Author Topic: My Super Sweet 16 is so Anti-Mustacian  (Read 7388 times)

dmac680chi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
My Super Sweet 16 is so Anti-Mustacian
« on: June 26, 2017, 01:00:57 PM »
So I was bored the other night and heard about how the show My Super Sweet 16 has come back on the air. I watched the first episode of the new season.

Some highlights:
-the girl wants 2 entrances with 1 being a helicopter
-she has 3 cars she wants...ends up getting a 70k BMW
-is a youtuber and fly out a subscriber to her party
-her mom says "isn't this a bit much?"

Even if the parents make 300k a year as a pair she probably had 100k on the event. Seems ridiculous and far fancier then any wedding I'd he willing to help pay for. Can't wait for her eventual reality check surrounding taxes, bills, and normal spending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
Re: My Super Sweet 16 is so Anti-Mustacian
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 01:16:44 PM »
Finding anti-Mustachian content on television is so easy, it's hardly a sport at all.

Actually, just admitting that you watched television programming might be a cause for Mustachian concern. ;)

mrsnamemustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 01:18:58 PM »
Or is the show slyly mocking their extravagant spending, and thus secretly mustachian?

cytvta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 02:47:33 PM »
I didn't watch it, but if she is a you tube star, it's possible she's making her own money and/or the party is being paid for partially by sponsors. All that really depends on the number of followers she has. Some You Tube stars make a hefty amount. I mean if that's the case, ideally she'd be saving it. But it's also possible that by doing this she could gain more followers, thus upping her brand, followers and paycheck.

I'm sure the car wouldn't be included in there, but maybe she's paying for part of it.

All of this would hinge on if she's actually a You Tube star vs thinking she's a you tube star.

cytvta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 02:54:14 PM »
Update:

Just checked she has about 106K subscribers, definitely a high amount. But not "top level" stuff.

A friend of a friend's brother is a You Tube star, and he has 7.8 Million subscribers, just for comparison. He's probably in the top level.

dmac680chi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 02:57:23 PM »
Update:

Just checked she has about 106K subscribers, definitely a high amount. But not "top level" stuff.

A friend of a friend's brother is a You Tube star, and he has 7.8 Million subscribers, just for comparison. He's probably in the top level.

I would have thought the same thing but 100k vs 7.8 million is very different for subscribers. Not enough to fund that party but probably 1,000 a month probably.

What type of videos does your distant friend make? I'd think gaming and vlogs can get really popular.

cytvta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 03:05:38 PM »
Vlogs, but now does a ton of stuff. I think he was on the Amazing Race twice (they probably wanted young people to watch)

He's also been doing it for a long time and got in on the ground floor of all this stuff. It seems like he's made quite the career for himself, has also published books etc. I'm still friends with his sister on facebook, so I see her post about him from time to time.

My guess is this sweet 16 girl, is hoping the show will get her more followers, and maybe convinced her parents of that too...

stylesjl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 02:11:46 AM »
This kinda reminds me of that scene from God Bless America

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 09:53:36 AM »
I am so glad that I don't have cable.

dmac680chi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 10:16:47 AM »
This kinda reminds me of that scene from God Bless America

I watched 10 min of that over spring break, that's just awful tv

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
So I was bored the other night and heard about how the show My Super Sweet 16 has come back on the air. I watched the first episode of the new season.

Some highlights:

Even if the parents make 300k a year as a pair she probably had 100k on the event. Seems ridiculous and far fancier then any wedding I'd he willing to help pay for. Can't wait for her eventual reality check surrounding taxes, bills, and normal spending.

How can you have two entrances to a party?  Money aside, isn't that just stupid?

bobechs

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 04:01:51 PM »

Some highlights:

How can you have two entrances to a party?  Money aside, isn't that just stupid?

Ahh... the One Entrance Rule.

Guess it is time for a call to the Entrance Police...

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 08:17:10 AM »

Are the entrances physical entrances for her guests, or scheduled entrances for the birthday girl? Because now I'm imagining the birthday girl treating this like a performance with an intermission, followed by wowing her guests with a costume change and re-entrance. . . .

dmac680chi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 10:18:35 AM »

Are the entrances physical entrances for her guests, or scheduled entrances for the birthday girl? Because now I'm imagining the birthday girl treating this like a performance with an intermission, followed by wowing her guests with a costume change and re-entrance. . . .

It was 2 scheduled entrenched for the birthday girl. Another episode I watched the girl had 5 costume changes.

Fomerly known as something

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 01:15:53 PM »
Finding anti-Mustachian content on television is so easy, it's hardly a sport at all.

Actually, just admitting that you watched television programming might be a cause for Mustachian concern. ;)

Hey sometimes we mustacians are just want to veg out in a hotel on a business trip.

dmac680chi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »

Hey sometimes we mustacians are just want to veg out in a hotel on a business trip.

Haha yes!!

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 04:35:41 PM »

Some highlights:

How about just common sense?  Once you have entered the party -- presumably in a grand way, once you have been seen, once you have made your presence known, once your presence has officially started the party ... doing it a second time is just stupid.

Of course, it's not the only stupid thing about these parties.

bobechs

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 12:10:06 PM »

Some highlights:

How about just common sense?  Once you have entered the party -- presumably in a grand way, once you have been seen, once you have made your presence known, once your presence has officially started the party ... doing it a second time is just stupid.

Of course, it's not the only stupid thing about these parties.

Which is why we have Entrance Police.  To Serve and Protect -- from multiple entrance stupidity, with lethal force, if necessary.

Don't dis 'em.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 09:06:46 AM »
hard to enter a third time when the entrance police have already carried out your sentence for the second entrance!

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 09:53:14 AM »
I guess it's just me but I can't imagine wanting that much attention then or now. I don't even like celebrating my birthday because to me it feels like just another day. The last birthday I've been excited for was my 21st as it meant that I could legally drink.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!