Author Topic: Mnuchin's Wife  (Read 32936 times)

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Mnuchin's Wife
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2017, 07:21:51 AM »
When I see this thread pop up, I just can't resist it.

Here goes:

yogapants #severalyearsold
Tshirt #ValueVillagethriftstore
feet #bare
hair #goinggraynaturally

Have a good day everyone!!

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2017, 08:31:44 AM »
Mnuchin and Linton's increasingly non-Mustachian lifestyle is inviting even more scrutiny.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-requested-government-jet-european-honeymoon/story?id=49777076

Who among us hasn't wanted to improve our honeymoon by requesting a $25,000/hour jet service from the US Air Force?

Malloy

• Bristles
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »
Mnuchin and Linton's increasingly non-Mustachian lifestyle is inviting even more scrutiny.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-requested-government-jet-european-honeymoon/story?id=49777076

Who among us hasn't wanted to improve our honeymoon by requesting a $25,000/hour jet service from the US Air Force?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08/louise-linton-instagram
“Aw!!! Did you think this was a personal trip?! Adorable!” she wrote. “Do you think the US govt paid for our honeymoon or personal travel?! Lololol.

If the US government didn't pay for their honeymoon or personal travel, it wasn't for lack of trying on her husband's part.  These people are the worst.  When you are worth hundreds of millions and you try to scam taxpayers into paying for a private plane for your honeymoon travel, you aren't a mustachian-you're a crook.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2017, 09:41:35 AM »

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08/louise-linton-instagram
“Aw!!! Did you think this was a personal trip?! Adorable!” she wrote. “Do you think the US govt paid for our honeymoon or personal travel?! Lololol.

If the US government didn't pay for their honeymoon or personal travel, it wasn't for lack of trying on her husband's part.  These people are the worst.  When you are worth hundreds of millions and you try to scam taxpayers into paying for a private plane for your honeymoon travel, you aren't a mustachian-you're a crook.

Not to mention that government employees generally take a commercial flight when flying in the US. Mnunchin got a special waiver from the White House in order to fly to Kentucky. After the backlash he announced that he would reimburse for his wife's expenses, but he's still sticking us taxpayers with the bill for his flight. All so that he could see the eclipse at Fort Knox.....

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2017, 03:45:05 PM »
Quite an editorial about them in the WAPO today.  It referred to them as Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.  So apt.

I visited Versailles and had no interest -- not the palace, not the gardens.  The most enjoyable part was the roast chicken special I had at a cafe and visiting the giant walled potager (kept by the peasants, of course.)

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2017, 05:58:50 AM »
Quite an editorial about them in the WAPO today.  It referred to them as Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.  So apt.

I visited Versailles and had no interest -- not the palace, not the gardens.  The most enjoyable part was the roast chicken special I had at a cafe and visiting the giant walled potager (kept by the peasants, of course.)

Thanks for bringing up some travel memories for me. I love going to palaces and castles in UK whenever I get a chance but my main interest is in wealth extraction from the colonies (esp. Africa and British India) and trying to understand how the commoner lived supporting the royals and gentry.

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2017, 08:47:41 AM »
Today's ensemble:

Jeans:  Landsend #mostpriceythingIown
Shirt:  Ann Taylor outlet, $10
Sweater:  Costco
Shoes:  DSW shoe warehouse, cracked on bottom but will be super-glued
#Noearrings#Airdryhair#frugalhipster

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2017, 12:45:57 PM »

Thanks for bringing up some travel memories for me. I love going to palaces and castles in UK whenever I get a chance but my main interest is in wealth extraction from the colonies (esp. Africa and British India) and trying to understand how the commoner lived supporting the royals and gentry.

It grew out of the feudal (pre-enlightenment) system in which local government was primarily for security. Today, local government is primarily for city services, because we now have a national government (which handles security).

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »
Reading this thread made me realize that everything I am wearing came from Target, with the exception of my socks and nursing pads from amazon. At work I am more of an Ann Taylor/ThredUp lady, but on maternity leave I don’t quite have that same push to glam it up. ;-)

I agree with another poster that dressing up is exhausting. I go through phases when I want to dress more professionally for work. They never last though because I can’t sustain the effort, and find the nicer-looking clothes to just not be that comfortable.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2017, 09:53:14 AM »
That's why I don't do social media. Heck if my spouse was "published" on currency, I'd want a picture too. I would never put it on social media though. Am not one to boast about that sort of thing.

I can assume she seeks envy. Maybe she just wants to share with her friends their good news. We'll probably never know. 

Back to work on my aged computers that get the work done just fine while I wear my unbranded clothing. ;)

#freeMintLinuxKDE #Win7 #IntelCentrino2

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2017, 08:39:07 AM »
I actually believe Louise Linton posts these photos as part of building her lifestyle brand on instagram. There are a group of people who appreciate her style and sense of fashion, and her fame--particularly now that she's married to a cabinet member--gives her an ability to monetize this brand. The influence probably matters to her more than the money.

Chesleygirl

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2017, 10:20:50 AM »
I actually believe Louise Linton posts these photos as part of building her lifestyle brand on instagram. There are a group of people who appreciate her style and sense of fashion, and her fame--particularly now that she's married to a cabinet member--gives her an ability to monetize this brand. The influence probably matters to her more than the money.

She's just another fake, thin, blond rich woman. I don't want to copy her style at all.

CogentCap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2017, 06:14:23 PM »
Ooh, ooh, my turn!

Today's outfit:

Onesie, soft and fleecy, with Olaf on it that says "I Love Warm Hugs" all over it.  ($0.50 at yard sale)

That is all.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2018, 09:36:35 AM »
http://www.elle.com/culture/career-politics/a15895367/louise-linton-march-2018/

Hahahaha holy **** she's back again!

Louise Linton Is Super-Duper Sorry

Uh, ok.

There are many other things Linton insists make her a regular person. She loves SoulCycle, for one. “That’s temple for me,” she says, dressed in a SoulCycle beanie and leggings. “This is my uniform. I wear SoulCycle stuff every single day of my life.” She’s fond of the expression super-duper. She is “super-duper” sorry for all of the missteps in her self-presentation. She finds the idea of doing a reality TV show, which many people have floated to her in recent months, to be “super-duper” scary.

That's not...regular.

And when she’s feeling worn down from all the negativity in the world, she’ll turn off her television and her phone, light some candles, and blast Duke Ellington so loud that it reaches every nook and cranny of her $12.6 million Massachusetts Avenue Heights home.

TOTALLY REGULAR YA'LL.

Lest you suspect she married Mnuchin for his money, she grew up almost comically well-off in the suburbs of the Scottish capital, Edinburgh, where her father was a property developer. She was raised in a small castle.

JUST SO ****ING REGULAR.

She had her first harrowing brush with notoriety for a memoir she published about her time in Zambia (titled In Congo’s Shadow: One Girl’s Perilous Journey to the Heart of Africa), in which she painted herself as a Mother Teresa figure bravely navigating the all-encompassing threats of Mother Africa. She wrote of being frightened of rebels targeting her, the “skinny white muzungu with long angel hair,”

Ok, what the actual ****?

The two classify themselves as movie buffs. (When I ask what their favorite film of the year is, Linton mentions that they recently watched and adored Crazy, Stupid, Love.)

That's the last straw.  You do not get to call yourselves "movie buffs" and then say a film from SEVEN YEARS AGO is your favorite film of the year.  **** off.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2018, 10:36:21 AM »
I'd love to see someone like her exist on the income of a mere mortal working stiff aka $40K a year.

Whatever would she do if she had to do something besides accessorize her life and fix her hair/makeup?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:38:16 AM by Just Joe »

meghan88

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2018, 06:55:47 AM »
Just stop.  You'll hurt her feelings, again.

Carrie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2018, 07:55:26 AM »
I want to join in on the what-I'm wearing bit. But this woman=gross & clueless.

#barefoot
#jeggingsfromwalmart
#tshirtgoodwill
#nomakeupbraveeveryday
#justasmarriednoring

Vertical Mode

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2018, 11:00:51 AM »
Lol, most of what I'm wearing at work today was bought in NY in an emergency when my luggage got stolen off a Megabus.

What are the odds this woman has even heard of Megabus? So clueless.

Roe

• Stubble
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »
I wonder what the journalist said to pitch the interview to her.

I wonder what she thought of that when she read the result...

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!