yrs and  have a business that generates $30,000 plus per month!  Create a legacy for my kids,  generational wealth.  So they never have a boss!  That's what it all about! Paying it forward to teach others that they also can do it.. Nothing else.. See, working for someone will never give the opportunity to do that.  You guys are hella sharp, but your on the wrong side of the spectrum.   Think about it and let me know. 

P.S.  It's about achieving freedom sooner than later and building a business that you can pass to your kids! 

Again with the scripting. Did that actually look like a response to what you said specifically? It's another deflecting advertisement.

CraigLePaige

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1379 on: September 15, 2020, 08:02:47 PM »
No, I was detailed with my plan to FIRE and what I'm doing to get there. His response completely looked over that as if it was nothing important and instead went back to his sale's pitch.

So done :(

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1380 on: September 16, 2020, 04:58:16 AM »

But why would you resort to earning only $30K/month doing...well...whatever it is he's trying to convince you to do, when you could make *hundreds* of thousands a month by becoming a movie star??

Seems more fucking plausible.

BeanCounter

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1381 on: September 16, 2020, 10:26:39 AM »
I FIRED last month. At 42. I announced my “retirement” on FB, not sure that was smart but I felt like I wanted credit for working 20 years you know?! Anyway minutes after posting I got a PM from an old elementary school friend that I haven’t seen or spoken to in 25 years at least. He wanted to know if I would be interested in an opportunity to make “passive residual income” selling life insurance. The commissions would continue “forever” and be passed to my heirs.
I thanked him and explained that I already have residual income, called dividends that’s why I’m retiring.

Channel-Z

• Stubble
« Reply #1382 on: September 18, 2020, 10:43:57 AM »
It looks like several of my co-workers have fallen into the same MLM. I overheard them talking about it this week, but I didn't catch the brand. Another has been trying to sell food prep services, though I think this is more of a traditional side hustle. I bought some empanadas to freeze.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #1383 on: September 18, 2020, 11:12:06 AM »
It looks like several of my co-workers have fallen into the same MLM. I overheard them talking about it this week, but I didn't catch the brand. Another has been trying to sell food prep services, though I think this is more of a traditional side hustle. I bought some empanadas to freeze.

I want homemade empanadas! Which country of origin? What fillings?

Channel-Z

• Stubble
« Reply #1384 on: September 18, 2020, 01:02:49 PM »

USA. I chose chicken, but she was selling potato fillings and vegetable varieties as well. She's trying to make extra money because of a spouse out of work.

CraigLePaige

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1385 on: September 29, 2020, 02:45:18 PM »

USA. I chose chicken, but she was selling potato fillings and vegetable varieties as well. She's trying to make extra money because of a spouse out of work.

I did that a few times, since I make killer "picadillo" empanadas and sold a bunch at work. Instead of frozen I sold premade ones that just needed a bit of reheating. I think my last batch made me over $95 for a few hours of work. The biggest issue was the oil smell from frying them inside, it was just too much so I stopped.

Now I want some ;)

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1386 on: September 30, 2020, 05:17:57 AM »

Yeah, if they’re making the food themselves, selling directly to customers, and keeping all of the profit, it’s actual self-employment rather than MLM. My aunt (dad’s sister) sells homemade salsa, and one of dad’s cousins sells homemade tamales.

CraigLePaige

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1387 on: September 30, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »

Yeah, if they’re making the food themselves, selling directly to customers, and keeping all of the profit, it’s actual self-employment rather than MLM. My aunt (dad’s sister) sells homemade salsa, and one of dad’s cousins sells homemade tamales.

I've tried over the years to get my MIL to bottle her homemade salsa and sell it, it's absolutely amazing.

Her name is Sal, so of course I named it "Sal's Sas" but she doesn't want to. I have tried to get her to show me how to make it but she's holding onto the recipe with everything she's got :)

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #1388 on: October 08, 2020, 12:23:46 PM »
Had no idea that there are so many different MLMs!

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1389 on: October 09, 2020, 05:00:41 AM »

Yes, and they just keep popping up.

Got invited to another "Color Street" party. This invitation came from someone who ended up selling her huge Lularoe inventory at a significant loss a couple of years ago. You'd think she'd have learned...

FindingFI

• Stubble
« Reply #1390 on: October 09, 2020, 06:35:19 AM »
I had never heard of Color Street until just recently and now it's everywhere! One good friend has been sucked in and is considering signing up to sell.  She just held a party and must have purchased 10 more sets of pre-painted nail polish on top of what sounds like a large number that she already had.  At $10-13 a pop, that's hundreds of dollars in nail polish!

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1391 on: October 09, 2020, 07:06:53 AM »

Got invited to another "Color Street" party. This invitation came from someone who ended up selling her huge Lularoe inventory at a significant loss a couple of years ago. You'd think she'd have learned...

I'm amazed how many MLM sellers are frequent fliers- hoping from one company to the next.

There was a huge uproar awhile back because Beachbody (?) required exclusivity. And it seems most Beachbody "coaches" also sold LLR or Younique.

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1392 on: October 09, 2020, 07:27:06 AM »
I had never heard of Color Street until just recently and now it's everywhere!
These things go in waves. The old product gets saturated so the type of people attracted to these things move on to the next product. And 'round and 'round it goes.

economista

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1393 on: October 09, 2020, 07:36:48 AM »

I'm amazed how many MLM sellers are frequent fliers- hoping from one company to the next.

There was a huge uproar awhile back because Beachbody (?) required exclusivity. And it seems most Beachbody "coaches" also sold LLR or Younique.

That's interesting. Two of my coworkers are beachbody "coaches" and one also sells Rodan and Fields and the other sells some kind of makeup.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1394 on: October 09, 2020, 08:19:46 AM »
]
That's interesting. Two of my coworkers are beachbody "coaches" and one also sells Rodan and Fields and the other sells some kind of makeup.

They eventually backed off due to the negative firestorm of responses. Apparently too many of their "clients" were going to chose "the others" over BeachBody.

They now only require exclusivity if you're "Star Diamond" (???) level or above.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1395 on: October 09, 2020, 02:04:38 PM »

]

They eventually backed off due to the negative firestorm of responses. Apparently too many of their "clients" were going to chose "the others" over BeachBody.

They now only require exclusivity if you're "Star Diamond" (???) level or above.

Ah, that makes sense.  I have a few friends who are Beachbody coaches.  I remember, vaguely, when they made the exclusivity rule, because they quit.  (At the time, one of them was hawking wine, and I don't know what the other one was hawking.  Oh yeah!  Valentus "magic" coffee.)

But then one of them came back to the fold, so to speak.  The wine thing didn't work out.  She's doing a lot of part time thing (dog walking, dog sitting, Beachbody, run-coaching).  The other one...I don't hear her talk so much about the magic coffee anymore.  She still does beachbody workouts but I don't think she's a coach anymore.  She's now hawking "safe" and "natural" skincare. 

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1396 on: October 12, 2020, 06:43:13 AM »
Beachbody actually has decent workouts. I just don't need a disgusting shake.

You can get the workouts online without a "coach".

BeanCounter

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1397 on: October 12, 2020, 11:18:24 AM »
I received a new online party invite this week- Ziya Activewear. Crazy expensive workout clothing. Looks like reps make a 20% commission for selling to you via Facebook.

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1398 on: October 12, 2020, 11:21:49 AM »
I received a new online party invite this week- Ziya Activewear. Crazy expensive workout clothing. Looks like reps make a 20% commission for selling to you via Facebook.
One of my cousins just started selling this. Never heard of them before. They must be the hot new thing.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #1399 on: October 14, 2020, 02:22:48 PM »
How many of these things would be available from a low cost Asian supplier on the internet - the clothing, the gear, etc?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!