Author Topic: Luxury Candles - a steal at $500 each!  (Read 3822 times)

meghan88

• Pencil Stache
Luxury Candles - a steal at $500 each!
« on: March 07, 2016, 02:33:28 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/life/2016/03/04/luxury-candles-popular-among-craftsmanship-conscious-consumers.html

Note the loving description of the totally over-the-top surplus packaging:
http://www.hannahmaggs.co.uk/candle-addicts-anonymous/

I think I'm in the wrong line of business.

Vertical Mode

• Pencil Stache
Re: Luxury Candles - a steal at $500 each!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 02:48:36 PM »
So basically, literally burning money?

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 06:33:20 PM »
So basically, literally burning money?

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 06:38:17 PM »
My products are selling well, but it has crossed my mind to create a new company with the same products, but with a newly created brand name at a much higher price.

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 07:24:43 PM »
My products are selling well, but it has crossed my mind to create a new company with the same products, but with a newly created brand name at a much higher price.

Why not? Only costs a few bucks to make a company. You can probably just copy and paste the website with a little bit of tweaking. Drop several hundred bucks into making the product look fancy (better photography, hire a model for the photoshoot.) If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, no big loss. If it does, see you on the stock market in a few years.

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 09:02:58 AM »
This looks about as ridiculous as the market for luxury perfumes and colognes. At least the candle might help warm your house in the winter.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »

Why not? Only costs a few bucks to make a company. You can probably just copy and paste the website with a little bit of tweaking. Drop several hundred bucks into making the product look fancy (better photography, hire a model for the photoshoot.) If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, no big loss. If it does, see you on the stock market in a few years.

Lol, yeah. Right now I don't have complete control over my company and the principal owner isn't as active day-to-day, so I simply don't have the time, plus I know that he would block me from doing so (different school of thought). I plan to do so once I take full control. I would likely start small by bringing in a line of "high-end" versions of the things I carry with a brand name on it and a fancy logo etched into it, and then expand from there.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 06:06:56 AM »

Well, that's where all the money is these days. Everyone knows it. As long as wealth remains stratified like it is, the real profits are in high-end markets.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!