Author Topic: Kanye West Announces He Has $53 Million in 'Personal Debt'  (Read 18805 times)

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
Re: Kanye West Announces He Has $53 Million in 'Personal Debt'
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2016, 04:10:20 PM »
“Dear Kanye West: If you’re going to ask the CEO of Facebook for a billion dollars, maybe don’t do it on Twitter,”

I was thinking the same thing!

Apparently Mark Zuckerberg agrees....

He admitted to having noticed?!

A former FB employee posted a thing on FB saying something along the lines of, "If you wanted Zuckerberg, you should have posted to FB," and Zuckerberg liked it. I take that as him noticing.

OK, but that's a kind of noticing that doesn't require him to acknowledge the competition. He therefore sacrificed no badassity.

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2016, 10:18:16 AM »
“Yes I am personally rich and I can buy furs and houses for my family… but I need access to more money in order to bring more beautiful ideas to the world.”

“If I spent my money on my ideas I could not afford to take care of my family… Also for anyone that has money they know the first rule is to use other people’s money.” West added, “I am of service to the world with my art and I just want to serve more… I knowI confuse you guys sometimes but please bare with me… This is a God dream.”

What?  Not being a fan of rap, I just googled his lyrics, and this is the first one I found -- is this an example of the God dream, the beautiful idea that we all need?   

And all my people thats drug dealin jus to get by stack ya money till it gets sky high
We wasnt supposed to make it past 25 but the jokes on you we still alive
Throw your hands up in the sky and say we don't care what people say

[Verse One:]
If this is your first time hearing this
You are about to experience something cold man
We never had nothing handed took nothing for granted
Took nothing from no man, man i'm my own man
But as a shorty i looked up to the dopeman
Only adult man i knew that wasnt a broke man
Flickin starter coats man, Man you ount no man
We don't care what people say
This is for my niggas outside all winter
Cuz this summer they aint finna to say next summer im finna
Sittin in the hood like community colleges
This dope money here is Lil Treys scholarship
Cause aint no to tuition for havin no ambition
And aint no loans for sittin your ass at home
So we forced to sell crack rap and get a job
You gotta do something man your ass is grown

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2016, 10:44:49 AM »
A lot of people claim the man is a genius.  I've listened to his music (most of it, after hearing so much how it will change my life and rock my head off), and I just don't see it.  I know I already posted this, but I seriously think he might be mentally retarded.

justajane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »
They spent millions renovating their mansion (or one of them, who knows) as a big party pad, and they weren't even done when they found out she was pregnant. So of course, they stopped that job and started tearing everything out so they could start over in baby mode.

Yeah, we just had a tilesetter come do one of our bathrooms this past month, and he had tons of stories about rich people in our town who will have them tile a whole bathroom in expensive marble or whatever, only to say, "nah, that's not what we want." And then they have to rip out the brand new tile no one has even used yet and start new.

And these people aren't even Kayne rich. I can only imagine the waste and cost of celebrity renovations.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2016, 12:27:59 AM »

Yeah, we just had a tilesetter come do one of our bathrooms this past month, and he had tons of stories about rich people in our town who will have them tile a whole bathroom in expensive marble or whatever, only to say, "nah, that's not what we want." And then they have to rip out the brand new tile no one has even used yet and start new.

And these people aren't even Kayne rich. I can only imagine the waste and cost of celebrity renovations.

Actually, this is a big reason why I"m holding off getting some elective work done in my already functional house. I want to put in laminate flooring and take down a kitchen wall, but I know that if I do it, I will be tempted to do more things, and things are fine the way they are. So I've decided to wait.

justajane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2016, 06:17:42 AM »

Actually, this is a big reason why I"m holding off getting some elective work done in my already functional house. I want to put in laminate flooring and take down a kitchen wall, but I know that if I do it, I will be tempted to do more things, and things are fine the way they are. So I've decided to wait.

Yeah, we hold off as long as possible. This bathroom gut wasn't elective, since the pipes and the stack were both leaking. To get to the plumbing they had to rip out the subfloor and original tile (which wasn't salvageable anyway). Once you do that - hey, new bathroom!

But most remodels are a cascade of more and more money, although that is different than what I describe above, which is just assholery. I imagine you would be wise enough to pick the "right" tile the first time around. I guess when someone has a lot of money and tends to being a dumbass, he or she just thinks, well, nothing's permanent, so let's just see what this 5K tile looks like. If I don't like it, I can always change it. I was pretty flabbergasted by all his stories about clients and the money they waste.

Parizade

• Handlebar Stache
  • Happily FIREd
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2016, 07:33:09 AM »
I guess when someone has a lot of money and tends to being a dumbass, he or she just thinks, well, nothing's permanent, so let's just see what this 5K tile looks like. If I don't like it, I can always change it. I was pretty flabbergasted by all his stories about clients and the money they waste.

When I read something like this I wonder what a charity could do with 5K, so I looked up UNICEF

For a 5K donation, UNICEF could vaccinate over 6000 children against measles, tetanus, and polio, provide over 60 insulated carriers to deliver the vaccines to remote areas, and supply over 600 mosquito nets to help protect children against malaria.

It's a personal choice, but I would rather take my time picking out a tile I'm sure I will like, then donate the extra money to UNICEF

AH013

• Bristles
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2016, 07:44:55 PM »
This is a man who, crashing his own car in a solo accident after being pissed off Ludacris didn't want to listen to his rhymes, compared himself to the civil rights African-American teenager who was brutally beaten and lynched for allegedly flirting with a white girl

....Is he even worth paying attention to?

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2016, 08:00:33 PM »
Apparently there's a rant that's making waves, something about him not being happy with how was treated at SNL.

Ryan Reynolds (as Deadpool) put out a video on Youtube mocking it.

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2016, 11:53:35 PM »
I'm learning so many juicy tidbits about Kanye from this thread! I remember reading a news article a few years back, after the 2008 US election, where he said he liked to imagine his vote was the single vote that allowed Obama to win the presidency.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2016, 08:30:49 AM »
This is a man who, crashing his own car in a solo accident after being pissed off Ludacris didn't want to listen to his rhymes, compared himself to the civil rights African-American teenager who was brutally beaten and lynched for allegedly flirting with a white girl

....Is he even worth paying attention to?

Even I, who regularly speak condescendingly about star worship and reality TV, but tell myself it's worth paying a little attention just so I'll know what other people are talking about, wonder if I'm not adding fuel to the fire by chiming in.

C'est la vie. Can't totally disengage, but don't want to encourage the deification of these idiots. Not sure of the perfect approach... let me know if you figure it out. ;)

force majeure

• Stubble
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »

This quote from Kanye West is hilarious.

“Having money isn't everything, not having it is.”

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2017, 12:55:10 PM »

This quote from Kanye West is hilarious.

“Having money isn't everything, not having it is.”

Something intelligent finally came out of his mouth.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2017, 01:11:09 PM »
Even I, who regularly speak condescendingly about star worship and reality TV, but tell myself it's worth paying a little attention just so I'll know what other people are talking about, wonder if I'm not adding fuel to the fire by chiming in.

C'est la vie. Can't totally disengage, but don't want to encourage the deification of these idiots. Not sure of the perfect approach... let me know if you figure it out. ;)

Rant on as you please. I use the holiday overnight visits remind my family (and myself) that subscription TV offers very little we as a family want to watch.

This year it we "discovered" some guy named Chrisley. We were staying overnight with someone who just loves this show. I was happy to grin and bear it but for the life of me I could not see the appeal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrisley_Knows_Best

As for Kayne - let him struggle for a while. Maybe he'll learn some humility.

StarBright

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »
A lot of people claim the man is a genius.  I've listened to his music (most of it, after hearing so much how it will change my life and rock my head off), and I just don't see it.  I know I already posted this, but I seriously think he might be mentally retarded.

I'm in the he might be a genius camp. FWIW - I'm trained as a classical musician and am married to a music historian. Kanye has legit musical chops (particularly in regards to experimentation and structure).

He also seems really intent on his life and art being inseparable - there is strong overlap in artistic genius and madness. His bringing more beauty to the world reminds me a little bit of Scriabin's Mysterium.

He might not be your cup of tea (Beethoven leaves me cold) but that doesn't mean his work doesn't have artistic merit :)

Also 808s and Heartbreak is awesome.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:37:15 PM by StarBright »

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2017, 01:28:03 PM »

It's been a while (a year in fact - check the thread dates).

Has he gotten better or worse? Something, something, run for president, something something?

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2017, 01:33:39 PM »
Hey there is an idea - put him on the new President's cabinet in charge of music or the arts or whatever... Its a very interesting group of people already. What's one more?

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2017, 06:45:51 PM »

It's been a while (a year in fact - check the thread dates).

Has he gotten better or worse? Something, something, run for president, something something?

I'm not sure he's gotten better OR worse. But the mental illness has become more obvious.

RidetheRain

• Bristles
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2017, 12:48:32 PM »
I'll be honest, when I saw the headline I assumed it was because of the tour he canceled(?) because of his health problems. That would be sort of fair, I think. Putting up money on your business expecting a large return isn't a bad idea. The lack of some type of insurance with that kind of money is a little suspect... But, being a rich person and taking out loans so you can continue to be a rich person is a logical fallacy. 

kite

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2017, 01:07:30 PM »
Hey there is an idea - put him on the new President's cabinet in charge of music or the arts or whatever... Its a very interesting group of people already. What's one more?

In charge of music or the arts.....  ???
Oy.
This ain't Russia.  At least not yet.