Author Topic: Lindsey Graham destroys perfectly good cell phone(s)  (Read 6858 times)

forummm

• Walrus Stache
  • Senior Mustachian
Lindsey Graham destroys perfectly good cell phone(s)
« on: July 23, 2015, 10:42:04 AM »
Donald Trump gave out Lindsey Graham's phone number on TV. So now Graham decides to buy a new phone instead of just getting the number changed. What a waste right? Well now he made a video with him destroying a whole bunch of cell phones. So even more waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXSFRMJhlgY

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
Re: Lindsey Graham destroys perfectly good cell phone(s)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »
It's not even sad... it's heartbreaking.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 12:09:13 PM »
Just goes to show that politicians with logic is a diminishing quantity.

Why don't we just vote in Homer Simpson for President? He's a better character than all those running for the big seat. Homer's a True American Hero from Springfield.

forummm

• Walrus Stache
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »
Just goes to show that politicians with logic is a diminishing quantity.

Why don't we just vote in Homer Simpson for President? He's a better character than all those running for the big seat. Homer's a True American Hero from Springfield.

Neither Trump nor Graham is getting elected president.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 01:33:31 PM »
I'm finding the Trump show a great distraction and as someone that hates the entire Republican party, I'm just loving that he's getting all the attention. That said, I thought it was funny that the senator destroyed his phone.

The attention he'll get is worth way more than the phone cost anyways. Plus, Trump is getting all the media coverage and essentially drowning out Bush and everyone else, so Graham is getting a few reporters to cover him for once.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 01:34:17 PM »
I would be so happy if Trump were to run as an independent. His ego is big enough to do so, but I highly doubt that he will.

RFAAOATB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »
I would be so happy if Trump were to run as an independent. His ego is big enough to do so, but I highly doubt that he will.

Is he popular enough to siphon enough votes from the Republican nominee with a third party run and give the democrats an easier path?  A brilliantly spiteful move.

EricP

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 01:38:24 PM »
Well, it got people talking about Lindsey Graham which was probably the goal.

He's near the bottom of a long list of Republicans, so anything to get his name out there is good thing for him.

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 01:41:08 PM »
Obviously it was a stunt. A video showing Graham calmly discussing a number change with customer service doesn't score political theatre points.

The potential additions to his campaign war chest will likely be in excess of the cost of a new phone. :)

MissStache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 01:51:58 PM »
I have a totally unrelated tidbit about Lindsey Graham.

About 8 years ago I was paid to portray an 18th Century woman at a hoity-toity Charleston ball for a hoity-toity South Carolina heritage society.  Lindsey Graham was there as the guest of honor and I got trotted up to meet him (as proxy for the actual 18th Century lady who had started the organization).  We shook hands.  He had the softest hands of any human I have ever met.  It was like shaking hands with a giant baby.

I have never forgotten it and I like to share the story at every opportunity.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:56:51 PM by MissStache »

EricP

• Bristles
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 01:54:12 PM »

About 8 years ago I was paid to portray an 18th Century woman at a hoity-toity Charleston ball for a hoity-toity South Carolina heritage society.  Lindsey Graham was there as the guest of honor and I got trotted up to meet him (as proxy for the actual 18th Century lady who had started the organization).  We shook hands.  He had the softest hands of any human I have ever met.  It was like shaking hands with a giant baby.

I have never forgotten it, but I like to share the story at every opportunity.

For some reason, this didn't surprise me.  I was just like "Huh, that makes sense, he looks like he'd have soft hands."

Cromacster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 01:58:55 PM »

A friend of mine who has met him (and shook his hand) told me the same thing.....

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 02:01:49 PM »
and as someone that hates the entire Republican party, I'm just loving that he's getting all the attention.

I on the other hand am worried he is a Republican ploy to make the others look not so bad in comparison.  "Man, that Rick Perry he's down right rationale compared to Donald Trump."

I truly don't believe Trump is a serious candidate.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:17:42 PM by iowajes »

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »
This is just all part of the three ring shit show that is American political theatre.

I'm not a fan of Republican policies.  I'm also an Iowan, and I have great faith that if Trump is still a forerunner in the national polls in January that he won't last in the Iowa caucuses.  We know a fake when we see them.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 02:18:19 PM »

Is he popular enough to siphon enough votes from the Republican nominee with a third party run and give the democrats an easier path?  A brilliantly spiteful move.

I think he would be. If you look at the last 4 presidential elections, they are all relatively close, especially the 2000 election. This election won't have an incumbent or a VP running, so it's a largely wide-open game. Polls today are meaningless indicators of who will win. I think that Trump as an independent (assuming that he campaigns extensively) is good for pealing away a few percent of the voters, and that would likely be the different. Also, I think him running would force the eventual GOP nominee to the right. So I think that if he were to run, the republicans would likely lose.

forummm

• Walrus Stache
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »

He's near the bottom of a long list of Republicans, so anything to get his name out there is good thing for him.

Of course it was the goal. He still won't win.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 08:25:29 PM »
Anything that makes Trump look like an idiot is a good thing. 'Cause either he is an idiot or something much more dangerous.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 09:21:06 AM »
What a maroooooon xD

FLA

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 07:51:21 PM »

I talk about him a lot.....to my terminally ill mother making a concerted effort to use an IPad. Every time she successfully sends an email, I tell her, "Lindsey Graham can't do that and he's running for President!" 

now I need to know if he had voicemail set up on those phones and if he can text, because my mom has to keep up with him, it's a point of honor now

MudDuck

• Stubble
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »

I literally lol'd at this and read it to everyone else in the room. :)

ShoulderThingThatGoesUp

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 02:28:11 PM »
Lindsey Graham is one person I would vote for Hillary over. At least she pretends to not want to kill piles of Middle Easterners, even though she has and will do it more.