Author Topic: Limo in the drop off line  (Read 2717 times)

Frizhand

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Limo in the drop off line
« on: September 06, 2017, 08:18:30 AM »
The beginning of a new school year provides a lot of anitmustachian comedy. A friend at work saw a child dropped of by a limo for their first day of kindergarten!  He saw a second limo just after he left the school that also appeared to be headed toward the school.  This was at a public school in an average american town.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
Re: Limo in the drop off line
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 08:22:09 AM »
One can only hope that the kid's parent is a chauffeur and was dropping the kid off on the way to work.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 08:26:27 AM »
One can only hope that the kid's parent is a chauffeur and was dropping the kid off on the way to work.

My first thought too. There's a modest middle-class house not far from mine where I regularly see a regular carlike limo as well as (IIRC) a stretched Expedition - both pretty nice vehicles, probably used at ostentatious gatherings, but the owner/operator is just living an average schmoe's life.

Dave1442397

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 09:07:48 AM »
My daughter's orthodontist had a competition with first prize being a limo ride to school on the first day back for the winner and five of their friends. It could be something like that.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 09:12:33 AM »
I wonder if going to kindergarten is going to be something like prom. Big day! Get a limo! 

UGH.

(Though maybe if all the kids in the neighborhood went together it would save some traffic in the drop off line. Because most kids don't ride the bus to their first day of kindergarten since parents come too.)

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 07:14:38 AM »
Limo to Kindergarten isn't that different from the "Eighth Grade Graduation", is it?

Laura33

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 07:26:03 AM »
I had a business trip to NYC a few years ago, so I got up early one morning to go running in Central Park.  On my way back to the hotel, I was coming down Central Park West, and it turned out it was "leave for school" time.  Talk about "anything you can do, I can do better" -- every building had a lineup of $100K+ vehicles, all waiting to take their teeny cargo to school.  It was "my Panamera trumps your Escalade"; "well, my private driver trumps your Panamera." 

It was really, really hard not to laugh out loud at all of the status-flashing among people who clearly have nothing left to prove to anyone financially.