Author Topic: Lifehacker: "Should I Buy A Certified Pre-Owned Luxury Car Or Lease A New One?"  (Read 3931 times)

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
Apparently there is no third option to some people...

senecando

• Bristles
To me - cars are not assets. All they do is depreciate. So, the whole "I own my car, it's mine" thing doesn't do much for me. Also, the point that I'm at in life is I'm fine with my lease being a set x amount of money - but I can't deal with a random $1,500 repair that easily. So the whole warranty / no cost thing is very important.

And, by the time 3 years rolls around, I'm ready for a new vehicle.

Started so, so, so good. Ended so, so, so bad.

RWD

• Walrus Stache

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
Yeah, for too many people it is ingrained that a car payment is inevitable. I know a ton of people that will upgrade to a new car every few years because they are going to be paying the same either way. All I can say is that it is nice to not have a car payment to make.

Scandium

• Magnum Stache
Should I Buy [No!]  A Certified Pre-Owned Luxury Car [No!] Or Lease [No!]  A New One?"

also
I would argue that the driving experience is worth the extra expense
Haha! Yes it was really worth it for the extra 300 hp while I'm sitting here in traffic.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:03:14 PM by Scandium »

kaizen soze

• Stubble
If you lease a new one, you can be sure to get the exact features you need:

http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-most-ridiculous-luxury-car-features-1551134770

Elderwood17

• Pencil Stache
Yeah, for too many people it is ingrained that a car payment is inevitable. I know a ton of people that will upgrade to a new car every few years because they are going to be paying the same either way. All I can say is that it is nice to not have a car payment to make.
I have a good friend - an intelligent educated person - who didn't mind getting upside down on his last trade in because "the payments were the same and the car is newer so I am ahead".    I just don't get why people cannot see a car payment is not a requirement for membership in society. 

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
I have a good friend - an intelligent educated person - who didn't mind getting upside down on his last trade in because "the payments were the same and the car is newer so I am ahead".    I just don't get why people cannot see a car payment is not a requirement for membership in society.

I have wondered this myself many times!