Author Topic: Lease not just one, but two cars  (Read 2580 times)

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
Lease not just one, but two cars
« on: May 14, 2017, 01:17:56 PM »
Heard an ad on the radio Friday:

"Lease two Kias for $222 per month, for ten years.  Credit a problem?  No problem.  You only need $350 income per week to qualify."

SavinMaven

• Stubble
Re: Lease not just one, but two cars
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »
Because who doesn't want 14.7% of their income going to.... two Kias?

(do Kias even last 10 years?) ;)

Smokystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 04:34:33 PM »
I couldn't imagine that the dealership would want them after 10 years .... and they don't. At least a few offers I found are for 3years leases. I think you heard something about a 10 year/100,000 miles warranty.

For example:
http://www.billdoratykia.com/new-vehicles/new-vehicle-specials/

Still a terrible deal where you almost pay half the price of a new one in three years, but have to give it back AND stay under 12,000 miles, etc. Can't imagine that most people who lease actually have the $6,000 down for this "deal". (And that's for 1 car at $111/month.... none of the people looking at this deal seriously have $12 grand to put toward a car. I suspect this is to get people in the door.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 08:44:59 AM »
Those Kias would last with some TLC and an owner that cared about them.

When a Kia dealer came to town here back in the 90s there was a flood of Kia Sephias that reached the roads here driven by low income folks with low, low monthly payments.

These cheap Kias lasted about five years of neglect and then disappeared.

We'd see cars that looked like they had not been cleaned since they left the dealer lot or like they were props in a Mad Max movie.

It was educational to watch their demise from neglect and imagine all the other topics in these people's lives suffering from neglect.

Indio

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 09:00:10 AM »
Kia has a new compact hybrid SUV, Niro, that came out this year that gets 49mpg highway and 52 mpg city. I've been keeping my eye on it because I would love to improve my gas mileage for under $30K. But they keep having recalls and whistleblowers suits that I'm reluctant to jump into a new model until it has been available at least a year. Would also like to buy a lightly used, instead of new.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 01:34:39 PM »
They'll get it sorted. I've rented two Hyundai cars and they were pretty nice. We also have experience with old Hyundais from 15 years ago. They were basic but solid vehicles.

I think before Hyundai and Kia merged I wouldn't have given them a chance but now they are building some interesting vehicles. Sure are a long way from the early 90s Hyundai and Kia products.