Author Topic: Neighbors folly  (Read 4684 times)

AdrianC

• Handlebar Stache
Neighbors folly
« on: February 07, 2014, 10:16:48 PM »
We saw our neighbor seemed to be adding a wall in the three car garage. Why we thought? A home office? Renting out a room? It all became clear yesterday when a flat bed truck arrived with a new Corvette on the back. He wanted a walled off space so the Corvette didn't get door dings from the other cars.

Nice car.

I'm so glad I don't have the slightest desire to own one.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Re: Neighbors folly
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 12:29:40 AM »
Why don't people just drive their expensive cars home?

Anyways, I don't see why anyone would waste money on a corvette these days when you can get a Tesla S for just a bit more.

LibraTraci

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:46:56 AM »
Why don't people just drive their expensive cars home?
I know! 

Don't you want to shake people sometimes?  "It is a CAR!  It doesn't need a ride home!"

It reminds me of one of those internet pictures with the caption "You're doing it wrong."

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:18:55 AM »
I am kind of glad that some people do keep cars in perfect shape.  It's fun to go to a car show and see something that still looks exactly the same as back in the day.

Me, I love cars, but I drive 'em, even though it eventually destroys them.  :-)

Jamesqf

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »
Anyways, I don't see why anyone would waste money on a corvette these days when you can get a Tesla S for just a bit more.

Besause the Tesla S is a damn 4-door sedan, that's why.  A Roadster at around $50K, now, would be a different story.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 01:25:27 PM »
We saw our neighbor seemed to be adding a wall in the three car garage. Why we thought? A home office? Renting out a room? It all became clear yesterday when a flat bed truck arrived with a new Corvette on the back. He wanted a walled off space so the Corvette didn't get door dings from the other cars.

Nice car.

I'm so glad I don't have the slightest desire to own one.

We lived here for 15 years with no garage. Then for his 50th birthday DH bought a classic Mercedes. Soon after we had to build a house for it, they require it.

Your " folly"  is my "spending according to my values."  :)   But the garage was great because it enabled me to insist that he move all of the ladders and other construction equipment out of our living room.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:28:17 PM by iris lily »

AdrianC

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 02:50:48 PM »
Oh he's a successful guy. I'm sure he can afford it.

So could I.

I'm happy that I don't feel the need.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 03:28:32 PM »
Someone in my neighborhood bought a lot, tore down the house on it, then constructed this huge building to house their cars.   It's bigger than any other actual home on the street.   I think it may be bigger than some of the lots the houses are on...

Have no idea where this person actually lives.